USPS Priority Mail Tracking Problem?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Dropped a Priority Mail package at the USPS on Tuesday, March 23rd. Tracking showed it hit the regional sort center and moved out later that day. Tracking does not show progress since the 23rd, nothing for three business days.

Are your Priority Mail packages tracking through the USPS sytem satisfactorily?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Delivery confirmation =/ tracking

tlaxson said: Delivery confirmation =/ tracking

Package has Signature Confirmation along with Tracking. All my prior packages hit the distant regional sort center within two days.

Signature confirmation /= tracking.

The only way you have tracking is if you used express mail or shipping internationally, and neither of those seem to be true.

tlaxson said: Signature confirmation /= tracking.

The only way you have tracking is if you used express mail or shipping internationally, and neither of those seem to be true.

USPS Priority Mail has the option of Tracking, Delivery Confirmation, and, also, Signature Confirmation.

I hope to get a response from others with packages currently in the hands of the USPS.

Stolat said:

Are your Priority Mail packages tracking through the USPS sytem satisfactorily?

They have never done so, only on odd occasions... It is really delivery confirmation - that's it..

I have seen USPS use bad tracking codes in their system, but as your are showing - that's not the issue.

I've seen the system update 2-3 days AFTER delivery.

Stolat said: tlaxson said: Signature confirmation /= tracking.

USPS Priority Mail has the option of Tracking, Delivery Confirmation, and, also, Signature Confirmation.

I hope to get a response from others with packages currently in the hands of the USPS.

Insurance doesn't give it tracking either, all it does it allow you to reclaim loss or danages upto the amount. I am pretty sure the site even states it gives it DC. I belive besides Express, Registered mail is trackable since its accounted for on each stop.

Stolat said: tlaxson said: Signature confirmation /= tracking.

What do you mean by "the option of Tracking?" AFAIK you can get delivery confirmation or signature confirmation on priority mail. Neither guarantees any data in the system until delivered. Usually you'll get some updates along the way but that's not guaranteed. IME sometimes I'll see many updates along the way, sometimes nothing until delivered, and rarely no updates whatsoever even though the package arrives OK.

comprx said: Stolat said: tlaxson said: Signature confirmation /= tracking.

What do you mean by "the option of Tracking?" AFAIK you can get delivery confirmation or signature confirmation on priority mail. Neither guarantees any data in the system until delivered. Usually you'll get some updates along the way but that's not guaranteed. IME sometimes I'll see many updates along the way, sometimes nothing until delivered, and rarely no updates whatsoever even though the package arrives OK.

My error: we can add on tracking with delivery confirmation or signature confirmation.

I have only a few months experience shipping Priority Mail, about a dozen shipments, and each produced excellent data showing the local and distant sort centers along with the delivery info. However, last week the flow of data halted completely so I brought the issue to this forum.

Thanks, Comprx, your message helps much in understanding the system.

It is not tracking. For domestic mail not sent Registered Mail, tracking is not available. You can obtain either Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation (which is DC plus a sig), but tracking a la UPS/FedEx is not available. DC is simply confirmation of delivery. You may get scans along the way, or you may not. The USPS is not obligated to provide any more than confirmation of delivery when you attach DC to a package.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014