How long before USPS returns unclaimed package ?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Short version: Seller agreed to 100% refund. I sent package, now it has been sitting at destination post office unclaimed, seller not responding.

How long before USPS returns the package ? (I'm leaving for a trip soon).

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you know which post office City/Zip it's at call them. They can get the package on the way back to you.

I think a couple of weeks, but I'm sure it can vary.

Did you just return the package from communicating with seller? If you can get a paypal dispute going (file + escalate) that will be motivational in getting the seller to pick up the package and refund your payment.

If you are just worried about it coming back to you while you're away, just hold mail while you're on vacation.

Yo Ma-Ma said: I think a couple of weeks, but I'm sure it can vary.

Did you just return the package from communicating with seller? If you can get a paypal dispute going (file + escalate) that will be motivational in getting the seller to pick up the package and refund your payment.

If you are just worried about it coming back to you while you're away, just hold mail while you're on vacation.

Yes, the package was returned with authorisation from seller (in email). I have also filed a paypal dispute.

How come it is sitting at the destination unclaimed instead of them just delivering it? Did you require a signature confirmation?

No, but is that unusual ? Sometimes USPS does the same thing when I get packages, if someone is not present, they wont just leave the package outside.
In this case, it was a big box, and the address was a PO Box.

You could write the seller and make sure they know the package is there.

Yo Ma-Ma said: You could write the seller and make sure they know the package is there.

I had writted to the seller and recieved no response for 10 days. The yesterday I escalated it to a paypal dispute and today I got response from seller saying that she had gotten into a car accident and hence the delay.

Sure she had.

Well in that case it is a good thing your escalating the paypal claim is helping in her recovery. Do not remove the claim until you have your refund.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014