CD/DVD/VHS Racks FAR at FYE B&M

Archived From: Rebate Tracking
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
I hope this isn't a repost. I searched and didn't find anything.

I was at Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA this afternoon and walked by the FYE on the upper level. They had FAR MediaSource CD/DVD/VHS racks on display in the front window. Four different racks were available in the store and ten were listed as being FAR. The price of each rack was $19.99 with a $20 rebate. One rebate per item per address, but you can buy different racks and get a $20 rebate for each one. The rebate form prints out with the receipt and you must buy one rack at a time to get a rebate form on each rack. The clerk did not know if this promotion is nationwide, but I suspect it is. Quality seems good.

I bought the three racks listed below -

158 CD/65 DVD/35 VHS - UPC 870354000465

140 CD/70 DVD/40 VHS - UPC 870354000403

160 CD/115 DVD/60 VHS - UPC 870354001547
This last rack is solid wood and folds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on Kwad's comments, this promotion is nationwide. I updated the title.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I bought 8 different racks in two purchases: $80 and $70. I sent them in separate envelopes. They received the envelope ... (more)

SegaRob (Jan. 14, 2007 @ 3:32p) |

I faxed a copy of my rebate in twice and it's still not showing up. I have no idea what's going on. And it's such a pain... (more)

SegaRob (Mar. 27, 2007 @ 10:35p) |

Anyone know if it will be easier to get success by filing a complaint with the BBB against parago (rebateshq) or FYE?

SegaRob (Mar. 29, 2007 @ 9:48a) |

REBATE INFORMATION

Promotion #: 06-51062
Rebate amount: $20
Purchase date: 06/30/06 to 08/30/06
Postmark date: 09/30/06
UPC requirements: Original UPC bar code symbol from the package.
Rebate status: www.fyerebates.com or (800-779-6219)

Mail to:
P8 0630 Home Storage, TWEC
Promotion #06-51062
P.O. Box 540009
El Paso, TX 88554-0009

Only one (1) rebate form per envelope. Only valid at Trans World Entertainment retail stores. Valid rebate period from 6/30/06 thru 8/30/06 only. Valid in the United States and its territories. Request must be post marked by - 9/30/06. Replications of UPC bar code symbols are not valid. Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery. No Post Office Boxes allowed. Products returned to store without original UPC label will not be accepted. Fraudulent submissions could result in Federal Prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 United States Code. Section 1341 &1342). Not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

msgodec said: I hope this isn't a repost. I searched and didn't find anything.

I was at Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA this afternoon and walked by the FYE on the upper level. They had FAR MediaSource CD/DVD/VHS racks on display in the front window. Four different racks were available in the store and ten were listed as being FAR. The price of each rack was $19.99 with a $20 rebate. One rebate per item per address, but you can buy different racks and get a $20 rebate for each one. The rebate form prints out with the receipt and you must buy one rack at a time to get a rebate form on each rack. The clerk did not know if this promotion is nationwide, but I suspect it is. Quality seems good.

I bought the three racks listed below -

158 CD/65 DVD/35 VHS - UPC 870354000465

140 CD/70 DVD/40 VHS - UPC 870354000403

160 CD/115 DVD/60 VHS - UPC 870354001547
This last rack is solid wood and folds.

These have been on sale for FAR for weeks now at all FYE stores. There are about 10 different UPCs that qualify, limit one rebate per UPC per person. Most stores do not have all the UPCs in stock, only a subset.

My rebates are already approved and ready to mail to me...

Kwad

Do you have pictures or a website? Would be nice to see what the racks look like!
Thanks.

I'm surprised no one has posted this deal before, at least I couldn't find it on FW. There were plenty of racks in stock at the Fair Oaks store, though only four types out of ten. I checked the FYE website, and these racks are not listed, so this deal appears to be B&M only.

