• filter:
  • 17 8 9101180
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Is there a spot on the Squaretrade site that explains when their coverage starts? Specifically, if I buy an item with a one year warrantee, and buy a three year warrantee from ST, am I now covered for four years, or is the first year "double covered"?
Also, if my credit card adds an additional year, am I covered for 3, 4, or 5 years?
Thanks in advance.

rated:
george2001 said: Is there a spot on the Squaretrade site that explains when their coverage starts? Specifically, if I buy an item with a one year warrantee, and buy a three year warrantee from ST, am I now covered for four years, or is the first year "double covered"?
Also, if my credit card adds an additional year, am I covered for 3, 4, or 5 years?
Thanks in advance.
http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/learn-more-warranty-buyer then "coverage details"

rated:
To expand on the last question, here is a quote from a Squaretrade rep on Woot explaining why they start the warranties when they do:
AhmedSquareTrade said: Hi Mike: This is SquareTrade again.

This "warranty length" issue is one we've debated a lot internally, and we came out starting it on Date of Purchase for 2 reasons:

1. On the internet, many items are gray-market or not sold by authorized resellers. Manufacturers often times do NOT honor their warranties in these cases (e.g., many GPS / camera manufacturers) or are unpredictable about honoring their warranties. In those cases, we actually cover you during the time that the manufacturer was supposed to.

Unless you're buying from Best Buy, Circuit City or a handful of big retailers on the internet, the gray-market / unauthorized dealer issue is more important than most people realize.

2. On new items, we offer Accidental Damage from Handling as an additional option. No manufacturer does. Clearly, if you purchase that, you get coverage during the time of the manufacturer period as well.

On refurbished items (where manufacturer warranties are short if any; and we don't offer accidental damage), our warranties lengths are additional to the manufacturer and commence after the manufacturer warranty ends.

Link to thread on Woot

rated:
11BDAY is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT October 4th, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT October 18th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield, Abt Electronics, Vann s Inc and Woot.com. Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases.

rated:
11BDAY is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT October 12th, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT October 18th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield, Abt Electronics, Vann s Inc and Woot.com. Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases.

rated:

AUTUMN (37.76kB)
Disclaimer
AUTUMN is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT October 19th. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT November 1st.

rated:
IPAD35 is valid for 35% off iPads only, no maximum dollar amount, until 23:59 PT October 22th, 2010.

rated:
Autumn again for Oct 26th, 30%.

rated:
ORANGE is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 11:59pm PT November 2nd, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT November 8th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield, Abt Electronics, Vann s Inc and Woot.com. Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases

rated:
I'm glad I stopped by here first! Thanks jatan1986.

Anyone from Wisconsin use a different address for coverage?

rated:
30 percent off code, today only (after today, 20 percent off until 11/22), $30 max discount. Code is TURKEY.

rated:
Sneak Peek Thanksgiving Sale! 30% OFF today only, Nov 16 (after today 20% off through 11/22). Max $30 discount.
coupon code: TURKEY

rated:
If your purchase a desktop for $529 but then get an extra $100 for some sort of promotion (I did the Staples trade in deal). Is the item you bought $429 or $529 as far as squaretrade is concerned? How about shipping does shipping count towards the dollar value of the item when you ask for a quote?

rated:
Syzlak said: If your purchase a desktop for $529 but then get an extra $100 for some sort of promotion (I did the Staples trade in deal). Is the item you bought $429 or $529 as far as squaretrade is concerned? How about shipping does shipping count towards the dollar value of the item when you ask for a quote?
It is the price shown on the receipt/invoice next to the item before discounts. So if the $100 discount is listed separately, you can cover the full price.

rated:
SANTA is valid for 40% off, up to a maximum of $40 for the first 10,000 warranties. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011.

rated:
SANTA is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 for the first 2,000 warranties. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011. Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield, Abt Electronics, Vann's Inc and Woot.com. Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases.

rated:

SANTA (42.59kB)
Disclaimer
SANTA is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 for the first 2,000 warranties. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011.

rated:
*SANTA is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT December 7th, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011.

