Sell on eBay, dropship from amazon

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
any way to report this person to Amazon?

Text

making good use of prime, even advertising 2 day air in the listings

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
+1

colebert (Dec. 19, 2007 @ 1:03p) |

Just wondering, is this Buy's Internet Superstore actually Buy.com's eBay store? Or just some guy using Buy.com as a d... (more)

Quorus (Dec. 20, 2007 @ 1:41a) |

I would sure hope that is Buy.com eBay store, or else whoever is using their graphics and logo, as well as misrepresenti... (more)

fishie74 (Dec. 20, 2007 @ 1:41p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Might be violating the Amazon Prime rules, but who cares???

What's wrong with it? seems pretty smart to me, unless it's violating prime rules.

Do you flag wii's on CL too?

NeuroSynapsis said: What's wrong with it? seems pretty smart to me, unless it's violating prime rules.

that's exactly what it's doing. activity like this will end the Amazon prime program.

Did you praise returning big screen TV's to costco when the next one went on sale too?

Just report it, Amazon will take care of it.

daveymark said: NeuroSynapsis said: What's wrong with it? seems pretty smart to me, unless it's violating prime rules.

that's exactly what it's doing. activity like this will end the Amazon prime program.

Did you praise returning big screen TV's to costco when the next one went on sale too?

I wasn't aware it was violating prime rules. I figured the gripe was about drop shipping from Amazon.

If it DOES violate prime rules then sure, report it

How do you know that's what they're doing?

daveymark said: NeuroSynapsis said: What's wrong with it? seems pretty smart to me, unless it's violating prime rules.

How does it violate the policy?!?!?

Bmr4life said: How does it violate the policy?!?!?

Uh oh, looks like you stumbled on Bmr4life's eBay account

I repeat. How do you know that's what they are doing and how is it against the policy.

If the seller in question is using Prime to ship free to his customers, then Prime is being used in violation of Amazon's policies regarding it. Specifically, the Prime terms state "This program is not available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale." read the Prime Ts and Cs here.

Why would Amazon care? They can either ship to the seller, who then reships to the buyer, or they can just ship directly to the buyer. The second way produces less pollution.

But who knows. . . if it is against Amazon policy, then it shouldn't be done. I wouldn't take it upon myself to be hall monitor here, though.

Edit: Ah . . . so it's against policy no matter where they ship it. Good to know that--I was considering getting prime next year, mostly for eBay stuff.

Alright, I see why its against policy. But how did you figure out that they're doing that. I see everything they sell on eBay is the same price as Amazon and they are only making profit by charging $15-20 for shipping. In the end they only make $10 per sale, but they make a shit load of sales.

I've only reported it when they happin to be selling a product I am also selling(compete but don't cheat). I will report this guy too. I like having Prime and I do not want to see the program go away or see the membership fee increase.

This is the same as stealing in my book.

what a bunch of rudy-poos in this forum.

"OMG... SOMEONE IS MAKING MONEY ON eBay... HOW DO I REPORT?!"

Why don't you spend more time growing your own operation instead of tearing someone else down? There are enough fools on eBay for everyone.

colebert said: what a bunch of rudy-poos in this forum.

Why don't you spend more time growing your own operation instead of tearing someone else down? There are enough fools on eBay for everyone.

Agreed. I wish I had thought of that seller's idea. Like I said in my previous post, they are making $10-$15 per auction by doing nothing but typing on their computer. That's a very smart idea.

Bmr4life said: colebert said: what a bunch of rudy-poos in this forum.

Agreed. I wish I had thought of that seller's idea. Like I said in my previous post, they are making $10-$15 per auction by doing nothing but typing on their computer. That's a very smart idea.

No... it's not so smart when the customer orders something from him, he goes to order it from Amazon, and --OOPS!-- it's OOS. Probably won't happen more than 5% of the time, but have fun explaining to a buyer why he listed something he "didn't have." In my experience, they aren't very sympathetic to this excuse.

What happens if the item arrives damaged? Big PITA to get that fixed.

Ultimately, this kind of thing isn't the greatest way to make money in volume because there's a greater chance for headaches, screwups, and pissed off buyers.

no one cares about him making 10-15 an auction, abusing the programs like this could end the prime program all together.