I can't find pictures on the internet, but they are light cherry in color and look like small bookcases though one has a side rack that holds CD's horizontally. Of the three I bought, two are laminate covered MDF and one is solid cedar wood and folds up. I don't have a scanner or digital camera available so I can't post pictures right away. I'll post what I can tomorrow.

pikachusj08 said: Do you have pictures or a website? Would be nice to see what the racks look like!
Thanks.

What is FYE?

It's a B&M CD and DVD store. FYE stands for "For Your Entertainment". The website is www.fye.com.

rc8461 said: What is FYE?

music and dvd store - http://www.fye.com/

rc8461 said: What is FYE?

Thanks! I looked up my zip and found a store at a local mall

Note that FYE rebates are very slow, and you have to watch them like a hawk.

jonnashville said: Note that FYE rebates are very slow, and you have to watch them like a hawk.

I've heard bad things about them - do anyone know if this is a manufacturer's rebate or a FYE rebate?

From the rebate form, this is a FYE rebate handled by rebateshq.com.

rederick said: jonnashville said: Note that FYE rebates are very slow, and you have to watch them like a hawk.

I've heard bad things about them - do anyone know if this is a manufacturer's rebate or a FYE rebate?

Anyone know of a FYE store in the Bay Area (San Jose and San Francisco, especially) that have these in stock? Thanks!

They had about 7 different racks at the FYE in the Carousel Mall in Syracuse, NY with at least 2 or 3 of each in stock. The wife and I picked up 2 different ones for our ever growing DVD collection.

sweet, will need to drop by the mall and see if they have some.

F.Y.E. is a Trans World Entertainment company. Their rebate deals are often (but not always) valid at their other chains, most notably Coconuts and Strawberries.

A list of all their chains (click link for store locator):

Mall Stores:

FYE

Freestanding Stores:

Coconuts Music & Movies
Wherehouse Music
Strawberries
Spec's
Planet Music

Other:

Saturday Matinee
Sam Goody
Suncoast

msgodec said: From the rebate form, this is a FYE rebate handled by rebateshq.com.

Anyone know who handles this rebate??

wfay said: msgodec said: From the rebate form, this is a FYE rebate handled by rebateshq.com.

Anyone know who handles this rebate??

Any rebateshq rebate is handled by Parago.

The only problem I face regarding the deal is that most of the stores are in the mall and they don't have any cart access. If I want to buy the wooden cd rack + other free stuff, it is heavy and I don't know how to take it.

Yeah, this is a problem. I had trouble lugging out two of the laminate-covered MDF versions of these racks to the car which was parked in a loading dock at the mall. They were heavy, there was no cart available and it was a considerable distance. Some people might have trouble carrying them out one at a time.

kumman said: The only problem I face regarding the deal is that most of the stores are in the mall and they don't have any cart access. If I want to buy the wooden cd rack + other free stuff, it is heavy and I don't know how to take it.

Any pics? Are they fugly?

kumman said: The only problem I face regarding the deal is that most of the stores are in the mall and they don't have any cart access. If I want to buy the wooden cd rack + other free stuff, it is heavy and I don't know how to take it.

Don't they have courtesy wheelchairs at your mall? Is this deal worth the moments of appearing stupid while hauling the racks out of the Mall?

Assuming there is a good selection of the different types of racks at your store, and you find one that fits your needs, it is worth the effort. I have now bought five of these racks and will give away four of them to friends, keeping one for myself. Quality is good though the wood cedar racks are a little rough, so check these carefully before you leave the store. The wood racks are lighter than the laminate covered MDF racks.

kaycen said: kumman said: The only problem I face regarding the deal is that most of the stores are in the mall and they don't have any cart access. If I want to buy the wooden cd rack + other free stuff, it is heavy and I don't know how to take it.

Don't they have courtesy wheelchairs at your mall? Is this deal worth the moments of appearing stupid while hauling the racks out of the Mall?

They actually look pretty good, no worse than any other DVD rack.

