• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I had a pickup scheduled from USPS today however he did not come. It's packaged with the label (with paid postage) on it ready to go. If I schedule a pickup for tomorrow can I leave the same label on there with the WRONG date? Or do I have to print another label with the correct date? Thanks.

I've requested Carrier Pickup about five times and all were successful except this one.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Try again or drop it off at the post office. Mistakes happen, carriers are also human. Your current shipping label is ok as long as you are within a 2-day window after printing it.

Yeah my carrier to pretty cool. Either it was his day off or he just was busy and forgot. I hope he's not fed up with me.

The two-day window answer was just what I needed!! Thanks so much bozo007.

If your carrier doesn't pick-up your package, just call the post office. They'll send someone special out to pick it up.

Just change the date on the label.

sechs said: If your carrier doesn't pick-up your package, just call the post office. They'll send someone special out to pick it up.

Ha!

My carrier won't even deliver parcels, let alone pick them up. They leave little orange notices in my mailbox telling me to go pick up my parcels at the Post Office. Can I call the PO and they'll send someone out special with my parcels?

Didn't think so...

ganda said: My carrier won't even deliver parcels, let alone pick them up. They leave little orange notices in my mailbox telling me to go pick up my parcels at the Post Office. Can I call the PO and they'll send someone out special with my parcels?

Didn't think so...

Try talking to your route foreman. He can set your carrier straight as to procedures.

And, if your route foreman can't fix it, your local postmaster will be interested in the situation....

Does the carrier come out exclusively for pickups? Or do they pick up packages when they deliver your mail?

I requested a pickup for the first time today, and they did not pick up the packages when they delivered the mail.

nodnarb4u said: Does the carrier come out exclusively for pickups? Or do they pick up packages when they deliver your mail?

I requested a pickup for the first time today, and they did not pick up the packages when they delivered the mail.

I've seen both.

I would like to know if any of your USPS pickup man scans the barcode (atleast for express mails)?

If I create a scan sheet, that'll get scanned. As for non-electronic labels, I've had them scanned, but never show when checking online; however, once I called and talked to an agent who saw an item was scanned by the carrier.

Personally, I'd take an express item directly to the post office to make sure it gets on the truck that night.

bozo007 said: Try again or drop it off at the post office. Mistakes happen, carriers are also human. Your current shipping label is ok as long as you are within a 2-day window after printing it.USPS missed a pickup on Saturday, and with a Monday holiday won't be picked up again until Tuesday, 4 days after it was printed. Plus its past the 48-hour Paypal refund window.

Am I out of luck, or will USPS accept the current label late since it was their error?

*EDIT* Its now Tuesday, and the USPS came by early this morning to pick up the package they missed on Saturday. Didn't even glance at the label. It was the first time they had ever missed a pickup. I hadn't requested a new pickup, since I was going to use the APC.

The date on the label is almost completely irrelevant. I had shipped some packages last year on a Friday but the carrier didn't come and pick up until the following Wednesday. Everything was delivered fine after that and nobody questioned the labels at all. As long as you pay the right postage, that's all that matters.

I've had packages returned to me when I mailed them (ONE DAY) after the printed date. Each had a hand written message saying the postage was "too old" I pulled off the notes, took them to my regular post office, and dumped them in the APM (or whatever the automatic postal machine thing is called) They then made it no problem, (this was now 3 or 4 days after the label date due to the time it took them to be returned to me......) Gotta love the USPS and how they just make up rules as they feel.

anxman69 said: The date on the label is almost completely irrelevant. I had shipped some packages last year on a Friday but the carrier didn't come and pick up until the following Wednesday. Everything was delivered fine after that and nobody questioned the labels at all. As long as you pay the right postage, that's all that matters.

We never had any problem shipping the packages out with 1 day old labels. Our carrier used to miss a pick up or 2 once in a while, especially when our regular mail delivery person was on vacation. But last year they have a new procedure that they have to check off each of the pick up address on their list which they got every morning. They have not missed a pick up ever since.

anxman69 said: The date on the label is almost completely irrelevant. I had shipped some packages last year on a Friday but the carrier didn't come and pick up until the following Wednesday. Everything was delivered fine after that and nobody questioned the labels at all. As long as you pay the right postage, that's all that matters.

Me too. So, YMMV.

Depends on the mood of whoever accepts your package. Technically, they're not required to accept the package if the shipping label has the wrong date.

The PO can apply a PVI (the postage meter label) for $0.00 to "redate" the package if the PC Postage was set for a date other than the ship date. This is also how a PO not designated on the label can reset which PO gets credit for the shipment.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014