• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My subscription to NIS is endinging in a few weeks, and I'm looking for a good FAR deal on NIS 2012.

I see Fry's has NIS 2010 3-pc for $69.99 and they have NIS 2012 12 PC TECH BENCH for $9.99 AR.

I've Googled it, but can't find an explaination of what's different in the "tech bench" version.

Can someone please enlighten me on what the difference is?

TIA

Member Summary

It's always good to provide a link, since there may be more details provided, or you may have made a mistake in the description.

For example, I found this link, which I think is the product you found, but it says it's a 3 USER, not 12 PC, license. Also, the $50 rebate is only good if you buy it along with either a new PC/Laptop, CPU, Hard Drive, Printer, Monitor, Motherboard or PC Service/Installation. So you can't get just NIS and use the rebate.
http://www.frys.com/product/6770005

As for what "Tech Bench" means, I'm guessing that it's a description that's internal to Fry's, likely the location of the software on the salesfloor, that unintentionally got revealed on the website. For example, this Norton product has "TECH BENCH DVD CASE" in the description, indicating the product is in a DVD case:
http://www.frys.com/product/6526263

I'm guessing "Tech Bench" is the area in Fry's where they do technical support and repairs. It would make sense that they'd have AV software nearby there so they can sell it to customers who bring in PCs with virus issues.

Thanks Marsilies. After looking closer I think you are correct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014