Sender of paypal payment UNVERIFIED. Any risk?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just sold a new laptop (~$800) with bin immediately payment required. the buyer is 0 fb but the id is 3 yr old (with +1 and -1 so net is 0). I am just wondering why his paypal is not verified for such an old account.

In the payment details it does say spp eligible and shipping address is confirmed. If I follow all ppal guidelines (ship to confirmed add with fedex with signature required, etc. do I need to worry about the UNVERIFIED? Does it mean the cc is possible stolen or something?

Thanks

========================================================================================================

Seller Protection Policy: Eligible

Attn. Sellers:
You must ship to the address shown below to be protected under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Address:
xxx yyyy
zzz www Avenue Apt#1
uuuvvv, NY ?????
United States
Confirmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment From:
xxx yyy (The sender of this payment is Unverified)
Buyer's ID: xxx
Buyer's Email: xxx@gmail.com
Payment Sent to: yyy@gmail.com

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Unverified simply means the buyer does not have a bank account attached to his account. He would have to pay with either existing funds or a CC, and for that amount I'd bet it's a CC. As long as you follow the SPP rules, you should be fine.

Nobody bothers to read FAQ anymore? I think people selling lappys should know the difference between Verified and Confirmed, for their own sake

Thank you guys for refreshing me on this. I rarely see a paypal account is unverified, though.

I have an unverified paypal account that I've held for about four or five years. I just don't like the idea of linking the account directly to my bank account. If I ever HAVE to do it for whatever reason I'd probably open up a new account and put very minimal funds in there. I don't want to do that much work right now. Using a credit card or existing funds is much easier. HTH.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.