• filter:
  • 12 3 4581
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
any other coupons beside july04? Apparently, that coupon offers max discount of 30% or $30, whichever is lower. Thanks!

rated:
Any current coupons / discounts?

rated:
The code "summer" is good for 30% off and is valid through today at 6 pm PST

rated:
Squaredeal of the day
Save 35% on home theater warranties!
Enter coupon code: HOME0707

Max discount $40, retail only.

HOME0707 is valid for 35% off through 11:00pm PST July 7th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Coupon is eligible for all home theater purchases. Offer valid for warranties for items purchased from a retailer (and excludes eBay items), and to residents of the U.S. Warranty must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases and are only applicable to warranties purchased directly from the SquareTrade website. Discount reflected upon checkout.

rated:
Thanks for the 'summer' code. Just used it and it works!

rated:
yeah, unfortunately its only 20% now :/ sigh

rated:
NotYourMomma said: Just received email from SquareTrade:

Re: Your Olevia Brand Television

As you may be aware, the Olevia brand, owned by the company Syntax Brillian is no longer being supported under its original manufacturer warranty. Syntax Brillian filed for bankruptcy in July of 2008.

Because the term of coverage we make available for items is largely determined by whether they are supported by the manufacturer (defined in your warranty contract as MSP: Manufacturer Supported Product and OP: Other Product) the term of coverage for your item has changed to reflect the fact that is has no manufacturer support.

SquareTrade only offers a 1 year base coverage term (+ a 2nd year optional upgrade) for items that are not covered by the manufacturer.

Effective today, we have changed your coverage to reflect the correct term for your item. If you originally purchased 4 years your term has been changed to 2 years. If you originally purchased 3 years your term has been changed to 1 year.

You will not receive a refund for this change in coverage term as the price of your warranty was originally calculated only as a fixed % of the item purchase price and not related to the presence or absence of manufacturer warranty coverage or the length of coverage you purchased.

For your reference, the section of your contract that directly applies to this situation reads as follows:

* Terms may be changed if: "3) If a Product is represented to be an MSP (Manufacturer Supported Products) product and determined to be otherwise, we reserve the right to either change the term of the Service Agreement to that of OP (Other Products) products or cancel this Service Agreement and refund Your premium."



We're sorry for any concern that this issue may cause you, and completely understand if you decide to cancel your remaining coverage. A full refund on your warranty (not pro-rated) is available.

If you do decide to cancel, or simply have questions about this update or your Care Plan in general, please feel free to call us at 877-900-7283, 24/7.


Regards,

Kord Hamilton
Customer Experience Manager


When and where did you buy your Olevia tv? I have a squaretrade warranty I bought for a tv puchased in December 07, but they haven't sent me any email like yours as of yet......

rated:
I'm guessing that the Olevia was from the Microcenter deal this past week (all over that "other" deals site). I bought one and was also considering the SquareTrade warranty, but seems pointless now.

rated:
Just bought two ipods does anyone have updated code? THANKS

rated:
BMWZ8Bond said: PipChaos said: Wow... that's aweful. Glad I passed on going with Squaretrade for my TV. If they cannot prove themselves to be more reliable than Mack warranties... then there's no reason to pay more for it.

Awful? They are willing to return the full purchase price of the warranty if you want. Every warranty company I have heard of will always pro-rate if you want a refund. It's not their fault that the TV manufacturer went bankrupt.
I agree that they are doing more than they have to do by providing a full refund, but I wonder if it wouldn't made more economic sense for them just to continue the original warranty terms. I guess you'd have to know the average failure rate, the percentage of their clients that actually use the coverage (rather than just replace the unit, considering the warranty process too much of a PITA) and their estimate of the number of people that will take them up on their refund offer.

rated:
JULY50 is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $50, through 23.59 PST July 21st, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST Aug 2nd , 2009

rated:
SCHOOL is valid for 40% off ($40 max) until midnight PDT August 4th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through Aug. 9th, 2009.

Valid for a warranty for an item purchased from any retailer.

rated:
AUGUST is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $50, through 23.59 PT August 11th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PT Aug 23th , 2009

rated:
NotYourMomma said: Just received email from SquareTrade:

Re: Your Olevia Brand Television

As you may be aware, the Olevia brand, owned by the company Syntax Brillian is no longer being supported under its original manufacturer warranty. Syntax Brillian filed for bankruptcy in July of 2008.

