Buyer refuse package / options?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just got a return package from UPS. Buyer refused package. What do I do from here?

1. Contact him to see if he wants the item. Ask for extra shipping fee. Still qualify for SPP if he pays additional shipping fee through paypal?

2. If buyer refuses, should I refund him the total minus shipping and restocking fee?

3. Any other options?

Thanks for the help!

Bon

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

bonmonwon said: I just got a return package from UPS. Buyer refused package. What do I do from here?

1. Contact him to see if he wants the item. Ask for extra shipping fee. Still qualify for SPP if he pays additional shipping fee through paypal?

2. If buyer refuses, should I refund him the total minus shipping and restocking fee?

3. Any other options?

Thanks for the help!

Bon

You can try contacting the buyer to make sure it wasn't a UPS screwup. You can also try negotiating a partial refund if he really did change his mind. However in the end the buyer will automatically win an INR dispute due to lack of delivery proof and Paypal will refund them and debit you. There is no SPP if the item was not delivered. The buyer is holding all the trump cards even in the case of buyer's remorse.

Sometimes it's better to just refund the buyer and move on. Any other course of action can be a waist of time and emotional energy.

buyer wont necessarily win INR because if it shows in the UPS tracking info that the package was refused, it's the buyer's fault. seller did his job. what else can he do?

If they refused the package and you still have the money, I'd let them contact me and explain why they did that and how they hope to recover their money or item.

If buyer decides he wants the item and agrees to additional shipping fee, how do I receive the funds? Is there a special process through paypal or do I just send him another invoice for the shipping fee?

andywanker said: buyer wont necessarily win INR because if it shows in the UPS tracking info that the package was refused, it's the buyer's fault. seller did his job. what else can he do?

To my knowledge the ONLY thing that counts to Paypal is "proof of DELIVERY". Anything less is an automatic INR win for the buyer.

henny said: To my knowledge the ONLY thing that counts to Paypal is "proof of DELIVERY". Anything less is an automatic INR win for the buyer.

Actually, that's not true. PayPal's help pages used to have something about refused delivery, I'm too lazy to search now to see if it's still there. However, from personal experience, PayPal sided with me when I refunded my buyer who refused the shipment. I refunded the amount sans S/H. The buyer filed a claim for the full amount, and was refused. My FedEx tracking clearly showed "delivery refused by recipient".

Somehow responded in wrong thread.. oops.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014