SPP - Paypal confirmed address

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
According to a paypal rep (I spoke on the phone with):
If you ship your order with UPS and provide the tracking number for the customer and he calls UPS and does an address correction (normally UPS will honor it) and the package gets delivered to a other address then the confirmed you will not be covered under the SPP

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I thought only the shipper is allowed to change address w/UPS. If this was true, I'm sure scammers would have tried it already.

I usually order stuff to my home address and if it is delivered with UPS after a UPS driver leaves a info notice I go online and re-direct that package to my office address. It always works and no questions asked.

with fedex, if you require a signature, only the shipper can redirect. anything worth insuring will warrant a signature so its quite safe with fedex at least.

kaizer said: [Q]with fedex, if you require a signature, only the shipper can redirect. anything worth insuring will warrant a signature so its quite safe with fedex at least.Interesting. I have had several customers reroute fedex packages on me, both ground and express. Only way I knew was when I revieed the bill and saw the $10 (or whatever) reroute charge. Nice thing about fedex is that they refunded each charge I contested without any problem. I just wish they (and others) were tighter with their reroutes. I suspect scamming will force them to over time.

I had no clue a buyer could reroute a package. I always thought it was the seller who could... that's good to know. I'll have to keep an extra lookout when I do use UPS, FEDEX, etc...

with UPS you can reroute the package from a delivery address in Las Angeles to New York
with just the tracking number
The only requirement is that the package has to be out for delivery to change an address you can not change the address if the package is in transit

(and if they ask you are you the shipper? you say just say yes,
and are you at that and that location and you say yes and that's good for them)

pimpc said: [Q]I had no clue a buyer could reroute a package. I always thought it was the seller who could... that's good to know. I'll have to keep an extra lookout when I do use UPS, FEDEX, etc...
That is a good reason not to ship with UPS, besides that they are union, I prefer FedEx and recently started to use DHL too. From my personal experience, it is impossible to re-rout FedEx package for both seller and buyer, even if you ask supervisor. They may re-rout your package randomly at their own will though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014