eBay giftcard for $25 and get a $5 ebay gift card

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
I'll let u guys discuss this...i got an email from eBay... buy a $25 eBay gift certificate from someone and get $5 for urself after 4-6 weeks...its good if you have 2 eBay accounts like i do...send one to yourself

http://pages.eBay.com/giftcertificatespromo/buy1get1/


Ten days only, starting Thursday, October 14, 2004, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 a.m. plus one second on Thursday, October 14, 2004) and ending Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 p.m. plus 59 seconds).



Any eBay member.



During the promotion period, send an eBay Gift Certificate for $25 or more.
eBay will send a $5 electronic eBay Gift Certificate for a future purchase to the email address associated with your PayPal account within approximately 4-6 weeks from the end of the promotion.




This promotion does not apply to eBay Gift Certificate purchases before or after the promotion period.



eBay Gift Certificates let you share the fun and excitement of bidding and buying on eBay - the world's online marketplace. eBay Gift Certificates may only be purchased and redeemed using PayPal and may be used for any of the millions of eBay items that accept PayPal.
For complete information on eBay Gift Certificates, including instructions on how to buy and redeem them, FAQs and Terms & Conditions, please visit: eBay Gift Certificates!



You cannot purchase a Gift Certificate for yourself. Please enter an email address that is not associated with your PayPal account.

Lol...oh well...get a friend

Wow....my wife and I have seperate eBay and Paypal accounts....this will work out nicely.

Thanks!<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border=0> Easy as pie!

Thanks OP! Just ordered one and will order another one w/ my wife's paypal account.

wonder how many times can this be done?

Can I send it to a different account, but still use it on the same account I purchased it from?

In for one. Thanks OP. Ends tonight.

THANK YOU!!<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border=0>

Thanks OP! Just did this today (just under the wire).

Thanks. Worked like a charm <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Hmm I haven't recieved this email yet..I only been a eBay member for 10 months?

How can you use these GCs ... Only for purchases on eBay???

Thanks OP, in for one. Now, can I use this certificate that I bought for somebody elses account on my account?

Never mind.
"Some Important Terms
eBay Gift Certificates are non-transferable and cannot be resold."

stlite said: [Q]Thanks OP! Just did this today (just under the wire).

It ends in about 4 hours (23:59 PM PT). I sent the $25 GC to my wife. I also referred her so when she joins eBay and buys something with the $25 GC, I get 500 anything points ($5). I also had her buy a $25 GC and send it to me. End result after waiting a month for the $5 bonus GC will be $65 in eBay GCs for $50.

The email address you send the GC must either have a paypal account or must sign up for paypal.

whoops

Thanks!

DrummerJoe said: [Q]repost of an idiotic thread

I do hope you realize that thread is the repost, and not this one.

crap good point

LOL

if I have two totaly different account, I can earn $10 eBay coupon from this? I send $25 to my friend, and I get $5, and he send "my $25" and he also get $5.. will that work?

I think so, but its a bit too late now.

Did anyone get the $5 certificate. I didn't and I don't know where to complain to.

GCs can be used for paying off eBay comissions for only for paying off goods purchased via auctions

I got the $25 gift certificate but never got the $5 (in a different PayPal account). I don't think I'll do this again. At least I'm not out anything.

stlite said: [Q]I got the $25 gift certificate but never got the $5 (in a different PayPal account). I don't think I'll do this again. At least I'm not out anything.

I'm not sure if eBay will really scam us like that, but I think we just might need to contact them somehow.

The 6 weeks has just run out (from October 23) so I'll wait another week or two before I contact them.

mm... Didnt get my $5 card either...<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border=0>

Didn't get mine either. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0><img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

Anyone get this yet? I'm so annoyed that neither me nor my boyfriend have rec'd our $5 GCs...Shooting off an email, will update if they reply

mav14 said: [Q]I'm not sure if eBay will really scam us like that, but I think we just might need to contact them somehow.

u can contact them about this promo here:

http://pages.eBay.com/help/buy/certificates.html#

linked


I contacted them and got this response:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay Customer Support with your
request. I understand your concerns and will be happy to help you.

We sent $5 email gift certificates to participating customers last
week.
However, I checked the list and didn�t see your name or email address
on
it.

Could you please kindly provide us with additional information so that
we can research this a bit? What would be helpful is any confirmation
email you received. Also, please confirm the date on which you made the
purchase, the amount, the name and email address associated with the
PayPal account you used to purchase the gift certificate and the name
and email address of the recipient. We may not need all of this
information, but each bit might help. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using eBay.

