eBay - Third-party authorizations?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I logged into My eBay, and then clicked on "Preferences" on then left side. Under "General Preferences", there is a category called "Third-party authorizations". For me it says:

[Q]You have authorized the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.

eBay.com - Blackthorne (created Oct-05-05)
Anyone know what the heck this means???

[edit] Probably a false alarm, looks like Blackthorne is just some eBay thing.

Auction Software FAQ: eBay Passwords and Third-Party Services

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

[Q]Hello,

Thank you for writing to Sellers Assistant

Blackthorne Support.

The following information should help. Blackthorne is an eBay-listing tool; also known as Seller's Assistant, if you are not subscribed to Blackthorne, which you are not, then there is no access from the tool to eBay. For Blackthorne to access the eBay site you would need to be subscribed to the software, and have the software installed on your PC.

Blackthorne appearing under "Third Party Authorization" is a glitch on the eBay site and has been reported, be assured there are no fees appearing on your account from Blackthorne nor is Blackthorne accessing your information. The program name is simply appearing in the "Third Party Authorization" list. The only way Blackthorne can access eBay, is if you subscribe to the software and install the software on your PC.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Regards,

Leslie
Technical Support
Blackthorne Software

link

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014