Amazon A to Z claim

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I purchased an item via Amazon Marketplace. The item is hygienic sensitive, so there is a seal on the box that says do not use if broken. The items inside the box seemed new, but I hesitate to use it. I asked to return to seller, but seller won't grant me return because the seal is broken. I filed an A to Z claim. Question: I'm well aware of how Paypal/eBay handles claims, but never dealt with Amazon before. What are the chances that I will win/lose this claim?

Thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wreptyle said:   I purchased an item via Amazon Marketplace. The item is hygienic sensitive, so there is a seal on the box that says do not use if broken. The items inside the box seemed new, but I hesitate to use it. I asked to return to seller, but seller won't grant me return because the seal is broken. I filed an A to Z claim. Question: I'm well aware of how Paypal/eBay handles claims, but never dealt with Amazon before. What are the chances that I will win/lose this claim?

Thanks


If you broke the seal...you should lose the case. "Should" and what happens though..can be quite different.

respdoc said:   Wreptyle said:   I purchased an item via Amazon Marketplace. The item is hygienic sensitive, so there is a seal on the box that says do not use if broken. The items inside the box seemed new, but I hesitate to use it. I asked to return to seller, but seller won't grant me return because the seal is broken. I filed an A to Z claim. Question: I'm well aware of how Paypal/eBay handles claims, but never dealt with Amazon before. What are the chances that I will win/lose this claim?

Thanks


If you broke the seal...you should lose the case. "Should" and what happens though..can be quite different.


Sorry I didn't make that clear in the OP. I didn't break the seal...I received it that way!

Wreptyle said:   

Sorry I didn't make that clear in the OP. I didn't break the seal...I received it that way!


hmm....I guess I would look at if it could have broken in shipping. If not, than yes, you do have a case.

If you received it broken you should win. Probably something you may want to buy locally in the future or order only directly from Amazon as the seller (not marketplace seller).

I didn't win...Amazon ruled in favor of seller. Tried appeal...lost that too. Will now try discover guarantee return. I got screwed as seller...never thought I'd get screwed as buyer

To be fair, I didn't want to return the item at first, but then I decided that I wanted to because I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Amazon may have taken that as I changed my mind. But the seal was definitely broken when received.

Wreptyle said:   

To be fair, I didn't want to return the item at first, but then I decided that I wanted to because I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Amazon may have taken that as I changed my mind. But the seal was definitely broken when received.


You're not giving the full story....since last I checked...Amazon didn't develop the use of telepathy. If you filed a claim, stating the factory seal was broken...how did they think you changed your mind ??

The full story is this, I sent an email to seller a week after receiving item, saying I want to return the item because I can find a better deal. Seller ask me if item outer seal was broken. I told him yes, but it came that way, I also told him that I didn't contact him initially because before I found better price, I debated keeping item because the items inside the box was sealed (hygienic product has inner seal). Seller refused refund because box outer seal was broken.

So look, I get it, I'm a seller on eBay as well, and if I were to listen to my story, it would seem that I broke the seal myself and I changed my mind. So lesson learned, I should've just raised hell the moment I got the item. But that doesn't excuse that the item WAS open when I got it. I also did some search on the Amazon reviews for this product. There were two reviews that mentioned that they also bought from this seller and also got a box with outer seal broken. So I'm not alone in this. If this was Paypal, I would've won the claim.

Discover looks like they will cover my return...so at least that's good news.

Hope the seller doesn't lose after your chargeback.

Wreptyle said:   The full story is this, I sent an email to seller a week after receiving item, saying I want to return the item because I can find a better deal. Seller ask me if item outer seal was broken. I told him yes, but it came that way, I also told him that I didn't contact him initially because before I found better price, I debated keeping item because the items inside the box was sealed (hygienic product has inner seal).

Read what you wrote again, without bias. It obviously sounds fishy. My top priority, if any seal would have been broken on a hygienic sensitive item....would have been the seal. The price (or finding a better deal, price match, etc)...would have never even crossed my mind...if the seal was broken.

Like I have acknowledged...yes it absolutely sounds fishy, but since you have nothing but my word to go on, all I can tell you is that it's the truth. I guess this means perception is fact?

gyzo33 said:   Hope the seller doesn't lose after your chargeback.

Again, I get that as a seller, you (and I) would have this opinion. But as a buyer, if the seal WAS indeed broken when received...I hope the seller loses. Like I said, lesson learned...next time seller gets a chargeback/claim the moment I receive it.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014