Bought 4, Received 1

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Purchased quantity 4 of a single auction item. Paid in a single Paypal transaction.

I received quantity 1 of the item in the mail.

How should I dispute this? INR? SNAD?

Thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
RE:
As a seller, it is not my fault your capacity to organize your own purchases has been exceeded. If you want to "play"... (more)

yesidonoitall (Jan. 13, 2013 @ 7:29p) |

Don't feed the troll.

He has forgotten that eBay was started as a place for the average person to gain a wide audience of... (more)

qube (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 11:42a) |

What eBay was, was then, this is now......
They are hedging towards new items all with free s/h and only from good seller... (more)

yesidonoitall (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 11:50a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yes.

Have you contacted the seller yet?

Seller finally replied and is sending me 3 more. But the question is still a valid one and may help others.

BrianGa said:   Seller finally replied and is sending me 3 more. But the question is still a valid one and may help others.

What's valid ?

As suggested contact the seller. Give them a reasonable amount of time to correct this issue before getting yourself all excited about disputes.

respdoc said:   BrianGa said:   Seller finally replied and is sending me 3 more. But the question is still a valid one and may help others.

What's valid ?

As suggested contact the seller. Give them a reasonable amount of time to correct this issue before getting yourself all excited about disputes.

I think he meant the question of whether to file INR or SNAD when getting only 1 of 4 quantity of what you ordered is valid. And it is. File a SNAD in this scenario. Filing INR would only prompt the seller to show the tracking number, in which case he can win the case. At which point, I'm not sure if you can ALSO file a SNAD as well.

It is plausible when more than 1 item is bought in a multiple item listing the seller misses the quantity though the amount of the payment would clearly indicate more than 1 was bought...
I always forwaRD TO THE SELLER THE EmAIL RECEIPT I GOT FROM pAYPAL FOR THE PAYMENT, and if more than one was bought bring it to the sellers attention.

But that just me, I am also a stickler and must get a packing slip and ask for the it in the note section of the payment and in the forwarded eMail to the seller...

Sellers not complying are dealt with the wrath of the feedback left.
Also, packing slips should be in white only for obvious reasons.

yesidonoitall said:   

But that just me, I am also a stickler and must get a packing slip and ask for the it in the note section of the payment and in the forwarded eMail to the seller...

Lol...wrath of your feedback ? I'm make sure you're on my blocked bidder list, Rambo.

respdoc said:   yesidonoitall said:   

Lol...wrath of your feedback ? I'm make sure you're on my blocked bidder list, Rambo.

I bring the packing slip issue up on eBay forums many time, many stupid sellers fight it...
They have every reason in the world as to why they should not include one...
A packing slip with an item is basic business practice....
I sit literally with a dozen packages received, all similar if not the same cell phones.
And to look at who from or where from, any substantial buyer knows that will not work....

And the reason for white paper is, if a copy is needed, color plays havoc with the copier.

yesidonoitall said:   

I sit literally with a dozen packages received, all similar if not the same cell phones.

Print off your own from Paypal. It's not a sellers fault you have a phone fetish. Unless you are buying from an actual business (either advertised as one or well known as one)...don't expect full business service. If you want full-service, I'll willing to bet any one of your local wireless phone stores are more than willing to take your money.

I bring the packing slip issue up on eBay forums many time, many stupid sellers fight it...
They have every reason in the world as to why they should not include one...
A packing slip with an item is basic business practice....
And to look at who from or where from, any substantial buyer knows that will not work....

And the reason for white paper is, if a copy is needed, color plays havoc with the copier.

Print off your own from Paypal. It's not a sellers fault you have a phone fetish. Unless you are buying from an actual business (either advertised as one or well known as one)...don't expect full business service. If you want full-service, I'll willing to bet any one of your local wireless phone stores are more than willing to take your money.

OK, then you come under a non substantial buyer.
Printing the ps from, PP is not an option for the buyer....(the buyer can print the PP transaction)
The seller
sees
PRINT A PACKING SLIP
from his account...

You fail to see the issue....

HINT:
Names and locations of where the item comes from......
6 exact items (as a substantial buyer) ok, who sent what?

RE:
Unless you are buying from an actual business (either advertised as one or well known as one).

More eBay mentality.....
By definition, an eBay seller is running a business.
How in the world would the buyer know if the seller is a pip squeak of Bill Gates?

I have for years said, we need an eBay2 (for those sellers with no clue)

yesidonoitall said:   

I agree. Feel free to start one. The rest of us will use the original eBay.

I agree. Feel free to start one. The rest of us will use the original eBay.

Do you at all have any grasp as to why a buyer printing his own slip will not suffice for id ing numerous items in front of him.
I have a feeling you do not.

yesidonoitall said:   

Do you at all have any grasp as to why a buyer printing his own slip will not suffice for id ing numerous items in front of him.
I have a feeling you do not.

If you want to run a business from buying eBay items...that's not my concern or problem. If you want to use my items to give away, sell, target practice...I don't care...but once that item (and all included listed auction contents reach you, in their stated condition)..my obligation is basically done.

