• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I am OP of staple free item promotion coupon thread, and it is amazing tha FW has put moderation on it and not even allow posting of the free coupons nowdays. I have posted some coupons yesterday and that was not updated for several hours and now I have not bothered to check. Same thing must have happened to other donor memebers too.

I am OP of staple free item promotion coupon thread, and it is amazing tha FW has put moderation on it and not even allow posting of the free coupons nowdays. I have posted some coupons yesterday and that was not updated for several hours and now I have not bothered to check. Same thing must have happened to other donor memebers too.
We certainly allow the posting of free coupons!
However, we don't allow postings of one-time-use coupons in the Hot Deals forum. Past practice has shown that this inevitably clutters the threads and leads to rampant coupon begging. That's why we have this forum. We do allow postings in Hot Deals of the reusable 5-digit (and similar) codes.

dtecuci said: So, what's wrong with trading coupons? instead of having just one person benefit from the process (the taker), there are two beneficiaries.
I checked and the For Sale/Trade forum doesn't seem to be active any more (last post January 05).

I know the rule that says: "ANY message that stands to benefit the poster is not allowed on FatWallet." here

But how come begging/asking for coupons is allowed? Doesn't that (potentially) benefit the poster?
And people use their senior status to make the beggin more convincing - doesn't that mean they are using ALL their prior postings to get something?

In my opinion begging profits the poster even more than trading.

I'm trying to ask a question and have a constructive discussion. Let me know what you guys think.

-----------------
Trading can and has caused problems.
That being said fw otuc forum seems not to be enforcing people from posting trades. "NO SELLING / BUYING / TRADING (Sharing only)..."

enter trade in Search Body For.

FatWallet.Com said: Online coupon codes only, please. (no paper coupons)

Where is the right place to offer paper coupons? I have a couple I just want to give away for some free Haagen-Dazs (worth about $4.25); I figured I'd just eat the 37 cents for the stamps and share the wealth a little.

As a new member and first-time responder, I coincur.

OD one time use $15 off $150 coupon (expires 3/25/06): 14156709 (online, phone and fax). in-Store: 1286260214895129.

I agree w/ restricting the code from public view; too many lurkers & snatchers.

I see some forums institute a policy where in order to see a download link, you have to click REPLY. Maybe FW can implement a similar policy, with software of course.

do you post in the original threadbeg for coupon thread or we can start a new post?

return222 said: do you post in the original threadbeg for coupon thread or we can start a new post?

You may start a new post for a coupon beg, if you see one that has been recently posted like today or yesterday, you may add a post to that for one.

what does beg stand for

it doesn't stand for anything.

beg = please give me a code if you've got one

I have to agree that PMing codes works better. Even if you require users to be signed in to see this Forum Topic, that still won't prevent them from using a code and not acknowledging the use. PMing codes keeps code users frustration level down because they won't have to wade through multiple already-used codes.

Excuse me, but what is PM?

csuarez1974 said: Excuse me, but what is PM?
Postmortem.

csuarez1974 said: Excuse me, but what is PM?

PM = Private Message

Since the grocery forum allows trades, is there any more consideration given to allowing trading of one-time use coupons. Or selling them?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014