• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
It shows up in my start up list and although it seems to be legitimate, several sites said it was a virus.

I noticed the MSC (Microsoft Security Client) after I started looking for my MS Security Essesntails because my computer said I did not have virus software.

I have a Windows 7 laptop and used to have MS security essentials on my computer (not sure where it went)
When I use msconfig, I see:

Microsoft Security Client-----Microsoft Corporation ------- C:\Program files\Microsoft security client\msseces.exe"-hide -runkey

Those entries seem fishy to me, but wanted to see if they are actualy viruses.

I was thinking of downloading MS Securoty essentials again to see if can detect it.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

The actual application name is Security Client, but there are so many fakes around you really do need to be careful. Read the links skibum43 gave you and also run a scan with another product just to double check yourself. Something like Malwarebytes Antimalware or Hitman Pro, for instance.

I hate this kind of people who making those spyware, fake-antivirus, ....
I wish government has some sorts of enforcement to stop all these.

pianoCM said:   I hate this kind of people who making those spyware, fake-antivirus, ....
I wish government has some sorts of enforcement to stop all these.

Yes because everyone else loves them...

And they're not based in the USA. Most of them are in Russia etc. where the USA can't do anything about them.

They do sometimes arrest the people doing these things. It's big news when it happens.

But as LordB said it isn't easy due to jurisdiction issues.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014