• filter:
  • 1 234581
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I have seen SquareTrade occasionally mentioned in threads here, so am surprised no one has ever posted a thread with discount codes before now. They offer extended warranties and accidental handling (ADH) on most new and refurbished electronic item purchases, and they are the only company I know of that will warranty most eBay purchases. They have also partnered with Woot! as well to cover items sold there.

Hassle Free Coverage - All mechanical and electrical failures that occur in normal use.
5 Day Service Guarantee - We pay you full item price if the item can't be fixed, so you can get the replacement item of your choice.
Special coverage for eBay users - Covers used & refurbished items or where manufacturer does not (e.g., gray-market item or seller not authorized dealer)

SquareTrade Link

Thanks to all who have been updating the thread with codes!

Since newer codes are now very limited and mostly one-time use, the Quick Summary is not as useful as it used to be.
Always check the end of the thread for newest codes.

Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep out coupon requests. If you would like to request a coupon, please use the Online Coupon Trading forum. — Feb. 12, 2012 @ 2:25pm
Member Summary

SquareTrade Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
02H80008QCBTS00O 25% off

awhite3 (Oct. 17, 2014 @ 9:50a) |

I keep getting 20% off codes, which is kinda a bummer for me. Anyway, if anyone wants them, they are:

02260008k0n2j18t

022... (more)

sarahturtle (Oct. 19, 2014 @ 4:49p) |

25% off

02H80008X2VG10XD

Offer not valid for Smartphone, iPhone or iPad plans. Max $25 discount.**

Saywhatagain (Oct. 21, 2014 @ 10:58a) |

These codes have all been used now.

We will be doing our best to keep these threads current and up-to-date, but please feel free to edit the quick summary with coupon codes not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

GET DISCOUNT CODES VIA EMAIL
If you are not already a customer, the best way to obtain discount codes via email is to Like SquareTrade's Facebook Welcome page which allows you to sign up for their email newsletters.

SquareTrade Facebook Welcome Page 

Codes - Squaretrade has eliminated most (not all) of the 'public use' type codes and are issuing primarily one-time use codes to existing customers now. Please do not beg for these codes in this thread. Please do share codes you will not use. If you care about lurkers taking them, then ask for a PM to share it. Thanks everyone for keeping the thread friendly!
Check the end of the thread for newest codes

Current Codes

DQJE982 - 20% discount (eBay items only). [***not valid on 07/02/2012... ***]
TENFTEN - 10% discount. (not valid on 7/23?12: Expired)
SRT4R738 - 40% off protection plans (max 40% discount)

Fine Print: Coupon is only applicable to warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents, and we are currently unable to sell warranties to residents of Wisconsin and Maine due to state regulatory issues. Coupon offer is not available for items purchased on Amazon. com, Buy.comCrutchfieldAbt Electronics, Vann's Inc and woot.com. Warranties must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date, except for warranties with ADH coverage and warranties for items bought on eBay, which are 30 days. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases.

Other Sources
ShopDiscover gives 5% CB (verified 1/21/12; formerly 20%) but it cannot be combined with any other offers found outside of ShopDiscover. However, some categories such as Major Appliance may be quoted 40-50% cheaper than going through the normal site. Get quotes from both if you have a Discover card.

Costco - Also check out this fatwallet post Costco Squaretrade warranty 

Links to purchase warranties direct on Amazon  - Check for discounts without coupons. Often cheaper than after-coupon prices: (Eligible on any new items purchased within the last 30 days, even if bought outside of Amazon
SquareTrade storefront 
Samsung/Panasonic TV warranties  - Up to 50% savings!
Other TV warranties 
MP3 player warranties 
Laptop warranties 
Camera/Camcorder warranties 
Watch warranties 
Jewelry warranties 
Fitness Equipment warranties 

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Looks like SquareTrade does not include loss protection for the iPhone. Does anybody know of a plan that includes loss protection?

Thanks.

rated:
gadwale said: Looks like SquareTrade does not include loss protection for the iPhone. Does anybody know of a plan that includes loss protection?

Thanks.
Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance will if you purchase a rider. Talk to your agent. Policy limits will vary based on provider, etc.

It is generally very cheap in comparison to most plans.

rated:
gadwale said: Looks like SquareTrade does not include loss protection for the iPhone. Does anybody know of a plan that includes loss protection?

Thanks.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing1

rated:
When I checked the squaretrade 3 yr for my new plasma was like 100ish...I callled visa to make sure my warrantee was doubled (which it is automatically to two years) and they offered me a 3 year for 70ish...they called it the visa performance guaranty. Anyone used that before? The nice thing about it is that I can buy it any time until the 2 year expires...so I can watch the TV prices go under $1/inch and then decide to skip the warranty.

