• 115161718 19
  • Page
  • Text Only
I am going to sell a Graco pack n play and a swing on eBay for local pickup only. How do I prevent the paypal screw in verifying that I delivered the goods?

milkandcookies said:   I am going to sell a Graco pack n play and a swing on eBay for local pickup only. How do I prevent the paypal screw in verifying that I delivered the goods?
You take a cash payment before handing over the goods to the buyer. As per eBay's Accepted Payments Policy, this is acceptable for local pickups. Don't forget to check the bills for counterfeits.

A buyer with over 400 positive feed back wants to purchase an item from me using a money order. He has 400+ positive feedback.

I saw this on eBay - If you accept money orders as payment for merchandise sold on eBay have your financial institution look at them closely. Deposit them as you would a check and wait until you have confirmation that they have cleared the banking system. If you do not heed this advice you could be the next person to be scammed! You would not only be out your merchandise but you would be out the value of the money order! I will continue to accept money orders as a form of payment, if they originate in the United States, but I will hold them until I know for a fact that they are valid. Only then will I ship any products to a buyer.

Yay or nay to this buyer? TIA.

milkandcookies said:   A buyer with over 400 positive feed back wants to purchase an item from me using a money order. He has 400+ positive feedback.

I saw this on eBay - If you accept money orders as payment for merchandise sold on eBay have your financial institution look at them closely. Deposit them as you would a check and wait until you have confirmation that they have cleared the banking system. If you do not heed this advice you could be the next person to be scammed! You would not only be out your merchandise but you would be out the value of the money order! I will continue to accept money orders as a form of payment, if they originate in the United States, but I will hold them until I know for a fact that they are valid. Only then will I ship any products to a buyer.

Say you will only accept a postal money order - the post office will give you the cash right on the spot and if they say it's a fake, well you just don't send the item.

milkandcookies said:   A buyer with over 400 positive feed back wants to purchase an item from me using a money order. He has 400+ positive feedback.

I say yeay, but don't go through your bank, rather cash it through the issuer.

If it is a postal money order, cash it a the post office. They will know if it is fake right away. It will take your bank 10 days to figure it out.

If it is Western Union, cash it at Western Union. If it is a drug store chain money order, cash it at the said drug store. Banks are too slow to process it for them to catch the fake.

blueiedgod said:   milkandcookies said:   A buyer with over 400 positive feed back wants to purchase an item from me using a money order. He has 400+ positive feedback.

I say yeay, but don't go through your bank, rather cash it through the issuer.

If it is a postal money order, cash it a the post office. They will know if it is fake right away. It will take your bank 10 days to figure it out.

If it is Western Union, cash it at Western Union. If it is a drug store chain money order, cash it at the said drug store. Banks are too slow to process it for them to catch the fake.

RE:
Cash it at the store written on....

SIDE NOTE:
WM will not take their own money orders....
Others, maybe the same....

If this is the wrong place for this question- please let me know where may I post this question. I just thought that with all the questions about paypal being posted here...someone might know an answer.

The question:

If someone wants to pay me for my airline miles/points....what is the best way for him to transfer the money (via paypal) so that I am not scammed.

For example. Say if someone sends me $500, and I transfer my points... that person can do a chargeback on their credit card. And then since paypal doesn't offer protection for digital products, I'd lose the money and the points.

So...How Can I have him transfer the money so that there is NO way for him to take that money back after I've sent him the points.

I'd appreciate the help.

j129 said:   If this is the wrong place for this question- please let me know where may I post this question. I just thought that with all the questions about paypal and eBay being posted here...someone might know an answer.

The question:

If someone wants to pay me for my airline miles/points....what is the best way for him to transfer the money (via paypal) so that I am not scammed.

For example. Say if someone sends me $500, and I transfer my points... that person can do a chargeback on their credit card. And then since paypal doesn't offer protection for digital products, I'd lose the money and the points.

So...How Can I have him transfer the money so that there is NO way for him to take that money back after I've sent him the points.

I'd appreciate the help.

The best place to ask would be the eBay forums...

Well technically it's not something that's related to eBay, which is why I didn't think of going there... It's more of a paypal question.

But since this is the wrong place, I'll try elsewhere. Thank you anyway.

Great info! I have always loved PayPal and have not really had any challenges with people paying me for sales and services. Although, I do know that it happens on occasion to others.

It is great to know how to handle a chargeback if it were to happen in the future!

j129 said:   Well technically it's not something that's related to eBay, which is why I didn't think of going there... It's more of a paypal question.

But since this is the wrong place, I'll try elsewhere. Thank you anyway.

Selling something like that, similar to gift cards, there is a lot of fraud.
Both buyers and sellers...
Buyers claim nothing was on the card, and in those cases there is no buyer protection.
And none for the seller.

How do you protect yourself from chargeback when you are doing local pickup for bulky items like furniture?

LongDongSilver said:   How do you protect yourself from chargeback when you are doing local pickup for bulky items like furniture?

Cash only for local pick up. Nothing you can do to protect yourself with paypal.

ellone said:   LongDongSilver said:   How do you protect yourself from chargeback when you are doing local pickup for bulky items like furniture?

Cash only for local pick up. Nothing you can do to protect yourself with paypal.

I don't think eBay allows cash. You have to select and use PayPal no matter what.

LongDongSilver said:   ellone said:   LongDongSilver said:   How do you protect yourself from chargeback when you are doing local pickup for bulky items like furniture?

I don't think eBay allows cash. You have to select and use PayPal no matter what.

You can add cash as an option if you're doing local pick up. Expand "Decide how you'd like to be paid" and then "Add or remove options for accepted payment methods."

