• filter:
  • 1 2 34581
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Are the all the codes (ie the lower discount codes such as 20%) subject to the max $50 discount? Plan on purchasing a warranty for my new KURO and it's coming to around $350.

Ads by Google
rated:
MYVALENTINE

* 30% discount offer is valid through February 14th for the next 1000 customers to use the code. After that, coupon code is valid for 25% off through through 11.59pm PST February 14th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com . Offer valid for warranties for items purchased from a retailer, and to residents of the U.S. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases and are only applicable to warranties purchased directly from the SquareTrade website.

rated:
BYEBESTBUY - 50% discount for any BestBuy item purchased in last 90 days. Up to $50.

rated:
I just received this e-mail from them a few minutes ago. I personally like the company, their prices and their speed of service... I do not have a Best Buy near me anymore, but hopefully this will help someone out there.

Enjoy,
Wojo

"We want you to know that you don't have to overpay for Best Buy warranties EVER AGAIN. Best Buy might offer great deals on electronics, but their warranty prices are out of control!

For the rest of February, get an EXTRA 50% OFF SquareTrade warranties for items purchased at Best Buy (in the store or at bestbuy.com). Just say "no thanks" to the overpriced Best Buy warranty and come to SquareTrade instead. With this discount, you'll SAVE 75% on average!*

You can use this coupon for any Best Buy purchases made the past 90 days**. So if you missed out on a warranty over the holidays, now's your chance!

This promotion is too good to last forever, so take advantage of it while it lasts! And if you know someone else who loves to shop at Best Buy - pass the savings along!

Sincerely,

Your friends at SquareTrade"

rated:
Can someone describe their experiences using a squaretrade warranty? How long did it take / how much paperwork / did they get a fair settlement etc? I've done the VISA extended warranties many times and they're pretty seamless - I might do these as well....

rated:
scratch that.

rated:
kenblakely said: Can someone describe their experiences using a squaretrade warranty? How long did it take / how much paperwork / did they get a fair settlement etc? I've done the VISA extended warranties many times and they're pretty seamless - I might do these as well....

I had a RCA DVD recorder that died. They helped me set up warranty svc with RCA - the factory warranty covered parts only after 90 days. It was handled easily at no charge to me. Three months later the item died again. RCA was bought out by Audiovox and could not tell me anything about the repair or its warranty. Square trade stepped up a month ago and refunded my full purchase price and paid for me to ship the defective dvd player to them. I am on this thread looking for a code for a warranty from them for a laptop.
This was waaaay easier than my American Distress waranty coverage where they required me to get a quote for repairs then submit and wait for a week or two. Squzre Trade has a 5 day fix policy I believe, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!

rated:
zapy said: kenblakely said: Can someone describe their experiences using a squaretrade warranty? How long did it take / how much paperwork / did they get a fair settlement etc? I've done the VISA extended warranties many times and they're pretty seamless - I might do these as well....

I had a RCA DVD recorder that died. They helped me set up warranty svc with RCA - the factory warranty covered parts only after 90 days. It was handled easily at no charge to me. Three months later the item died again. RCA was bought out by Audiovox and could not tell me anything about the repair or its warranty. Square trade stepped up a month ago and refunded my full purchase price and paid for me to ship the defective dvd player to them. I am on this thread looking for a code for a warranty from them for a laptop.
This was waaaay easier than my American Distress waranty coverage where they required me to get a quote for repairs then submit and wait for a week or two. Squzre Trade has a 5 day fix policy I believe, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!

Agreed! I have over 7 warranties through them. My first was for a portable DVD player for my son that went bad. I filed a request online (takes about 5 minutes?) and faxed them a copy of the receipt. They emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label and refunded the full purchase price within 5 business days via Paypal and the transaction was hassle free. This is exactly why I will continue to purchase Squaretrade warranties.

rated:
TWTYOFF got rejected saying it was only for certain customers (I'm a new SquareTrade user). They had a reason to reject all the 20% off codes (I only tried the current ones) for a new SquareTrade user. All I got was the lousy 10%. Oh well, great thread, and better than nothing.

