Overstock Auctions - Think they'll get sued soon?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
There's over 2,000 items with Louis Vuitton in the title. On eBay, there's 8,400. Sure eBay has more, but considering the millions upon millions of listings on eBay and maybe 150,000 on Overstock, don't you think they should at least make an attempt to try and end some of these obvious knockoffs that have Make It Mine (Overstock's equivalant of BIN) for $59?

I have a feeling that Overstock is going to get in a lawsuit from some company in the very near future and one more competitior to eBay will go down in a heap. Every seller that is suspended from eBay just migrates to Overstock and does the same thing that caused them to get suspended on eBay.

I guess this beckons the question: will anyone ever be able to compete with eBay? People said maybe Google if they try but they've got other fish in mind like Microsoft and their search engine.

I don't know if (or ever) there's going to be an online auction war since no one can apparently compete with eBay.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no yes!

AverySLC said: [Q]
I guess this beckons the question: will anyone ever be able to compete with eBay?

God, I dont know, but I certainly hope so. Since eBay bought PayPal they are slowly going downhill, more or less forcing users to use Paypal for their auctions. And Paypal sucks!! Dont believe me? Click here!

AverySLC said: [Q]There's over 2,000 items with Louis Vuitton in the title. On eBay, there's 8,400. Sure eBay has more, but considering the millions upon millions of listings on eBay and maybe 150,000 on Overstock, don't you think they should at least make an attempt to try and end some of these obvious knockoffs that have Make It Mine (Overstock's equivalant of BIN) for $59?

I have a feeling that Overstock is going to get in a lawsuit from some company in the very near future and one more competitior to eBay will go down in a heap. Every seller that is suspended from eBay just migrates to Overstock and does the same thing that caused them to get suspended on eBay.

I guess this beckons the question: will anyone ever be able to compete with eBay? People said maybe Google if they try but they've got other fish in mind like Microsoft and their search engine.

I don't know if (or ever) there's going to be an online auction war since no one can apparently compete with eBay.

Overstock auctions has never paid their upromise money either. Was 5 cents per bid for six months. The program has ended, but overstock auctions never paid the 5 cent bids. The accounts were credited but the money not paid.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014