What's the scam? Ebay Sales Job

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Came across this and it seems too good to be true:

http://johnbrownthegreat.info/

1. You will sell all 500 of my Revised booster box on eBay today. You can start this job right now.

2. You will make 80% in commissions for each one sold. Do the math: $200 times 80% = earn $160 each.

3. You will follow all of the instructions given on this website below to create your first brand new eBay auction.

4. You will email me the URL or the eBay link so I can share the newly created auction with all of my friends.

5. You will wait 60 minutes for the eBay auction you have created to end. It will end and you will have a buyer.

6. You will allow me to ship them each for free and for you first when you have sold each Revised booster box.

7. You will get tracking numbers from me when each Revised booster box is shipped so you could notify the buyer.

8. You will need not pay me first. I trust you and everyone I meet online. Good faith and good karma equals money.

Worst and best case scenario:

1. I ship out the item (Revised booster box) first, the customer receives it, leaves you a positive feedback but you don't pay me.

2. If this happens, I would be out one Revised booster box and you will be banned from selling anymore products for me.

3. I ship out the item first, you pay me when your buyer gets the item, and you make even more money selling this item for me.

Contact me if you have any questions:

John Brown - email: doctorjohnjohn111@yahoo.com

Phone - (850) 368-8368 call or text anytime

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't know what the scam is, but if it sounds too good to be true...

Wonder what this guy is actually going to be sending people (if anything at all, could give fake tracking numbers)
The picture he has is of a Magic the Gathering box and a quick search on eBay shows Magic Revised edition sealed boxes going for over $1000.

One scenario: Stolen credit cards, hacked paypal and/or bank accounts. He will be controlling the buying to ensure fast sales. Everything will be cool until all the unauthorized payment claims at Paypal. And when LE sees they've all been coming to you they will be knocking on your door.

Why would he not just sell all himself?

If you do some searching about this guy, he appears to be a known scammer. He apparently doesn't actually have any product to ship, or doesn't have enough product to fulfill all orders, so legit sellers asking for proof of stock before entering into partnership/drop-ship agreements run into problems with him.

This is a money machine. Sounds like a great plan. Unlimited profits.

He has posted on Elance looking for a contractor. Beware. May see about having him delisted.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014