It looks like it is going to take them but then you try to check out and it fails.

rated:
Used FREEDOM40 yesterday on a new cell phone and received 40% off (non-eBay, return customer).

rated:
sable said: Used FREEDOM40 yesterday on a new cell phone and received 40% off (non-eBay, return customer).

Just tried, telling me FREEDOM40 is expired.

rated:
THIRTY30 - 30% off up to $30

Coupon can only be used once per customer.
Valid on a non-eBay item only. Max. discount is $30.
Expires 6/31/2009*

rated:
family

40% off

rated:
znoopie said: family

40% off

Bummer. Apparently expired.

rated:
dupe, sorry. I always wondered how that happened to folks.

rated:
I just ordered a 46" Sony LCD from Amazon and I think it comes with a one-year warranty but I'm not sure. During the first year of use, SquareTrade will direct me to use the mfgs warranty right ? In that case, I'm actually paying for a 3-year SquareTrade warranty but only getting 2 yrs, right ?

I just got off the phone with VISA's eclaim (Enhancement Services). Since I paid using my VISA card, they will extend my warranty 1 full year at no charge to me. If I want to purchase a 5 year warranty, it will cost $189.99

Now I have to make up my mind if I want to pay for the 5 yr warranty.

rated:
Hello, Anyone have a current code? THIRTY30 says my (computer) purchase does not qualify for 30% discount

rated:
EARLYSPRING is valid for 30% off , up to a maximum of $50, for the next 2000 customers to use the code. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through through 11.59pm PST March 21st, 2009

rated:
Thanks for Early Spring! I was bummed about missing the 40%, but this is only $6 more.

rated:
Great ... bought 3-year warranty with ADH for my Nikon D40 kit for $45. Hope it is worth it. Any links to actual SquareTrade warranty customers, who GOT their warranty working for them ?

rated:
I just signed up for a policy on Sony 46XBR6 I got a CC a week before they went dark. The ESP for TV's seem to be cost based like everyone else's. I got the four year plan for $189.97 after the discount code. IIRC, the fourth year was $60 or so. Hopefully I'll never need it, but just in case....

rated:
cjtrue said: EARLYSPRING is valid for 30% off , up to a maximum of $50, for the next 2000 customers to use the code. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through through 11.59pm PST March 21st, 2009

i was getting bummed because all the codes on the front page were not working for me, then i saw this one and bam! thanks a ton.

rated:
cjtrue said: EARLYSPRING is valid for 30% off , up to a maximum of $50, for the next 2000 customers to use the code. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through through 11.59pm PST March 21st, 2009

Thanks..

rated:
Hey.. I tried all the codes online.. they were all expired or didn't work for me. Called Squaretrade directly and explained that my "friend" had told me about the thirty30 code and it wasn't working. The rep said that the code was posted online and they were cancelling it. I told him that I was still interested in the warranty but it was too much without the discount. He immediately offered me 20% off my warranty on the spot. In the confirmation email.. it offered 20% off of another warranty. Worth a try!

rated:
New code for Dell Items only purchased from a retailer (and excludes eBay items):

SQUAREDEAL is valid for 40% off, up to a maximum of $40, expires April 30th, 2009.

rated:
if you're a seller on eBay, have your buyer use FLYER10, they get 10% off and you get 50% commission.

rated:
Code: TAXRELIEF

New code for 30% off. 30% off good until midnight April 8, 2009, afterwards it turns to a 25% off through April 20, 2009. Specifics below:

*TAXRELIEF is valid for 30% off , up to a maximum of $50, through 11.59pm PSTApril 7th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 25% off through through 11.59pm PST April 19th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Warranty must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date. The purchase window of warranties for Items bought on eBay is 30 days. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases and are only applicable to warranties purchased directly from the SquareTrade website.

rated:
anyone know of any current codes?

rated:
emmd2001 said: anyone know of any current codes?