-g

rated:
Been using SquareTrade warranties for years and never thought to check FW for codes. That 50% off one just saved me $56 on an LCD TV warranty. Thx OP!

rated:
Is there any new updated coupon code? Most of them seems to be expired....

rated:
I've had GOOD experiences with Square Trade. Nice post OP!

rated:
TY9FN5E expired.

rated:
Anyone have an experiences getting an HDTV repaired through a Squaretrade plan? Just curious how it would compare to the B&M retailers.

rated:
SquareTrade is really upping their marketing. I just received a thick envelope thanking me for my last warranty purchase. It had a thick multi-page flier, fridge magnet, wallet card with warranty costs to take shopping with you, and a new code. Previously they have been online and email only, and growing by word of mouth.

TWENTYOFF 20% discount for any store-bought electronic or appliance. Expires 12/31/08

Please continue to let us know of new codes you find or find expired, and thanks to those who have done updates to the quick summary as well.

rated:
Does anyone have any new codes? Would really love a 30% off or higher code so i can get a plan for my iphone. Thanks!

rated:
ANOTHERONE for 30% off.

rated:
I recently purchased brand new GPS garmin nuvi from eBay. It has 1 year manufacturer warranty. Is it advisable to purchase this even if i have manufacturer warranty? Does it cover like a insurance(covering theft, mishandling, Accidental damage etc etc). I'm confused whether i should buy this or not??
Would greatly appreciate if anybody can highlight its advantages over manufacturer warranty. I know this one covers for 3 years but---

rated:
dinufat said: I recently purchased brand new GPS garmin nuvi from eBay. It has 1 year manufacturer warranty. Is it advisable to purchase this even if i have manufacturer warranty? Does it cover like a insurance(covering theft, mishandling, Accidental damage etc etc). I'm confused whether i should buy this or not??
Would greatly appreciate if anybody can highlight its advantages over manufacturer warranty. I know this one covers for 3 years but---

SquareTrade only covers damage from normal use...not theft or anything like that. Seems like a waste of $$ to buy one for something as "inexpensive" as a GPS.

rated:
they offer ADH for things like an iphone.

it raises the cost a bit. more like 12-15% of item cost.

whoever is reading this: Unless its an eBay transaction be sure to fax in your sales invoice slip for each item you insure. trust me. without this your warranty is worthless.

eBay transactions are of course auto-transmitted.

rated:
MBZ32190 said: dinufat said: I recently purchased brand new GPS garmin nuvi from eBay. It has 1 year manufacturer warranty. Is it advisable to purchase this even if i have manufacturer warranty? Does it cover like a insurance(covering theft, mishandling, Accidental damage etc etc). I'm confused whether i should buy this or not??

SquareTrade only covers damage from normal use...not theft or anything like that. Seems like a waste of $$ to buy one for something as "inexpensive" as a GPS.

Thanks for you input. I bought GPS Garmin Nuvi 780 for $378.xx from eBay and i can get Square trade coverage for $31 to $35 which will last for 3 years. Now what would u recommend--

rated:
Has anyone ever used Square Trade for desktop PCs? I just purchased an HP refurb on eBay that comes with a 90-day warranty from the manufacturer; I'm thinking about a 1-year warranty with Square Trade and so far the feedback has been fairly positive here. Anyone have horror stories or praise for how they operate? Thanks.

rated:
no basically if its less than $500 they just pay you and send a box. if its more than threshold they will try to fix it.

pay you - minus the warranty fee of course. after 60 days (hence reducing the warranty period from 1 year to 1 year - 60 days)

do the math usually cheaper to buy new.

rated:
has someone used the claim? how is their service?

please share your experience.

rated:
Does anyone have current codes for iphones? the one listed in the summary no longer works...

rated:
All the 50% off codes don't seem to work, at least for me. I am a current squaretrade customer with one prior warranty and am trying to get a warranty for a new lcd tv bought in at Target. I guess I could buy Target's, but would prefer squaretrade. Any new codes that work?

rated:
orangedawg said: All the 50% off codes don't seem to work, at least for me. I am a current squaretrade customer with one prior warranty and am trying to get a warranty for a new lcd tv bought in at Target. I guess I could buy Target's, but would prefer squaretrade. Any new codes that work?Make sure you sign in as a previous member before applying the code and see if that helps. Also, most of these will be one use per account.

rated:
rigor said: they offer ADH for things like an iphone.

it raises the cost a bit. more like 12-15% of item cost.

whoever is reading this: Unless its an eBay transaction be sure to fax in your sales invoice slip for each item you insure. trust me. without this your warranty is worthless.

eBay transactions are of course auto-transmitted.

