eBay shipping question

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi
I made many purchases on eBay but never sold. Just sold a Keurig machine that is 15 lbs. can someone please give me advice on what would be the most economical way to ship a larger item like this. USPS, UPS, or FedEx ?
Thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Each has their own site (along with eBay themselves) in calculating an items total shipping cost. You need to do the legwork to find out which is the most economical.

Generally speaking, Parcel Select (formerly Parcel Post) is probably the cheapest, but also the slowest. You should add tracking though and depending on how much you are concerned with risk of loss, insurance (I don't if sale price <$200, YMMV).

But if you advertised Standard shipping, you shouldn't use Parcel Select as it is slower than the buyer paid for.

unit9174 said:   Generally speaking, Parcel Select (formerly Parcel Post) is probably the cheapest, but also the slowest.

Not necessarily true..since when you get up into higher weights (above ~ 5 lbs) it can vary quite a bit depending on location. You also need to factor in free tracking and included insurance (up to $100) with some non-USPS carriers.

Again, OP needs to take the time to calculate which is the most cost effective. Bevo2k1 can also help you if you don't feel like doing the work yourself.

Almost certainly FedEx. Good thing is, eBay now offers FedEx shipping directly through the Print Label options. Their prices are good, not much more than what I pay through my personal FedEx account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014