GlassVial said: Any pics? Are they fugly?

msgodec said: Yeah, this is a problem. I had trouble lugging out two of the laminate-covered MDF versions of these racks to the car which was parked in a loading dock at the mall. They were heavy, there was no cart available and it was a considerable distance. Some people might have trouble carrying them out one at a time.

I did a smart move. I saw a target inside the mall which had the mall entrance quite opposite to the FYE store. I parked the car in front of the target store. I bought 2 items and carried inside the target and put it in the cart. I want to buy all of the FAR items, but I could carry only 2 from FYE to target.

Got one of the CD racks for the computer room. 140 CD capacity. Don't care much what they look like in there. Cherry color is light, doesn't quite match my dark cherry bookcases, but holds lots of CDs.

Build Quality is iffy. But seems sturdy enough. Nothing pretty but functional.

Awesome deal! My store had plenty in stock. They were heavy so it was hard to buy a lot. I carried two of the larger ones and my niece carried two of the smaller ones. I might go back tomorrow to pick up the others models since I have to stop by that area anyway.

Picked up 2. Sweet deal. Thanx OP

Anybody have the promotion code for rebateshq.com for this rebate? Or is this rebate over? I cannot find it on the rebateshq.com website. Thanks!

Updated Quick Summary section with all the rebate information. Promotion code for this rebate is "06-51062" and sales is valid until 08/30/06. Also, it seems TWEC is finally setting up a special domain (www.fyerebates.com) to handle their rebates, very similiar to Symantec rebates with pre-submission.

Thanks OP! I picked up the solid cedar wood rack and had no problems carrying it through the mall under one arm, very easy to setup too. The craftsmanship of the rack won't win any awards, but very functional and good value for the price of your sales tax.

Between FYE and Strawberries I picked up 6 different styles. I'll probably go back tomorrow and pickup the ones I missed.

Bought the heavy ones at Strawberries so I wouldn't have to lug them through the mall

Today is the last day to mail in this rebate, FYI!

my cd/dvd rack rebate is not showing up in the system,it's been more than 7 weeks.i called rebateshq but they said they haven't received my rebate.does any one checked their rebate.

ns123 said: my cd/dvd rack rebate is not showing up in the system,it's been more than 7 weeks.i called rebateshq but they said they haven't received my rebate.does any one checked their rebate.

The same happened to me. The rebate is being handled by Parago. They have been losing alot of submissions lately. I suggest you do what I did, resubmit it via FAX. After I did that the rebate showed up online.

Elric428 said: ns123 said: my cd/dvd rack rebate is not showing up in the system,it's been more than 7 weeks.i called rebateshq but they said they haven't received my rebate.does any one checked their rebate.

The same happened to me. The rebate is being handled by Parago. They have been losing alot of submissions lately. I suggest you do what I did, resubmit it via FAX. After I did that the rebate showed up online.

My rebate shows up as Valid In Progress, FYI.

It's showing up after the resubmission.

No problems here, mailed out on 08/26/06 and validated on 09/18/06. My Maxell 48-pk AA batteries rebate mailed out on the same day was validated on 09/19/06. Unfortunately, my Toy Story DVD rebate also mailed out the same day is still MIA. I'll give them another week before resubmitting.

My rebates showed up today.

Rebate: $60.00 Check
Rebate Information For: me
Promotion: Up to $20 Mail In Rebate on Select H2O Products from Participating Retailers
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 11-02-2006
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

Bought three different racks. Mailed out at the end of Sept, so about one month for processing. Shows up on RebatesHQ.

Update:

I got a card in the mail last week that said my rebate was "invalid for the following reason: exceeded number of purchases".

I bought JUST 1. Seriously, just one of them.

I called, CSR said they would validate it, 4-6 more weeks for the check.

LAME. This is the first rebate out of perhaps 30 I've done in the past year to come back invalid. And it was b.s.

Skipping 5 Messages...
Anyone know if it will be easier to get success by filing a complaint with the BBB against parago (rebateshq) or FYE?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014