FedEX indirect signature enough?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anything over $250 I do FedEx direct signature. Curious if indirect signature is enough for seller protection. Thanks!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can't answer you. I sell mostly on Amazon and will get DSR on most packages of ~$200+. I have used it seven times since 12/9/11 based on this and all of them show a name (first initial, last name) on the FedEx website and one also includes the name in the email. There are 23 results in all going back to 11/16/07.

The next one, delivered 6/23 of that year gives "No record of this tracking number can be found. For more information, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339" on the site.

There are 23 results of the above search going back to 11/16/07. This search yields 9 results, only one of which since 12/9/11. Possibly if they actually sign for it, it will show up in the email, but if they have a signature release on file, it doesn't show up in the email but does on the site, but that seems a bit unlikely (8 of the last 9 would have signature releases on file?). In any event, at least 17 recorded a name currently visible on the site or in my email with other 6 unknown.

qube said:   Anything over $250 I do FedEx direct signature. Curious if indirect signature is enough for seller protection. Thanks!

I do the eBay shipping with FedEx daily,
If FedEx home, indirect is by default ordered.
If FedEx ground, direct is.....

The address determines if home or ground.

Home is Tuesday thru Saturday delivery
Ground is Monday to Friday

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014