Paypal HOLDS UP PAYMENT

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just noticed that a couple of payments to me from buyers on eBay are not instantly received by me as they have been in past sales. Instead, the message states "payment initiated through Paypal" on eBay site, and no money has been received (now two days later).

Has anyone else noticed this hold up (or should I say "stick up" by Paypal-eBay to capture some interest on the money?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

PP has very good reasons for the holds.
You must come under at least one of them.
And that is no reason for a seller to not ship....

Here is some free expert advice....

Include a packing slip with the item to your buyer...

yesidonoitall said:   

So..since you were proven incorrect in the other thread by multiple members ...you had to spread your rant into other threads that have nothing to do with that topic ?

Feel free to take your meds before posting next time.

respdoc said:   yesidonoitall said:   

So..since you were proven incorrect in the other thread by multiple members ...you had to spread your rant into other threads that have nothing to do with that topic ?

Rule wrong by inconsiderate I could care less sellers....
Do they even count.....
What a way to run a business....

Gotcha....

The op's plight is really one of the reason sellers are put on holds...
Those with poor buyer feedback and low dsr's..
To the knowledgeable seller it is known it takes very little to piss off a buyer.
No way to id who sent what is one. As in no packing slip
When a packing slip is all it could take to get a positive and higher dsr's....
We are getting more and more pitiful sellers on eBay..

RE:
To piss of a buyer it takes very little,
I am dealing with one right now.
Item bought 8 am on the 5th SATURDAY
Item sent on the 5th USPS PM, The USPS puts in delivery expected on the the 7th.....
Buyer just asked, where is it......
USPS only shows intake and sent along it's way....
We all know (well some of us good sellers do)
there may or may not be interim scans, and many times they are all added when delivered....
Long live the PP holds on the bad sellers...

This is what the bozo buyer asked just hours ago....
=-=====================
Dear XXXXXXXX,

no tracking after the 5th, is it being delivered by FedEx, if so, what is the new Tracking number.

- XXXXXXXXXX

Where is the heck did FedEx enter into it....

USPS has DC no tracking (as such)

940550969993XXXXXXXXXX

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Jan-05-13, 21:12 PM, XXXXXXX, OR XXXXX

Dispatched to Sort Facility

Jan-05-13, 18:14 PM, XXXXXXXX, OR XXXXX

Acceptance

Jan-05-13, 16:02 PM, XXXXX, OR XXXXX

Depart USPS Sort Facility

Jan-05-13, 00:00 AM, XXXXXXXX, OR XXXXX

yesidonoitall said:   PP has very good reasons for the holds.

While they may have good reasons in some cases, Paypal has confirmed that they put some holds on accounts at random.

BradMajors said:   yesidonoitall said:   PP has very good reasons for the holds.

While they may have good reasons in some cases, Paypal has confirmed that they put some holds on accounts at random.

They have? When did they confirm that?

He brings that up on every thread it seems

Just like many do not get the reason for the HOLDS by PP
they will also never get the reason for a PACKING SLIP MAKING A GOOD eBay SELLER.

yesidonoitall said:   Just like many do not get the reason for the HOLDS by PP
they will also never get the reason for a PACKING SLIP MAKING A GOOD eBay SELLER.

And some will never understand that not everyone has the same definition of what makes a good seller. The 1600+ positive feedbacks as a seller with never a packing slip enclosed, those people seem to disagree with you.

Treefarn said:   yesidonoitall said:   Just like many do not get the reason for the HOLDS by PP

And some will never understand that not everyone has the same definition of what makes a good seller. The 1600+ positive feedbacks as a seller with never a packing slip enclosed, those people seem to disagree with you.

I have more than 6000,
You may too if you would include a packing slip.
And I have never asked a buyer for fb, (that is stooping kinda low)
It does not hurt to do so.....

BOTTOM line, a seller should do what he wants and only he limits his success.

yesidonoitall said:   Treefarn said:   yesidonoitall said:   Just like many do not get the reason for the HOLDS by PP

I have more than 6000,
You may too if you would include a packing slip.
And I have never asked a buyer for fb, (that is stooping kinda low)
It does not hurt to do so.....