From their T&C's:A copy of the item receipt must be received by SquareTrade before a claim can be processed. Your warranty will not be cancelled if you attempt to claim before we have a receipt, but doing so may delay the claims process

Just noticed that you can download a fax cover sheet for each warranty - thanks for the heads-up, rigor.

rated:
orangedawg said: All the 50% off codes don't seem to work, at least for me. I am a current squaretrade customer with one prior warranty and am trying to get a warranty for a new lcd tv bought in at Target. I guess I could buy Target's, but would prefer squaretrade. Any new codes that work?

I called their phone number and spoke with a CSR. Told him I was having problems using an online code and he tried to make it work. CSR couldn't get it to work, so he offered me 50% credit card refund if I went ahead and purchased at full price. Long story short, got my warranty for 50% off.

rated:
jonchang said: Does anyone have current codes for iphones? the one listed in the summary no longer works...

I ended up buying a car charger on eBay for $3.25 and a getting a squaretrade warranty for that for another $4.99. I was then able to use the 50% off code for my iphone plan. [Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier!]

rated:
PRETHANK25 - 25% discount for any purchase, maximum of $50. Expires 11/21/08. First 5000 customers only.

rated:
HOLIDAYMAIL - 35% discount (max $50) for first 10000 customers. 20% thereafter. Good on ALL items. Code Starts 11/28/08 Expires 1/06/09

rated:
Excellent service.

I had a Motorola cell phone stop working. They paid me every cent I paid for the phone even though it was a year old. I bought a three year warranty. I now buy warranties for everything I buy, eBay or retail. I just paid $90 for a three year warranty on a $2000 LCD TV. The manufacturer wanted over $500 and the retailer's price was even higher!!

rated:
Another code for the holidays:

WARRANTYSANTA - 35% discount (max $50) for first 10000 customers. 20% thereafter. Good on ALL items. Code Starts 11/28/08 Expires 1/06/09

rated:
warrantysanta is only 20% now, anyone know if there are any 30% or better codes coming up. I want to buy warranty for new macbook pro that I bought from eBay. After live.com CashBack it was cheaper than student price on Apple.com.

rated:
Jut got email WARRANTYSANTA is 25% again, first 1000 people. I just bought it, and did get 25% off, including 25%off of ADH.

rated:
Just wondering if anyone has ever had to use their repair service for appliances? It's too late for me to use now but I'll tell someone else who could use it.

"For Desktop Computers, Televisions over 37 inches and Large Appliances: We will help you schedule an appointment with a local repair facility for in-home service and we will pay the repair facility directly."

The extended I did purchase (in May) was through the store and GE is the provider. Who repairs apps under this plan, any previous experience here?

rated:
SECRETSANTA - 30% discount on any warranty purchase. Existing customer (after 1st purchase) only. Expires 12/25/08

rated:
need some codes that didn't expire yesterday

rated:
I just used THIRTY30. But that was a code I got for buying a warranty about a month ago. May not work for new customers.

rated:
If I bought my xbox 360 from overstock in DEC 2005 and it recently broke and it is out of warranty, can I buy warranty for it with square trade? Microsoft requires $90 to fix it and I'm just trying to get it fixed for a lower price.

Found the answer.

Sorry, we cannot offer warranties on items purchased more than 3 months ago.
It would of been $45 if I qualified without using any discounts..

rated:
Anyone know their claim process for low dollar items? Do I need to keep all the packaging of the item and return it that way or else face a claim denial? Will they scrutinize the item and try to use a "user abuse" clause on me? Experiences ,anyone?

rated:
Use SUPERBOWL for 35% off on all TV Warranties through Sunday, February 1st.
Use JANUARY20 for 20% off on all Other Items through Sunday, February 1st.

* SUPERBOWL offer is valid for 35% discount on TV warranty purchase up to $50 maximum warranty price. The code is valid through February 1, 2009. Offer is valid on items purchased on eBay or from a retailer, and to residents of the U.S. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer.

* JANUARY20 offer is valid for 20% discount on any other warranty purchase. The code is valid through February 1, 2009. Offer is valid on items purchased on eBay or from a retailer, and to residents of the U.S. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer.

Skipping 3184 Messages...
rated:
25% off

02H80008X2VG10XD

Offer not valid for Smartphone, iPhone or iPad plans. Max $25 discount.**

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234581
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014