• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I offered a return refund, but buyer opened an eBay dispute and escalated to customer support to make a decision. Will eBay just force me to refund, or will eBay make buyer send item back for refund? I was always aware that Paypal disputes, they make the buyer return the item with tracking, but eBay disputes I'm not so sure. It would suck if they just force me to refund it without getting my item back. This buyer's an ass too...has been polite throughout process and offered refund, but he opened dispute anyway and escalated. The money is secondary, I just don't like buyers like this getting away with doing whatever they want.

Edit: Got an email that eBay closed this case. I was ready for the worst when I opened the email, that I'd lost my money. First thing I read:

"We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a full refund"

Was pissed...then it continued...

"This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

So apparently I was not found at fault. I checked my Paypal and the money was release! WTF!!! So eBay took the hit? I've never seen this happen before...and don't know why eBay would take this hit and refund the buyer and still let the seller keep the money. I still felt pissed that the buyer got away with what is essentially robbery, but I guess I should be glad that I get to keep my money.

------------
eBay Customer Support comments:
"eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wreptyle said:   I offered a return refund, but buyer opened an eBay dispute and escalated to customer support to make a decision. Will eBay just force me to refund, or will eBay make buyer send item back for refund? I was always aware that Paypal disputes, they make the buyer return the item with tracking, but eBay disputes I'm not so sure. It would suck if they just force me to refund it without getting my item back. This buyer's an ass too...has been polite throughout process and offered refund, but he opened dispute anyway and escalated. The money is secondary, I just don't like buyers like this getting away with doing whatever they want.

Thanks

Buyer will have to return item.

eBay decided that I was not at fault! Updated OP!

Have anybody feel that there's a lot of crap buyers recently? I've usually get about 2-3 negs per year. Over the past 10 days, I've gotten 2 negs, and three other people file eBay disputes against me! All of which I would've gladly accepted a return and refund! My policy has always been that if the buyer is unhappy, I have no problems doing a refund, but these people don't communicate, and like this person, was just rude and unreasonable! Maybe it's just a bad couple of weeks...

I had this once a few years back. Was a low dollar item less that $25.
Was still pissed I was 99.4% sure the buyer was trying to scam the system. I asked them to return it, they refused. Then eBay just credited both of us. Sadly it's ME who pays this anyway in the form of fees....

rhino850 said:   I had this once a few years back. Was a low dollar item less that $25.
Was still pissed I was 99.4% sure the buyer was trying to scam the system. I asked them to return it, they refused. Then eBay just credited both of us. Sadly it's ME who pays this anyway in the form of fees....

That's pretty much what happened to me. Item was low value, < $30. Sucks...got a neg for it...will probably put me out of reach of top rated for the next month

I'm going through this exact with a Buyer as well right now. That said, the buyer has indicated that they may keep the item and have eBay refund them anyways. I'm fine taking the neg. but this buyer is being ridiculous.

cughre said:   I'm going through this exact with a Buyer as well right now. That said, the buyer has indicated that they may keep the item and have eBay refund them anyways. I'm fine taking the neg. but this buyer is being ridiculous.

My advice is remain cooperative. Tell him you'd be happy to refund him if he returns it.
eBay can and frequently DOES read the messages sent through their system. And if they haven't, you can actually get someone on the phone and ask them to review it.

Treefarn said:   My advice is remain cooperative. Tell him you'd be happy to refund him if he returns it.
eBay can and frequently DOES read the messages sent through their system. And if they haven't, you can actually get someone on the phone and ask them to review it.

Absolutely. That's exactly the party line. Happy to refund with return. Additionally, reported the buyer and called eBay to say, someone needs to look into this. We'll see what happens.

cughre said:   I'm going through this exact with a Buyer as well right now. That said, the buyer has indicated that they may keep the item and have eBay refund them anyways. I'm fine taking the neg. but this buyer is being ridiculous.

I think it depends on how expensive is the item. Small items I get the feeling eBay will just eat it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014