BOTTOM line, a seller should do what he wants and only he limits his success.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.
For all you know, I have 1600 sales and 1600 positive feedbacks. You have no idea of my feedback rate, nor do you have any research showing invoices translates into more and better feedbacks. Your statistical sample of 1 person (yourself) is a statistical anomaly - you are nothing but a rounding error out of the zillions of eBay buyers.

Treefarn said:   
I'm not sure I follow your logic.
For all you know, I have 1600 sales and 1600 positive feedbacks. You have no idea of my feedback rate, nor do you have any research showing invoices translates into more and better feedbacks. Your statistical sample of 1 person (yourself) is a statistical anomaly - you are nothing but a rounding error out of the zillions of eBay buyers.

I wouldn't waste your time on him. This is from a same clown that says he is banned from Staples for buying too many laptops (one of many other wishful bragging claims). People like that try to talk big..but are just really "lacking" in many areas.

yesidonoitall said:   

Not to change the subject, but I have seen your posts in the past about this subject and I have to chime in.

I shop at eBay the same reason I may go to a yard sale, to find a bargain (ha).
When I go to a yard sale I do not ask for a receipt for my purchase or pay sales tax because it is not expected.
When I shop on eBay, I have the same expectations. It is (or was in the past) a place to try to get a bargain or at least buy something for less than retail. It is nice that you may include one with the items you sell but trying to get everyone else to do the same is unreasonable.

chester215 said:   yesidonoitall said:   

Not to change the subject, but I have seen your posts in the past about this subject and I have to chime in.

I shop at eBay the same reason I may go to a yard sale, to find a bargain (ha).
When I go to a yard sale I do not ask for a receipt for my purchase or pay sales tax because it is not expected.
When I shop on eBay, I have the same expectations. It is (or was in the past) a place to try to get a bargain or at least buy something for less than retail. It is nice that you may include one with the items you sell but trying to get everyone else to do the same is unreasonable.

eBay is not a yard sale, it is a bonafide business.
Sellers need to be professional for the well being of the community.
eBay is not built around or catering to a hillbilly type buyer.

Once one becomes an experienced substantial buyer and sits with 10 similar type or even exact items with no indication of who they are from one will understand the need for an id on the item, typically a packing slip from Paypal will provide all info of the sale.
The eBay version is somewhat abbreviated but will suffice.
The sellers hounding the buyer for feedback, are quite often the very ones who packed and shipped with no seller info or item info.....
how can I do that if I am not sure I even received the item.

eBay is slowly removing less desirable type sellers, one way is with the holds Paypal does now, and good for them.
eBay was becoming the cesspool of the internet for scamming sellers.

Why would a buyer expect or even desire less service or much less put up with it.....than from any retailer?

Stick you yard sales if that is what you want to do.

That is your opinion, not necessarily the opinion of those that shop there.
If I want professionalism, I go to Amazon.

Just My opinion. (And of most of the people I know)

chester215 said:   That is your opinion, not necessarily the opinion of those that shop there.
If I want professionalism, I go to Amazon.

Just My opinion. (And of most of the people I know)

eBay has evolved over the years.
Many items on eBay are priced less than on Amazon and returns are easier, no restock charge.
Some can be less on
Amazon, many eBay sellers also sell on Amazon.
1 laptop is 10 I sell is to an Amazons sellers buyer.
Those do request no info/paper work with the item, of course the label will reflect it coming from me and it has no indication I am an eBay seller.

I think I'm going to start telling sellers that if they send a packing slip, I will NEG them.

Treefarn said:   I think I'm going to start telling sellers that if they send a packing slip, I will NEG them.

We have 1 of you in every bunch.
Someone who is clueless about business and what a good seller should do.
And we all know we have dingy buyers.

yesidonoitall said:   Treefarn said:   I think I'm going to start telling sellers that if they send a packing slip, I will NEG them.

We have 1 of you in every bunch.
Someone who is clueless about business and what a good seller should do.
And we all know we have dingy buyers.

Pot, meet kettle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014