Because the term of coverage we make available for items is largely determined by whether they are supported by the manufacturer (defined in your warranty contract as MSP: Manufacturer Supported Product and OP: Other Product) the term of coverage for your item has changed to reflect the fact that is has no manufacturer support.

SquareTrade only offers a 1 year base coverage term (+ a 2nd year optional upgrade) for items that are not covered by the manufacturer.

Effective today, we have changed your coverage to reflect the correct term for your item. If you originally purchased 4 years your term has been changed to 2 years. If you originally purchased 3 years your term has been changed to 1 year.

You will not receive a refund for this change in coverage term as the price of your warranty was originally calculated only as a fixed % of the item purchase price and not related to the presence or absence of manufacturer warranty coverage or the length of coverage you purchased.

For your reference, the section of your contract that directly applies to this situation reads as follows:

* Terms may be changed if: "3) If a Product is represented to be an MSP (Manufacturer Supported Products) product and determined to be otherwise, we reserve the right to either change the term of the Service Agreement to that of OP (Other Products) products or cancel this Service Agreement and refund Your premium."



We're sorry for any concern that this issue may cause you, and completely understand if you decide to cancel your remaining coverage. A full refund on your warranty (not pro-rated) is available.

If you do decide to cancel, or simply have questions about this update or your Care Plan in general, please feel free to call us at 877-900-7283, 24/7.


Regards,

Kord Hamilton
Customer Experience Manager


I bought an Olevia LCD TV in January 2008, and picked up a 3 year Square Trade warranty. As I have not yet received this email, I called today and spoke with a CSR. It seems that the only people who lost their Syntax Square Trade warranty were those who were within their first year; people like me who are in to the extended period will continue to receive coverage.

rated:
any new 30 or 40% codes?

rated:
SUCKISSTAPLES said: any new 30 or 40% codes?
Probably not until after the AUGUST code expires on the 23rd. Seems to be the pattern now.

rated:
How long till the next coupon codes become available? Just bought a Panasonic plasma, and the squaretrade warranty is $149. If I could get that below $100, I would definitely buy it. Has anyone had luck negotiating with the customer service reps?

rated:
AUGUST is good for 30% again, today only!

rated:
Purchased new laptop last Monday.
Just tried to purchase 3 year coverage including accidentally "Spill or Drop".
Unfortunately SquareTrade is NOT writing up warranties for Wisconsin and Maine at this time (I live in WI).
They hope to within the next 30 to 90 days.
Will call them back September 9, the day BEFORE my 1 month laptop purchase date ... only way Square Trade
will offer the additional option for "Spill or Drop" coverage.
I did mention that today's 30% discount was for today only and I would be loosing that. Agent told me
when I call back in September to mention that and they could give me a minimum of a 20% discount.

rated:
If you missed it the first time around, here's your last chance to take advantage of 40% off the lowest warranty prices around.

Use Coupon Code SCHOOL for 40% off! Valid 5pm today til midnight PDT August 25th, 2009.

After that, this coupon is still good for 20% off through Aug 30th. Coupon is valid for max discount of $40.

rated:
wakemaker said: If you missed it the first time around, here's your last chance to take advantage of 40% off the lowest warranty prices around.

Use Coupon Code SCHOOL for 40% off! Valid 5pm today til midnight PDT August 25th, 2009.

After that, this coupon is still good for 20% off through Aug 30th. Coupon is valid for max discount of $40.


Perfect timing. Wanted to get the warranty on the Blue-ray DVD player I bought couple of weeks ago.

rated:
I'm surprised -- $600 plasma = $149 for 3 years while $600 LCD = $59. I just brought a plasma and I hadn't realized the warranty costs were so different. Something to think about.

rated:
Claims are handled quickly. I had my wife's iTouch recently suffer a problem that turned out to be moisture exposure, google that for BS Apple claim denials, anyway, ST stepped up and paid quickly.

They like to pay using PayPal and will even increase the payment to cover fees, however, you can stipulate USPS mailed check. The latter option will take longer than the claimed 5-day period. I did the USPS which was maybe a week more or so.

rated:
Thank you for contacting SquareTrade.
You can email a copy of your receipt at any time.

To email a copy of your receipt:

Reply to warrantyhelp@squaretrade.com with the copy of your receipt included as an attachment in PDF, JPEG or GIF format.

Hope that answers your question! You can also call 1-877-WARRANTY (1-877-927-7268) US & Canada only, 24/7.