Problem with no packing slip

Seller id
IamAsellerWhoProvidesNoPackingSlip
Item location on the item page
Los Angeles California

Sellers return addy in shipments is from
John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

Now whats a buyer to do?

Even if I print a packing slip claimed to be doable.

Is it going to say
John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

No!

yesidonoitall said:   Problem with no packing slip

Seller id
Los Angeles California

John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

Now whats a buyer to do?

Is it going to say
John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

No!

Get a pet monkey to keep track of your orders then. It's not the sellers obligation to be your record keeper.

This is going way off topic anyway..so I'll leave you to your fantasy world where every seller gives you invoices and foot massages per your request.

I'll chime in. I do sometimes too buy items from eBay, usually same item from multiple sellers as usually nobody has enough quantity so I can buy from 1 seller. As soon as I make payment I send seller pre-typed message asking to include packing slip. Still, maybe 80% does that. If they piss me off with something else (item condition not exactly as advertised, shitty packaging, slow shipping) I will neg them. If you want to add me to your blocked bidders list feel free to PM for eBay ID. If you are a normal seller you have nothing to worry about

CrazierRus said:    If you want to add me to your blocked bidders list feel free to PM for eBay ID. If you are a normal seller you have nothing to worry about

Again, records accountability is your issue. Unless noted in the auction, a special request (as yours is)...is exactly that: a special request.

If it filled...great. If not, it shouldn't have any bearing on feedback.

It's sad to see over the years that feedback has turned from a "heads up" for other sellers/buyers..to a "lets see how much we can manipulate that person/company to do/get what we want."

So..if you are a normal buyer..with normal expectations..you'll have nothing to worry about.

A packing slip is not a special request.
Does the sell not want the buyer to know who the item is from.
Are sellers so unintelligent as to not think this is important.

yesidonoitall said:   A packing slip is not a special request.

Again..you can find all that information under your paypal invoice and eBay or paypal order history. You can print them off, make paper airplanes, whatever you desire. If a buyer is too lazy to keep track of their own records....hire a personal assistant.

respdoc said:   yesidonoitall said:   A packing slip is not a special request.

Again..you can find all that information under your paypal invoice and eBay or paypal order history. You can print them off, make paper airplanes, whatever you desire. If a buyer is too lazy to keep track of their own records....hire a personal assistant.

Apparently I need to repeat this.

doc
Can you provide a remedy the this conundrum?

Which is quite normal for us substantial buyers.

===========================

Seller id
Los Angeles California

John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

Now whats a buyer to do?

Is it going to say
John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

No!

yesidonoitall said:   respdoc said:   yesidonoitall said:   A packing slip is not a special request.

doc

===========================

Seller id
Los Angeles California

John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

Now whats a buyer to do?

Is it going to say
John Putz
Northridge Calfornia

No!

Like most of your replies in the threads..many have no idea what planet you're on.

I also buy quite a bit and have no trouble tracking and knowing what/who my orders are coming from. If I also needed more detailed information, I know where to look and what to look under to easily find it. I also do have shipping trackers setup that can tell me from where and from who...any inbound shipments to my addresses.

Again, organization and record keeping is my responsibility. The eBay sellers responsibility is to get the said product, under the said auction conditions to me...in a timely and efficient manner.

yesidonoitall said:   

doc

If there is a transaction you can't match up to a package, you can request contact info for that transaction.

ETA: You can also, in most cases, match up delivery confirmation or tracking numbers to the numbers shown in My eBay.

yesidonoitall - Use excel to log your purchases 1) item description 2) item number 3) item location 4) seller email 5) tracking number (if they provide one when they ship the item) - when a package comes, just match the info. I don't understand how hard this is. We've been doing this for years without a problem.

applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall - Use excel to log your purchases 1) item description 2) item number 3) item location 4) seller email 5) tracking number (if they provide one when they ship the item) - when a package comes, just match the info. I don't understand how hard this is. We've been doing this for years without a problem.

A dozen items, all cell phones, I should have to decipher
who sent what.
A packing slip would eliminate all that.
Excell will not tell anything of what I need to know.

I will say it again
sellers id ix XXXXX
nothing from XXXXX is there.
There is plent items from people with names.

I bought from a seller who said his item is in Los Angeles according to the listing.
Nothing came from Los Angeles...

yesidonoitall said:   

I like how you pick on the Excel comment and ignore the other suggestions. Why won't matching tracking numbers, and requesting contact info in the few cases where tracking numbers aren't uploaded to eBay, work?

satchelsofgold said:   yesidonoitall said:   

I like how you pick on the Excel comment and ignore the other suggestions. Why won't matching tracking numbers, and requesting contact info in the few cases where tracking numbers aren't uploaded to eBay, work?

RE:
Why won't matching tracking numbers, and requesting contact info in the few cases where tracking numbers aren't uploaded to eBay, work?

Those hoops are not going to be done by me, all the seller has to do it at least give me an item number with the item..
Or they suffer the wrath of the keyboard...