Regards,

Brandon G. R."
eBay Customer Support"

It would appear that they are trying to punk some people out of the $5 eBay gift certs. Well, not being one to be punked, I wrote them back with my transaction details which are easily located in the Paypal account history.

Good luck!



mikeontech said: [Q]I contacted them and got this response:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay Customer Support with your
request. I understand your concerns and will be happy to help you.

We sent $5 email gift certificates to participating customers last
week.
However, I checked the list and didn�t see your name or email address
on
it.

Could you please kindly provide us with additional information so that
we can research this a bit? What would be helpful is any confirmation
email you received. Also, please confirm the date on which you made the
purchase, the amount, the name and email address associated with the
PayPal account you used to purchase the gift certificate and the name
and email address of the recipient. We may not need all of this
information, but each bit might help. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using eBay.

Regards,

Brandon G. R."
eBay Customer Support"

It would appear that they are trying to punk some people out of the $5 eBay gift certs. Well, not being one to be punked, I wrote them back with my transaction details which are easily located in the Paypal account history.

Good luck!

I also got the same response - and that he has fowarded my info to the marketing department and will let me know of anything when they get back to him.

mikeontech said: [Q]I contacted them and got this response:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay Customer Support with your
request. I understand your concerns and will be happy to help you.

We sent $5 email gift certificates to participating customers last
week.
However, I checked the list and didn�t see your name or email address
on
it.

<snip>

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using eBay.

Regards,

Brandon G. R."
eBay Customer Support"


I, too, got the same response, except the person writing to me said he was in charge of the GC promo program and was investigating the situation. I forwarded them my purchase details and they haven't gotten back to me in a week. But it's the holidays so I assume a lot of ppl are out on vacation anyways (like me). Hopefully it'll be taken care of within the next week.

i have to tell you guys, that Brandon dude handles EVERYTHING. Any problem that I've emailed them about has a reply from Brandon.

DrummerJoe said: [Q]i have to tell you guys, that Brandon dude handles EVERYTHING. Any problem that I've emailed them about has a reply from Brandon.

Brandon sux. He should just give us peeps the promised gift certs!

Just received $5 gift certificate from my email. Didn't expect this because I was tired of waiting and cancelled the $25 gift certificate from the other email address where it was issued to.

Edit:

For me, I'm not going to use the $5 since I had cancelled the $25 one, and not subjected to use the bonus. Or I may buy another $25 GC wihtout any bonus. I probably will choose not to use the $5 at all. The following person is right, don't be immoral, no matter it's for $5 or for even much more dollars' sake. I guess I should have thought again about purchasing the GC in the first place. I remembered once one rebate center sent me two $200 rebate checks for the same camcorder rebate. I made the right decision at that time and only deposited one. Similar things happened more than once to other rebates I received. It's not easy to make the right decisions while facing the temptations. Just need to correct it if you realize it. I almost made the wrong decision this time when I first posted this post (by suggesting others cancelling the $25 and still getting the $5). Thanks for the reminder, I corrected this time.

Viewing FW let me get in a lot of great deals, but sometimes I do feel I need efforts to restrain myself from getting into some morally questionable deals. Don't mistaken me, I Love FW and really appreciate it. But I feel we need some cleaner and fresher air, not just deal wise, but also language wise.

Just my thoughts!

is'nt that immoral?

CodeQueen said: [Q]is'nt that immoral?

I agree. For me, I didn't want the $5 any more, so I cancelled the $25 one ( I didn't know when I would make another eBay purchase), and didn't expect the $5 to come after that. I'll either cancel the $5 one if they allow me (since it's a bonus, not sure they allow you to cancel it) or I'll choose not to use it at all.

Thanks for your reminder, guess I didn't think much at the time of previous posting, and just stated the fact. I'll withdwaw my suggestion from previous post.

Good for you littlefish2004. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Hopefully, everyone that did order the $25 gift cert also got their $5 bonus.

Skipping 1 Messages...
mav14 said: [Q]Good for you littlefish2004. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Hopefully, everyone that did order the $25 gift cert also got their $5 bonus.

update: I received my $5 GC yesterday!

The eBay guy i'd been emailing said that the query that they ran initially to send out the GCs must've missed a lot of ppl so they re-ran it and looks like it worked in my case. Hopefully everyone got theirs by now <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014