• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
Just got this in an email from eBay:

Dear (me),
We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:
Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)

Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.

Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.


Sounds like they are trying to put the professional coupon sellers out of business.

My guess is the "free" restriction is primarily due to counterfeiting. There used to be tons of auctions for free coupons that obviously were not legit.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very bad news...

crhptic said:   Just got this in an email from eBay:

Dear (me),
We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:
Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)

Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.

Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.


Sounds like they are trying to put the professional coupon sellers out of business.

My guess is the "free" restriction is primarily due to counterfeiting. There used to be tons of auctions for free coupons that obviously were not legit.




Until you got a non legit coupon, how would you know that from the listing.

yesidonoitall said:   crhptic said:   Just got this in an email from eBay:

Dear (me),
We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:
Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)

Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.

Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.


Sounds like they are trying to put the professional coupon sellers out of business.

My guess is the "free" restriction is primarily due to counterfeiting. There used to be tons of auctions for free coupons that obviously were not legit.




Until you got a non legit coupon, how would you know that from the listing.


because nobody gets FREE of the same item coupons week after week to sell. plus, look at some of the feedback. there are a lot of fakes out there - and they are made well so they work, but they are not legit.

I have no doubt that anyone making money on selling coupons on eBay is selling fakes or up to shenanigans.

just thought about it, why don't coupon sellers create a code where 25 coupons equal 1 zee 50 coupons equal 1 zoe and price everything at one penny, knickel, dime, etc... and it translates to real amount or a bitcoin like system for coupon buyers and sellers.

I'm sure Mr. BUDddddd had a hand in this.

I think someone has been smoking Mr. Buddddddd

This limit is the perfect reason for sellers to have more than one eBay id.

what was houseman talking about in the other thread about not being able to buy stuff on clearance because you need a proof of purchase?

Possibly P&G products, especially razors. You can't sell them to international buyers and there's a limit to how many you can sell per month . If you reach your monthly limit and want to sell more than that per month you have to submit receipts showing you purchased the razors. I sell razors but mostly Schick to avoid the P&G limit

It was oral b toothbrushes. Closed my account after 15 years, one neutral, feedback and over 500 items sold. Oh and I showed them a partial receipt I took a photo of showing my savings but since they couldn't read target on it the wouldn't accept it. It's crazy!!!

houseman said:   It was oral b toothbrushes. Closed my account after 15 years, one neutral, feedback and over 500 items sold. Oh and I showed them a partial receipt I took a photo of showing my savings but since they couldn't read target on it the wouldn't accept it. It's crazy!!!
was this recently? I knew about razors and they're $$ items but toothbrushes???

pecanpie said:   yesidonoitall said:   
Until you got a non legit coupon, how would you know that from the listing.


because nobody gets FREE of the same item coupons week after week to sell. plus, look at some of the feedback. there are a lot of fakes out there - and they are made well so they work, but they are not legit.


Also you can check here - http://www.couponinformationcenter.com/psa-list.php - I have seen coupons listed that are clearly identified on this website as being counterfeit.

qube said:   I have no doubt that anyone making money on selling coupons on eBay is selling fakes or up to shenanigans.



 

There are profitable, legit clipping services that have their own sites as well as selling on eBay.  If the issue is counterfeits then the legit clippers will just sell via their own sites or places like Coupon Flea Market.
If the issue is retailers trying to curtail mass coupon use then there will be pressures on clipping services as well.  P&G is already limiting coupon use to 4 of the same coupon per day.  So far my stores have not enforced it and as long as coupons are submitted to clearing houses en masse then it shouldn't be a problem.  But if P&G were to limit reimbursement to retailers that would be a real problem.

When I was new to eBay I bought coupons for free Science Diet cat food.  I created a Search for those coupons and it didn't take me long to realize that it was the same seller repeatedly selling the same coupon.  I've been buying Science Diet for 20+ years and I like the company.  I didn't like that they were being scammed.   I don't know how much the fakes "cost" Hills but their coupons are now harder to come by.  Very few ip's.  Now their coupons have holograms.   End result is I end up paying more because I can't get legit coupons as easily. 

I'm an "extremist", purchasing lots of 20 coupons.  The new policy affects me significantly but I'm glad something's being done about the fraud.  Many of the coupons I buy are for $1 so lot of 20 won't be affected.  I'll just plan to get my higher value ones from clipping service.

PSA:  If you buy from clippers and they've been "gang cut" please re-cut some of the edges.  Some stores have been denied reimbursement because coupons were gang cut. 

I would have to agree with that policy. I'm a paper carrier who also happens to be a couponer. I will not give away or sell my Sunday insert to anyone who live within my papers selling area. I have had people ask me if they could have some coupons and my answer as been and always will be NO-Quit being so cheap and buy the paper

elrichardb said:   I would have to agree with that policy. I'm a paper carrier who also happens to be a couponer. I will not give away or sell my Sunday insert to anyone who live within my papers selling area. I have had people ask me if they could have some coupons and my answer as been and always will be NO-Quit being so cheap and buy the paper
i give a LOT of my coupons away.  i had a box that i kept at a consignment store with free coupons in it (the store closed now).  and there is a box for coupons at one of the local libraries for anyone who wants them.  when i get over that way, i give them my coupons too.  if i'm not going to use them, might as well give them to someone who will.

what irks me the most (besides fraudulent coupons) is that many of the sellers on eBay are selling the binkies and tear pad coupons -- and in bulk.  so you know when you go to the store and there are no coupons left.  well, that is why.  some greedy people decided that the whole lot of coupons belong to them.  

I used a coupon at WM that had printed
void if purchased

I told the lady I bought it, she said, who cares....



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014