I, for one, reported him, and everyone should also

I agree with ranova, I dont care about people making money on eBay. If they are using Amazon to dropship, then this is clearly abusing Amazon's policy. Amazon prime is great, and this will only hurt it.

After 3-6 months, depending on his/her volume, Amazon will terminate the Prime membership for the account. That happened to me and now I'm more selective advertising 2-day ship. There are a lot of Amazon prime resellers on eBay, I have identified quite a few.

mephisto said: After 3-6 months, depending on his/her volume, Amazon will terminate the Prime membership for the account. That happened to me and now I'm more selective advertising 2-day ship. There are a lot of Amazon prime resellers on eBay, I have identified quite a few.

exactly. thank you. the program will not end because of resellers. this isn't 1st grade or the marines where if one person screws up they make everyone suffer.

this is one grade above the "greedy ebayers killed the deal" whining that goes on over in Hot Deals.

How about the people who do this(you included, I assume) spend some time growing your operation and find a legit way to source/ship your products instead of tearing someone else down?

I will always report a competitor who breaks the rules to gain an unfair advantage against me. It doesn't matter to me if it is $0.99 w/$40.00 shipping or exploiting Amazon Prime. This is business, it's not huggy time with the Care Bears.

How can Amazon not catch an account sending 100's to 1000's of items to different addresses with Prime? I would think even the volume of this guy would set off something in their system.

This guy reminds me of the UPS shipping label fiasco on E-bay a few years back....

ratattack said: huggy time with the Care Bears.

Green for getting Huggy Time with the Care Bears...LOL

daveymark said: any way to report this person to Amazon?

Text

making good use of prime, even advertising 2 day air in the listings

Hey thanks for the tip.
I am on to this deal...

Eh. A ton of people drop ship from retailers. Staples stuff too. Nothing new here...

Why does it matter really? The seller is beating you at making more money with less work?

Same reason why other sellers flag auctions ie. stealing pictures or something to get their listings down.

Jealousy only slows you down..

colebert said: Bmr4life said: colebert said: what a bunch of rudy-poos in this forum.

No... it's not so smart when the customer orders something from him, he goes to order it from Amazon, and --OOPS!-- it's OOS. Probably won't happen more than 5% of the time, but have fun explaining to a buyer why he listed something he "didn't have." In my experience, they aren't very sympathetic to this excuse.

What happens if the item arrives damaged? Big PITA to get that fixed.

Ultimately, this kind of thing isn't the greatest way to make money in volume because there's a greater chance for headaches, screwups, and pissed off buyers.

By the looks of their feedback, I'd say they're doing quite well. I even see someone who neutral because the item was OOS.

mephisto said: After 3-6 months, depending on his/her volume, Amazon will terminate the Prime membership for the account. That happened to me and now I'm more selective advertising 2-day ship. There are a lot of Amazon prime resellers on eBay, I have identified quite a few.

You should check their feedback. From the looks of the feedback, they've been doing this for way over year.

Bmr4life said: mephisto said: After 3-6 months, depending on his/her volume, Amazon will terminate the Prime membership for the account. That happened to me and now I'm more selective advertising 2-day ship. There are a lot of Amazon prime resellers on eBay, I have identified quite a few.

You should check their feedback. From the looks of the feedback, they've been doing this for way over year.

multiple accounts FTW?

edit: I thought about it... how could you exactly report the seller to Amazon. There isn't overwhelming proof. Unless Amazon decides to purchase from them.

But that won't stop the sellers from creating more accounts. After all their "addresses" are from buyers.

This guy is even getting positives for selling OOS items...

eBay said: Seller did not have item but was refunded promptly ~

irgins said: Jealousy only slows you down..

+1

Just wondering, is this Buy's Internet Superstore actually Buy.com's eBay store? Or just some guy using Buy.com as a dropshipper?

Quorus said: Just wondering, is this Buy's Internet Superstore actually Buy.com's eBay store? Or just some guy using Buy.com as a dropshipper?

I would sure hope that is Buy.com eBay store, or else whoever is using their graphics and logo, as well as misrepresenting themselves is in for some big trouble!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014