Thank you,
Ed
Master SquareTrade Care Specialist

rated:
do they call up the store from where you purchased it to
checkup?

rated:
mrbm1234 said: do they call up the store from where you purchased it to
checkup?
You just need the receipt to make a claim. See the reply above yours for how you can file it with them ahead of time, so you do not have to worry about losing it.

rated:
If we missed this code does anyone know the upcoming dates for more discount codes?? Still need one and was at school all day today (ironically) and didn't catch this..

rated:
You just need the receipt to make a claim. See the reply above yours for how you can file it with them ahead of time, so you do not have to worry about losing it.

I know how to file it. I was just curious if they call up the store that you bought it from before
they fix it.
I bought a psp and bought a square trade warranty. The psp went down in price a few days later
the store would not refund the difference but said I could give it back and buy it again at the lower price
so I did. I just want to know if they would call up the store they would find out I returned it even though I bought it again I am using the receipt from the first one that I had already bought the warranty from.

rated:
wakemaker said: Claims are handled quickly. I had my wife's iTouch recently suffer a problem that turned out to be moisture exposure, google that for BS Apple claim denials, anyway, ST stepped up and paid quickly.

They like to pay using PayPal and will even increase the payment to cover fees, however, you can stipulate USPS mailed check. The latter option will take longer than the claimed 5-day period. I did the USPS which was maybe a week more or so.


What is an iTouch? I can't find that anywhere on Apple's website. Just an iPod Touch.

Either way, I am glad that they are quick to take care of you. I have probably four or five warranties with them. Kudos for the info.

rated:
droppunx said: If we missed this code does anyone know the upcoming dates for more discount codes?? Still need one and was at school all day today (ironically) and didn't catch this..They said in the last email that SCHOOL is the last big sale until Thanksgiving, so likely no more 40% discounts until then. But pretty sure they will have more smaller ones between now and then.

Also check their home page for the deal of the day. Today's is for 35% off anything from TigerDirect (TIGERDIRECT0826)

rated:
mrbm1234 said: I know how to file it. I was just curious if they call up the store that you bought it from before
they fix it.
I do not believe they do or that the stores would cooperate with them, as they are competing with the stores for warranty sales. Friends have filed for eBay items bought out of country, and had no problems (My items have not broken). I do know they will ask that you file any existing manufacturer warranty first, and they will assist you doing this.

rated:
Today is 30% off anything from Lowes (LOWES0827)

rated:
LABOR is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $50, through 23.59 PT September 1st, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PT Sept 7th , 2009

rated:
can someone clarify something for me? When I bought my tv last year I had thought the site said you could purchase a squaretrade warranty up until the end of the manufacturer warranty. When I looked recently I think it said 90 days? What is really the latest you can buy a warranty for a tv through them ?

rated:
Paperbag said: What is an iTouch? I can't find that anywhere on Apple's website. Just an iPod Touch.
Either way, I am glad that they are quick to take care of you. I have probably four or five warranties with them. Kudos for the info.


Both terms are used for the same item.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iTouch

rated:
lzpoof said: ..........What is really the latest you can buy a warranty for a tv through them ?

For eBay items, you can purchase your SquareTrade Care Plan at any time up to 30 days after the close of the eBay item auction.

For items purchased from online or offline stores, you can purchase a Care Plan to protect your item as long as the item was purchased within the past 90 days AND still has 30 days of manufacturer warranty coverage remaining.

We cannot guarantee the availability of a Care Plan beyond 30 days after the purchase/auction close.


http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/buyer-faq

rated:
SEPTEMBER is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $50, through 23.59 PT Sept 9th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PT Sept 20th , 2009

rated:
Today, I received a mailing from them detailing my recent warranty purchase for my video camera. It was a folded mailer and had a 50% coupon. I have purchased 3 other warranties from them but never received anything in the mail. Is this a new thing or did the others get lost in the mail?

rated:
Prncsnyc said: Today, I received a mailing from them detailing my recent warranty purchase for my video camera. It was a folded mailer and had a 50% coupon. I have purchased 3 other warranties from them but never received anything in the mail. Is this a new thing or did the others get lost in the mail?what is the 50% off code?? is it specific to you or just a generic word like all these other discount codes?

rated:
Does the 50% coupon have a max $ value off or is it unlimited? Also, if it looks like a standard code (like the coupon is an abreviation, term, or description of itself) please post it. If it's a random string of letters/numbers that seem computer generated instead of done by marketing, then it's probably exclusive to you. Please let us know though.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12 3 4581
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014