So you admit that your object isn't figuring out who sent what, it's just punishing those that don't run their auctions according to your terms.

satchelsofgold said:   So you admit that your object isn't figuring out who sent what, it's just punishing those that don't run their auctions according to your terms.

A seller needs to run his business with the minimum of expected services.
Identifying what he is send and from whom is one highly expected service.
If I can decipher who sent what, the alternative is a neg assuming none were sent.
Harsh. yes it is.
My entire issue is deciding who sent what, never did I say it was not.
Trust me, buy enough and you will know what I mean.
We need to rid eBay of the slackers one at a time.

yesidonoitall said:   

Agreed. Hopefully your ban will come soon.

Agreed. Hopefully your ban will come soon.

Actually I buy under several id's blocking any is a guess at best.
However I fail to see the issue requiring a seller to id what he sent his beloved buyer, it makes absolutely no sense.
Sellers want good fb, a truly good one will not fight what is expected.
Even a bozo knows labels get torn or packages especially using the USPS a packing slip in the item will prevent the item going to the dead letter division.

We've been doing this for years and if we don't have a problem with it...I don't understand why you should.

yesidonoitall said:   applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall - Use excel to log your purchases 1) item description 2) item number 3) item location 4) seller email 5) tracking number (if they provide one when they ship the item) - when a package comes, just match the info. I don't understand how hard this is. We've been doing this for years without a problem.

who sent what.

I will say it again
sellers id ix XXXXX

I bought from a seller who said his item is in Los Angeles according to the listing.

applepielicious said:   We've been doing this for years and if we don't have a problem with it...I don't understand why you should.

yesidonoitall said:   applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall - Use excel to log your purchases 1) item description 2) item number 3) item location 4) seller email 5) tracking number (if they provide one when they ship the item) - when a package comes, just match the info. I don't understand how hard this is. We've been doing this for years without a problem.

who sent what.

I will say it again
sellers id ix XXXXX

Doing what for years..
Fighting who sent you what? Why?

yesidonoitall said:   satchelsofgold said:   So you admit that your object isn't figuring out who sent what, it's just punishing those that don't run their auctions according to your terms.

If I can decipher who sent what, the alternative is a neg assuming none were sent.
Harsh. yes it is.

No. If that were your issue you would spend the 30 seconds to cross reference tracking numbers or get contact info, it takes no more time than leaving negatives and beating this drum about the packing slip.

eBay is no different than anywhere else, if you don't get your money's worth (however you define that) you go elsewhere. You are clearly losing this battle over packing slips, most buyers do not care and therefore neither do sellers.

satchelsofgold said:   yesidonoitall said:   satchelsofgold said:   So you admit that your object isn't figuring out who sent what, it's just punishing those that don't run their auctions according to your terms.

Harsh. yes it is.

No. If that were your issue you would spend the 30 seconds to cross reference tracking numbers or get contact info, it takes no more time than leaving negatives and beating this drum about the packing slip.

eBay is no different than anywhere else, if you don't get your money's worth (however you

RE:
to cross reference tracking numbers

OMG, if that were even possible for 1/2 of the sales, why is that the buyers job?
FB is for advising of the experience with a particular seller, if I have to thru hoops to decide who sent what, what does that tell you about the seller.
It tells me all I need to know.
He is a piss poor one.
These type sellers are their for the taking of the money without a clue as what to provide for cs.

I have never used excell....
Or even know how I would.....

respdoc said:   CrazierRus said:    If you want to add me to your blocked bidders list feel free to PM for eBay ID. If you are a normal seller you have nothing to worry about

Again, records accountability is your issue. Unless noted in the auction, a special request (as yours is)...is exactly that: a special request.

If it filled...great. If not, it shouldn't have any bearing on feedback.

It's sad to see over the years that feedback has turned from a "heads up" for other sellers/buyers..to a "lets see how much we can manipulate that person/company to do/get what we want."

So..if you are a normal buyer..with normal expectations..you'll have nothing to worry about.

Making assumptions that I manipulate any seller is pretty... assumptive.

I am a seller myself and I get plenty of requests when I sell my inventory and I feel it's my job as a seller to make sure that a buyer is satisfied, as long as it's a reasonable request. I think that asking a seller to print a piece of paper (or even simply handwrite item number on one) is pretty reasonable.

Skipping 26 Messages...
qube said:   BrianGa said:   I don't get why every thread yesidonoitall participates in needs to turn into a packing slip discussion.

Don't feed the troll.

He has forgotten that eBay was started as a place for the average person to gain a wide audience of buyers. For whatever reason he thinks every grandmother on there selling extra sequined sweaters is the same as big box online retailers.

Loon probably asks for a packing slip at garage sales.

What eBay was, was then, this is now......
They are hedging towards new items all with free s/h and only from good sellers.....
Only those with business savvy know how to go up the ladder.....

Look at Amazon, from books to what it is now......
If I wanted a book, Amazon would be the last place I would even buy one from.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014