rated:
Today only. SquareTrade is offering 30% off their warranties with coupon code DEAL30 (no maximum discount). 1st 10K redemptions.

rated:
Santa again for today, 1st 2k:

SANTA is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 for the first 2,000 warranties. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011.

rated:
SANTA is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT December 14th, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 10th, 2011.

rated:
Santa again for 30% today, max $30, 2K uses.

rated:
SECRET is valid for 35% off, up to a maximum of $35 through 23:59 PT December 25th, 2010. Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield, Abt Electronics, Vann's Inc and woot.com . Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases.

rated:

SECRET (35.80kB)
Disclaimer
Secret 35% off extended through today, Dec 26th.

rated:
SANTA again, 30%, max $30, 2k uses. through 2359PT Dec 28th.

rated:
SANTA again for today, Jan 4th, 30%.

rated:
I am new to Squaretrade. I am not sure if I would qualify for the warranty infact.

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop 4 yrs ago along with extended warranty for 4 yrs total. The laptop had many issues, but each time Dell would repair, but finally it could not survive and just when my warranty was about to expire, they gave me a refurbished Studio. By the time it shipped, I was out of warranty.

The studio had also few issues, like the adapter was not functioning right after 4 months and now for almost having the system for a year, the screen is giving few isses at times. So, since I do not have any receipt for the refurbished product and to top it, the issues with the screen, I am not sure, if I would be eligible for Squaretrade warranty in first place. Can someone guide me in this regard or if there is a way to extend the warranty with Dell(not sure if this is possible too) or is it only, dump and get a new system seems the final option.

rated:
MysteriousGirl said:   I am new to Squaretrade. I am not sure if I would qualify for the warranty infact.

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop 4 yrs ago along with extended warranty for 4 yrs total. The laptop had many issues, but each time Dell would repair, but finally it could not survive and just when my warranty was about to expire, they gave me a refurbished Studio. By the time it shipped, I was out of warranty.

The studio had also few issues, like the adapter was not functioning right after 4 months and now for almost having the system for a year, the screen is giving few isses at times. So, since I do not have any receipt for the refurbished product and to top it, the issues with the screen, I am not sure, if I would be eligible for Squaretrade warranty in first place. Can someone guide me in this regard or if there is a way to extend the warranty with Dell(not sure if this is possible too) or is it only, dump and get a new system seems the final option.

this is why I won't touch Dell with a 50 foot pole .

rated:
30% off warranties (with NO cap) with code DEAL30 (pulled from SD).

rated:
well I just bit the bullet on a warranty for my Asus 1215n just in case I am hoping in the next few month they offer a 40% off. Tax has kinda killed the deal for me.

rated:
That's why I won't buy a Dell either. If you want a fast, reliable laptop, look at the Toshiba Core i5 models, or an HP Core i5 model. You can probably get the HP @ Costco for under $700; I got a Toshiba i5 from Sam's for $649 and it's fast, but they don't have it anymore (I should've bought 2 at the time).

rated:
you will probably be able to get cheap i5s left and right soon with the sandy bridge stuff on the market retailers will want to liquidate the old i5s in a hurry. I'd get one but I am waiting for the sandy bridge refresh on the Asus EP121. I am soo glad I held off buying the HP TM2t.

rated:
NEWTOY is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT January 11th, 2011. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 24th, 2011.

rated:
Same code again

NEWTOY is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT January 18th, 2011. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT January 24th, 2011.

rated:

SUPER (32.38kB)
Disclaimer
SUPER 30%, max $30, today only, then 20% until Feb 7th.

rated:
SUPER 30%, max $30, again for Feb 1st

rated:
VDAY is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT February 8th, 2011. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT February 14th, 2011.

rated:
Save 35% on any Verizon iPhone warranty through Feb 14th.

rated:
WINTER is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT February 15th, 2011. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT February 28th, 2011.

rated:
do u think it is better to go with them than going for Dell warranty?
i never used them before & dont quite understand their concept..if i buy a laptop for $900 they keep fixing any problem it has for up to $900 then if it needs more they just don't fix it anymore??
TIA!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 17 8 9101180
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014