How to appeal an eBay case?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
So I needed to appeal a case against me (as a buyer).

According to eBay's internal help,

"To appeal a case, go to the Resolution Center—or click the button below—find your case, and then click Appeal."

There does not seem to be an 'Appeal' button in the Resolution Center. Only a 'See Case Details', and there is no Appeal on that page either.

Anyone know where they hid the 'Appeal' button?

Here's the details. These are cut and pastes from the Resolution Center. #6 directly contradicts #3 and #2. I escalated 6 days after seller received the return and I hadn't heard from them.

1) eBay Customer Support has opened a case for you.The seller has until Mar 13, 2013 to respond. Mar 05, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2) The seller has agreed to issue a full refund of $281.95 when you return the item. Mar 05, 2013 at 8:53 PM
3) You've provided tracking information. Mar 06, 2013 at 5:01 PM
4) The item has been delivered and the seller should issue a refund of $281.95 to your PayPal account by Mar 16, 2013. Mar 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM
5) You have escalated the case to eBay Customer Support. Mar 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM
6) eBay Customer Support has reviewed and closed the case. We are unable to refund you for your item. Mar 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
You returned the item without authorization from the seller or eBay and did not provide tracking.

Member Summary

Call eBay.

* "The seller has agreed to issue a full refund of $281.95 when you return the item."
* "You returned the item without authorization from the seller".

* "You've provided tracking information."
* "You... did not provide tracking.

huh? Does eBay read what they write?

Right now, I'm about to write.

Escalation of the cases will appear before You if You click "close case" in the resolution center.
That is really confusing, and I'd reported this to the representative.

BradMajors said:   * "The seller has agreed to issue a full refund of $281.95 when you return the item."
* "You returned the item without authorization from the seller".

* "You've provided tracking information."
* "You... did not provide tracking.

huh? Does eBay read what they write?

I don't think they actually 'write' it, its all auto-generated. Turns out I didn't send the item back with signature confirmation (I knew that was required for selling an item over $250, not returning it.) But their reasons provided on their own website as I documented above don't match the real reason. The real reason for closing the case was no signature confirmation - the stated reason was i did not provide tracking. So I disputed my AMEX bill. Still waiting on that, but the overwhelming evidence is on my side, that I did provide tracking and I did have return authorization, despite was eBay says.

call eBay service in time, if no answer, keep calling through 2~3 days, and usually there will be an agreeable solution for you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014