Ebay says I can only sell one like item per month!

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Sold antivirus software. Went to sell another one (same title) and got hit with the new 30 day relist limit. I called them and said I wasn't re-listing, I was selling a different item. I was told I can only sell one like item each 30 days. Wow, just wow. So I said if I sell pencils, I can only list one pencil every 30 days. And the guy said yes.

Technically he is saying I can only list this pencil once per month. So I could sell 1000 pencils in one listing but only have the listing once per month. This doesn't cut it for me though, I never have more than one same item at the same time.

I called back and another CSR let me list this time and kicked my account up for review to get approval to list the same item more than once per month. She initially said she could set it at five per month and then came back and said she could just pass it on for review to completely remove the limit. I guess I should have shut up and said thanks when she said five per month as I would have never hit that limit anyway.

I guess we'll see but are they getting so stingy with their bandwidth that they don't want multiple listings in the same month? Is this because they don't charge a listing fee anymore? They really couldn't get any cheaper, their fees are very high between eBay/paypal it's at least 12%.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think its more that they are getting pressure from manufactures/software developers to crack down on unauthorized sellers selling their products at a discount. I wouldnt be surprised if the software maker in question has their own eBay store.

That, and with certain hot categories - ipads, iphones or video game consoles, they are also trying to cut down on scammers putting up multiple auctions for a non-existent product.

clearanceman said:   Sold antivirus software. Went to sell another one (same title) and got hit with the new 30 day relist limit. I called them and said I wasn't re-listing, I was selling a different item. I was told I can only sell one like item each 30 days. Wow, just wow. So I said if I sell pencils, I can only list one pencil every 30 days. And the guy said yes.

Technically he is saying I can only list this pencil once per month. So I could sell 1000 pencils in one listing but only have the listing once per month. This doesn't cut it for me though, I never have more than one same item at the same time.

I called back and another CSR let me list this time and kicked my account up for review to get approval to list the same item more than once per month. She initially said she could set it at five per month and then came back and said she could just pass it on for review to completely remove the limit. I guess I should have shut up and said thanks when she said five per month as I would have never hit that limit anyway.

I guess we'll see but are they getting so stingy with their bandwidth that they don't want multiple listings in the same month? Is this because they don't charge a listing fee anymore? They really couldn't get any cheaper, their fees are very high between eBay/paypal it's at least 12%.

RE:
their fees are very high between eBay/paypal it's at least 12%.

Nowhere near 12% for me, it may depend on what you sell

==============================
32 prepaid cell phones (item title omitted) Final price: $684.88 (Fixed Price) 360######### Mar-##-13 08:16:28 PDT
Final Value fee US $35.24
PP fee for that $15.37
===============================

HP Pavilion Laptop (title omitted) AMD 2.7 GHz 750Gb HDMI USB 3.0
Final price: $434.88 (Fixed Price) 300######### Mar-##-13 03:50:34 PST
Final Value fee US $22.74

PP fee $9.87

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014