Just got an email that said "SPRING" is valid for 25% off today until 5pm PST only. Then it goes down to 20 percent.

Terms: SPRING is valid for 25% off , up to a maximum of $30, through 4.59 PST April 28th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST May 3rd, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Warranty must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date. The purchase window of warranties for Items bought on eBay is 30 days. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases and are only applicable to warranties purchased directly from the SquareTrade website.

rated:
MOTHER is good for 35% off TODAY (May 5) through 5:59pm PST. After that it's good for 20% off through Mother's Day. It does work on eBay items.

rated:
Thanks OP! I got the ALWAYS10OFF to work for me.

rated:
Just saw this over at SD (credit to MOkoFOkO), MEMORIAL for 40% off (maximum discount $40). Valid through the end of the day, May 26th. Not vaild on eBay items. Hope that it helps someone.

rated:
Any new codes > 20% for eBay items?

rated:
I put in "father" and got -Sorry, this code is not active until 06/08/2009 - so tomorrow it should work but I don't know for how much.

rated:
DAD30 is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30, through 17.59 PST July 9th, 2009 (TODAY). After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST July 21th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Offer valid for warranties for items purchased from a retailer. Not valid on eBay purchases.

rated:
cuafe said: DAD30 is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30, through 17.59 PST July 9th, 2009 (TODAY). After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST July 21th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Offer valid for warranties for items purchased from a retailer. Not valid on eBay purchases.

This should be JUNE 9 and JUNE 21, correct?

rated:
Use COupon Code July04 for 30% off including eBay items- valid today!

rated:
Just received email from SquareTrade:

Re: Your Olevia Brand Television

As you may be aware, the Olevia brand, owned by the company Syntax Brillian is no longer being supported under its original manufacturer warranty. Syntax Brillian filed for bankruptcy in July of 2008.

Because the term of coverage we make available for items is largely determined by whether they are supported by the manufacturer (defined in your warranty contract as MSP: Manufacturer Supported Product and OP: Other Product) the term of coverage for your item has changed to reflect the fact that is has no manufacturer support.

SquareTrade only offers a 1 year base coverage term (+ a 2nd year optional upgrade) for items that are not covered by the manufacturer.

Effective today, we have changed your coverage to reflect the correct term for your item. If you originally purchased 4 years your term has been changed to 2 years. If you originally purchased 3 years your term has been changed to 1 year.

You will not receive a refund for this change in coverage term as the price of your warranty was originally calculated only as a fixed % of the item purchase price and not related to the presence or absence of manufacturer warranty coverage or the length of coverage you purchased.

For your reference, the section of your contract that directly applies to this situation reads as follows:

* Terms may be changed if: "3) If a Product is represented to be an MSP (Manufacturer Supported Products) product and determined to be otherwise, we reserve the right to either change the term of the Service Agreement to that of OP (Other Products) products or cancel this Service Agreement and refund Your premium."

We're sorry for any concern that this issue may cause you, and completely understand if you decide to cancel your remaining coverage. A full refund on your warranty (not pro-rated) is available.

If you do decide to cancel, or simply have questions about this update or your Care Plan in general, please feel free to call us at 877-900-7283, 24/7.

Regards,

Kord Hamilton
Customer Experience Manager

rated:
Wow... that's aweful. Glad I passed on going with Squaretrade for my TV. If they cannot prove themselves to be more reliable than Mack warranties... then there's no reason to pay more for it.

rated:
PipChaos said: Wow... that's aweful. Glad I passed on going with Squaretrade for my TV. If they cannot prove themselves to be more reliable than Mack warranties... then there's no reason to pay more for it.

Awful? They are willing to return the full purchase price of the warranty if you want. Every warranty company I have heard of will always pro-rate if you want a refund. It's not their fault that the TV manufacturer went bankrupt.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 34581
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014