• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Is it possible to find someone's eBay user ID from just their name or email address?

Thanks

type it in the search and click "search description" maybe you will get lucky

Thanks for the response but nothing. My friend is concerned one of his employees is running their eBay business from his work and is looking for proof.

It is possible, under advanced search I believe. I've done it before.

Found my answer on eBay

"If you only know a member's email address and need to find their User ID, use the Find a Member feature. This feature is useful if you receive emails from members who haven't specified their User ID and you cannot locate their listing.

For privacy reasons eBay limits the use of this feature to those members who have completed a previous transaction with the member whose User ID is being requested.

If you have not completed a transaction with the member eBay will provide only limited information about the member to ensure privacy. If eBay cannot determine a transactional relationship you should request the member to send you their User ID via email."
"

Deleted due to Colebert's delicate sensibilities.

tlaxson said: [Q]If your friend is worried that his employee is using company resources inappropriately, why doesn't he take a look at the employee's computer? The history ought to provide some clue about this employee's activities.

again with the personal destruction, laxy.

Deleted.

tlaxson said: [Q]colebert said: [Q]tlaxson said: [Q]If your friend is worried that his employee is using company resources inappropriately, why doesn't he take a look at the employee's computer? The history ought to provide some clue about this employee's activities.
again with the personal destruction, laxy.
Supreme Court rulings (as well as several state court decisions) have generally held that employees do not have much expectation of privacy when using employer-owned computer equipment, particularly on company time. As long as the OP's friend's company has a clear policy on computer use and privacy, I don't see why you're complaining, Coleby.

i just find all this stalking to be completely distasteful.

deleted.

colebert, I like your management style! let me come work for you (I hope you won't mind if I spend all day on FW).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014