paypal holding funds for "unauthorized transaction"

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
So I sold something for $26 shipped to a name and address that at the bottom of the paypal address it said confirmed.

The payment is from "linda jones" and says the sender of this payment is unverified.

I sent it with delivery confirmation...will I lose this once i give paypal the tracking number

Member Summary

Excerpted from the PayPal Seller Protection Policy:

To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

a. Basic Requirements:
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.

c. Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
The payment must be marked ďeligibleĒ for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation Requirements.
"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
The date the item is shipped.
The recipientís address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
The recipientís address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).

"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
The itemís status as delivered.
The date the item is delivered.
The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page.
The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).

trader14 said:   So I sold something for $26 shipped to a name and address that at the bottom of the paypal address it said confirmed.

The payment is from "linda jones" and says the sender of this payment is unverified.

I sent it with delivery confirmation...will I lose this once i give paypal the tracking number

Happens all the time. You need to read/understand the terms to see if you are covered.

trader14 said:   So I sold something for $26 shipped to a name and address that at the bottom of the paypal address it said confirmed.

Was it marked "eligible" for paypal seller protection? If yes, then you will win if you give paypal the tracking number.

As long as the address is confirmed, then you are good to go. The whole bit about verified/unverified has nothing to do with eBay and paypal buyer/seller protection. If there are unverified, it just means that the buyer hasnt added a bank account or credit card to their profile.

BankofGreed said:   trader14 said:   So I sold something for $26 shipped to a name and address that at the bottom of the paypal address it said confirmed.

As long as the address is confirmed, then you are good to go. The whole bit about verified/unverified has nothing to do with eBay and paypal buyer/seller protection. If there are unverified, it just means that the buyer hasnt added a bank account or credit card to their profile.

The addy DOES NOT need to be CONFIRMED anymore, and has not for years....
Buyer does not need to be verified for seller protection.
The payment needs to show
SELLER PROTECTION
and seller needs to ship to the address Paypal provides
and have the proper DC or signature confirmations depending on the amount of the payment.

Take this info to the bank

just to close loop - i won the dispute and received this note from paypal - The funds that were placed on temporary hold are now available for use

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014