PayPal - The sender of this payment is Unregistered???

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
What does this mean? The sender of this payment is Unregistered? This is what it says under details of payment. That does not sound good. It's a $70 transaction.

It's a user when 0 feedback. I could have sworn back when I set up my seller account that I did something that said only persons with 3 feedbacks could bid on my auction. Maybe the difference is it was a buy it now.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Unregistered only means they didn't register for PP account. Kinda like when you shop online and make a purchase from e-store without creating an account, "guest checkout" of sorts. Nothing to worry about as long as you follow SPP requirements

Cool. Thanks. That's a relief.

Just make sure that you are sending to a CONFIRMED address.

CrazyRus said: Unregistered only means they didn't register for PP account. Kinda like when you shop online and make a purchase from e-store without creating an account, "guest checkout" of sorts. Nothing to worry about as long as you follow SPP requirements

So, if a Seller is unregistered, that means the same thing? I bought a Blu-ray disc through eBay and that was the first time I saw "Unclaimed" status in my PayPal account. When I clicked "Details", I saw that the seller was Unregistered. I emailed the Seller and he said he just need to claim his payment and he would ship the item; the PP payment now shows "Completed". The Seller has been on eBay since 2001 and has a 100% Poz Feedback score of 30, so I thought everything was OK. But seeing this thread has me worried.

An unregistered seller means one of three things:

a) you or the seller made a typo on the email address to which the payment should be sent
b) the seller has recently changed email addresses and the one showing on the listing does not match an active PP account
c) the seller has never registered with PP at all and needs to do so to accept your payment

As your seller mentioned, he had to claim the payment and that has been done. Assuming he's legit, as most sellers are, you'll be getting your item soon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014