• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm curious to the pro's and cons of dumping Premium cable and getting Netflix Stream for the Movies. I'd like to be able to stream the Netflix to 3 different HD TV's on 2 floors?

1) Is this possible

2) What Hardware would be needed - none of the TV's are internet ready ( I'm guessing I would need a dedicated HTPC - or would I hardwire the DSL line direct to a Box of some sort? - or is an Internet ready Blue Ray Player the best optoin? ) I can build whatever PC I'd need along with basic networking - as long as it didn't get too complicated on the networking side - perhaps even hardwire the Network - but Not sure how easy it would be to fish wires one of the TV's.

3) If this is possible can multiple TV's be watching different movies at the same time on 1 Netflix account?

4) How would I control navigate the HTPC - or Netflix account at either of the 3 TV's.

Whatever the configuration - I'd like to keep the setup as economical as possible - so if there are multiple ways to set this up - keep that in mind. < I don't own a PS3 or XBOX - so that isn't an option >

Basically I want to know how all this works in nuts and bolts details - so I can weigh the options and their cost / benefits to get it up and working in a user friendly way.

Thanks

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

1. yes
2. network cables and any Netflix streamer or media streamer (dvd player, ps3, bluray, wdtv, pc...)
3. Yes, but technically you are required to pay for a 3 movie plan to have 3 concurrent streams
4. each device would have it's own control panel for Netflix.

Wouldn't spend a ton of money. In the not too distant future, broadband providers are going to really put a damper on video streaming unless you're willing to pay for their "premium" service. Caps are coming to a provider near you!

miqie said: Wouldn't spend a ton of money. In the not too distant future, broadband providers are going to really put a damper on video streaming unless you're willing to pay for their "premium" service. Caps are coming to a provider near you!

all the more reason to say NO to the comcast/NBC merger

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014