• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Quick Summary:

Sold item on eBay to 2 feedback buyer. Auction states paypal with confirmed address only and shipment to confirmed address only.

Buyer pays with paypal with confirmed address. But adds note to payment asking to ship to "new" address (unconfirmed). I write to them, explain I cannot do this unless they confirm new address with Paypal. If not possible, I offer full refund.

Buyer writes back, apologizes, says go ahead to ship to old confirmed address, they will pick it up there. So I ship via USPS Priority to confirmed address.

Today I check Delivery Confirmation on USPS website:

I get this message:

Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 1:30 pm on September 13, 2006 in SAINT LOUIS, MO xxxxx. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.

If I click on the 'additional details' tab, I get this info:

Detailed Results:

Undeliverable as Addressed, September 13, 2006, 1:30 pm, SAINT LOUIS, MO xxxxx
Delivered, September 13, 2006, 9:03 am, SAINT LOUIS, MO xxxxx
Arrival at Unit, September 13, 2006, 6:53 am, SAINT LOUIS, MO xxxxx
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, September 11, 2006

I'm confused with the item being 'delivered' at 9:03 am.
But then becomes Undeliverable at 1:30 pm?

Did the buyer refuse the package? The confirmed address went through perfectly on the USPS website when I purchased and printed the Priority Mail label.

Any advice on how to handle this? I'm assuming the package is being returned to me.

Thanks much in advance,

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No one here will know for sure, but my guess is that he moved recently and did not update his address w/ PP. He assumed he could just pick it up from the new tenants. The package was delivered to his old address, the new tenants noted it did not belong to them and returned it to the P.O. Why it's not being forwarded . . . who knows.

(Note this is all conjecture. Contact your buyer for the real scoop.)

Thanks comprx.

He wrote back. Turns out his place had a fire. I guess PO won't deliver to burned structures. Apparently the package is headed back to me.

One last question:

He says he still wants the phone and has confirmed his new address with Paypal. Is willing to pay for shipping again.

So my plan is to: Wait for package to get to me. Then refund his payment. Send him new invoice through eBay with added ship fee. Have him pay through eBay link by Paypal. Check that his new address is indeed confirmed. Then ship out.

The only part I've never done (and am unsure of) is that we (both seller and buyer) can refund and repay through an eBay auction that technically was already paid for and shipped out.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hope that I can add this experience to the FAQ as well.

He can definately pay you again for the same auction. I've had newbies pay 2x when they get confused, i.e. checkout right away, but then they see their auto-email from eBay.. and they pay again.

Thanks giz.

edit for conclusion.

apparently seller convinced PO to reroute Priority Mail (never knew that could happen). DC now shows it being delivered to his new address.

So I guess for those who don't know: Apparently there is a way to reroute Priority Mail to a new address.

I'm not sure where that puts me with Paypal in regards to seller protection. The Priority Label was directed to his 'old' confirmed address. But DC shows it being delivered to his 'new' confirmed address (although this address is not the confirmed one when he won the auction).

So technically I did ship to his confirmed address. The only thing is the PO delivered it elsewhere.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014