Share your favorite EBay Developer forums

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey all. I'm looking for (non-eBay.com) forums where users can discuss the manifest (Explorer, primarily) coding problems that arise from eBay's forced IE Quirks Mode forums targeted specifically for the HEADER-less, STYLE-HOSTILE CSS designer of eBay listing pages, where I can post code and not be throttled by all the CSS folk for daring to explore the limitations of INLINE coding in a CSS-hostile eBay IFRAME.

(If all that's Greek to you, erm, W3schools is your friend! lol)

I'd also appreciate knowing about any dynamic code-validating sites that replicate the output one could expect to see on an eBay listing, since the standard process of W3 Validation is useless for eBay listing pages.

Any 3rd Party CSS Forum Sites specifically geared for eBay? Thanks guys!

TYTBUDGET

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hi, have you had any luck in your quest for forums or a test environment that replicates eBay's suckey iframe environment for descriptions?
Anything you have discovered would be of use to me and others.
Thanks
Mark

Mark, you'll be shocked to hear . . . Yes, I have found a test site! It's here:
http://www.isdntek.com/demo/auctiontester.htm

Don't ask me how the hell I stumbled upon it because it was purely by chance I assure you. One other tip I can give you however is something I've learned the hard way: Code your listing using CSS inline. There's almost no difference between using a stylesheet and manually placing its equivalent values inline. Yes yes, the CSS forums will be all over you for not being pc. Tough sh|t! A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Good luck.

TYTBUDGET

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014