Last option is Receive payment upon pick up.

You will still have to have paypal checked off, but state in the auction that it's cash for local pick up.

I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

LongDongSilver said:   I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

Does he see the payment, could it have been an eCheck?
Also, some clueless sellers wait until the money in his bank, he could have PP set up to do that daily.....
And it takes a few days.....

LongDongSilver said:   I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

Some new sellers also come under the 21 day hold to get the money.
PP tells them to ship now.....
These sellers, at least some of them are stubborn...
They wait until the 21 days are up to ship.
Also, look at the eBay Paypal forums.

yesidonoitall said:   LongDongSilver said:   I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

He says PP said it's good to ship but he won't until the money hits his bank account. Is there anyway I can get him to cut this BS?

LongDongSilver said:   yesidonoitall said:   LongDongSilver said:   I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

He says PP said it's good to ship but he won't until the money hits his bank account. Is there anyway I can get him to cut this BS?

Myself, I would neg him after receiving the item for refusing to ship in a timely manner...
Also, somewhere in the item there will be the handling time he says is needed for shipment.
Even if he ships in the time stated, he is saying no shipment till he gets his money.
He still deserves a neg...

LongDongSilver said:   yesidonoitall said:   LongDongSilver said:   I made a PP CC payment to a noob seller. My account shows the payment was completed but he claims the payment hasn't been cleared yet on his end and won't ship until it clears. How do I check if he's BSing me?

If you bought on eBay, I am pretty sure eBay requires them to ship within 7 days of received payment.

RE:
He says PP said it's good to ship

Actually PP says that even with the holds.
Because it is considered a cleared payment by them.
Seller still may be waiting for the hold to end or it to hit his his actual checking account once he tells them to send it there.

tlaxson said:   You may want to contact PayPal directly by phone on this one for clarification on why the reversal was granted, if that is not clear from the information you have already been supplied by PayPal, if you responded within the requested time frame and followed the SPP to the letter.

I will get into further detail later , but yes call PP and talk to someone. I did and all worked out.. Been off eBay for years since I was scammed years ago through PP bullshit policies. They seem to have gotten better. I will post my cases later..

Yes, it applies to sales made both on eBay and off eBay. However, note the special rules about confirmed addresses still exist for non-eBay sales. Also, the SPP does not apply to Direct Payment or Virtual Terminal sales (f you don't know what these are you don't use them).

Anybody have any more info on HOW ( OR IF THEY EVER) fight Virtual Terminal chargebacks ? I was taking to the cleaners using their merchant processor. I had tracking /signatures and still lost various CB.

I bought an item from eBay using paypal. The item was broken. My money was returned.I was then offered another item outside of eBay.I again paid with paypal.If this comes broken do I have protection from paypal?

Item received!Not broken! Thanx george2001!

jovoal said:   I bought an item from eBay using paypal. The item was broken. My money was returned.I was then offered another item outside of eBay.I again paid with paypal.If this comes broken do I have protection from paypal?

Maybe. Is this from the sellers non-eBay website?

URGENT. FRESH SCAM. NEED ADVICE
Just bought the iPhone with Buy it Now. Paid with PayPal. Seller posted the status "shipped" minutes after payment at almost midnight. He answered couple of emails with different exuses. 4 days later diddn't receive anythingh. Looked online. Seller added tracking number, which online states-delivered. Went to post office, they confirmed-it is delivered to the different address he has sent-within 1 mile from my house (dont't think it is someone he knows-just an address). Postal worker gave me the FULL address where it was addressed to in real. She has it in their online search for detailed tracking audit.
Now, how do I fight this? If I file a INR, then he will produce tracking number and prove from post it was delivered to my area with similar postcode. Then he will force me to file item lost, he will claim insurance money from Royal Mail.
If I file SNAD, then I have to pretend, he send me some other 5$ phone...and request a refund.
Today is 14th. Item was delivered on 10th. Bought on 6th. I read, that in some cases it is SNAD better, than INR, because he has a signature proof. Although not my signature and nt from my address. There is no online evidence, that item was delivered not to me, and not to my address. Only Post Office has this information. If they print it out for me, will that be a strong evidence for PayPal? And what for is it better INR or SNAD?

sergejmas said:   URGENT. FRESH SCAM. NEED ADVICE
Just bought the iPhone with Buy it Now. Paid with PayPal. Seller posted the status "shipped" minutes after payment at almost midnight. He answered couple of emails with different exuses. 4 days later diddn't receive anythingh. Looked online. Seller added tracking number, which online states-delivered. Went to post office, they confirmed-it is delivered to the different address he has sent-within 1 mile from my house (dont't think it is someone he knows-just an address). Postal worker gave me the FULL address where it was addressed to in real. She has it in their online search for detailed tracking audit.
Now, how do I fight this? If I file a INR, then he will produce tracking number and prove from post it was delivered to my area with similar postcode. Then he will force me to file item lost, he will claim insurance money from Royal Mail.
If I file SNAD, then I have to pretend, he send me some other 5$ phone...and request a refund.
Today is 14th. Item was delivered on 10th. Bought on 6th. I read, that in some cases it is SNAD better, than INR, because he has a signature proof. Although not my signature and nt from my address. There is no online evidence, that item was delivered not to me, and not to my address. Only Post Office has this information. If they print it out for me, will that be a strong evidence for PayPal? And what for is it better INR or SNAD?

Is the delivered to addy a different zip code from what the Paypal payment showed?
If so, do a non receipt complaint.....
If funded with a credit card, get help from them if you loose the eBay case.

sergejmas said:   URGENT. FRESH SCAM. NEED ADVICE

Also ask on the eBay Paypal forum.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014