Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Commercial Invoice
U.S. Certificate of Origin
NAFTA Certificate of Origin
U.S. Shippers Export Declaration (SED)

Sold a laptop on fleabay, sending to Canada for first time via UPS Standard. What forms do i need from the list above? No tax ID, just a private seller. Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I had to do this for a Tivoli I sold. Call them and see what they really need. You only need the NAFTA CO if the laptop was made in NAFTA countries, which your laptop probably was not. Likely it was not made in USA either. The invoice would just be the paypal invoice, which I was able to email them. I don't know about the Export Declaration.

Hope that your buyer is aware of the hefty UPS brokerage fees (in addition to the duty/taxes/etc.).

Here's the UPS cost table from tlax's sticky:

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

So you are saying that it could be upwards of $50 plus with broker fees, tax etc..?

sorry, i thought you had already sent it...yes - you definitely need to inform your buyer they will be subject to higher fees and clear that with them first. Other than that, I usually ship my Canada items at Staples or OD and just slip in the printout - seems to work fine 99% of the time.

ilyap30 said: sorry, i thought you had already sent it...yes - you definitely need to inform your buyer they will be subject to higher fees and clear that with them first. Other than that, I usually ship my Canada items at Staples or OD and just slip in the printout - seems to work fine 99% of the time.

by printout, you mean the eBay invoice and that's it? I already printed out a shipping label with Paypal

Do yourself and your buyer a favor -- send it through the mail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014