• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
So as we all know coupons.com has a print limit of 2 coupons per computer.

If I had 10 computers I could legally print 20 of the same coupons like some people do....but I don't have 10 computers.

I am close to figuring out how to legally print more than 2 coupons from coupons.com per computer but I need help.

I now have a DSL modem rather than a broadband modem and with a DSL modem I can easily change my IP address by just unpluggling my moden and plugging it back in.

So I experimented tonight with 4 steps and got very close to bypassing coupons.com's print limit per computer.

Step 1: uninstall coupons.com's print software
Step 2: delete all cookies and browsing history
Step 3: If you have a DSL modem like me....just unplug it and then plug it back in and you will get a new IP address!
Step 4: re-install coupons.com print software.

After experimenting for and hour and doing all this I came very close to printing coupons I had already printed. It no longer said:"print limit reached" right off the bat but it said it again after I re-installed coupons.com's printer.

I am getting close! I am not a "hacker" by any means but I am computer savvy and know that the problem is coupons.com is hiding some log file on computers keeping track of what coupons are being printed so even when it's uninstalled the tiny little log file stays in some random system folder!

I need to know where that log folder is so I can delete it!

Again...I am not doing anything illegal...

I have every right to install/uninstall apps over and over/I have every right to delete internet cookies/I have every right to unplug my modem and plug it back in...just like people have the right to own 100 computers if they want!

Anyway I am computer savvy and there is some system folder that keeps track of coupons printed that I need to find!

Member Summary

You're certainly attempting to circumvent the coupon company's intent. Which, if not actual fraud, comes very close.

Anyway, could they be using your MAC Address?

Next cycle of coupons, change your computer's date and run the coupon printer. Then search for file(s) created on that date. Note the path and be sure to search for hidden and system files.

Search Google. There was a post from a guy on exactly which registry files get modified by the coupon printer software.

No offense but most of us coupon-ers try to play by the rules. You might find more help in the Tech forum.

my4mainecoons said:   You might find more help in the Tech forum.No offense, but no, you won't find more help here in the Technology forum, as we like to play by the rules and don't condone things like this.

With that being said, superpop, you certainly aren't 'computer savvy' if you really can't figure out how to get around the coupon limit...

install virtualbox on your computer. it's a free virtual-pc emulator. Install windows xp or windows 7 into the virtual machine. you can get windows xp professional or windows 7 ultimate using bit che to search all of the torrent websites. use windows loader to bypass microsoft activation for windows 7 ultimate. set up xp or win 7 exactly how you want with it to print to your printer sans the coupon printer. save your virtual machine and close it. virtualbox has a revert changes feature that tosses all of your changes since when you started the virtual machine. so start the virtual machine, print 2 coupons, close the virtual machine and revert changes, then restart the virtual machine, repeat as many times as you want...

ok... First of all, I'll just start off saying that I've never messed with couponing software but that said... try one of these see if it works...
If the reason it wont allow for more prints is due to a file that limits this... chances are that it would be in either the "programdata" folder in your c drive, or somewhere in the "AppData" folder in your c users "username" folder... (show hidden folders to unhide em') happy hunting... Though if it's a reg entry that you have to get rid of, then find a good uninstaller that cleans up after the installs... now... last but not least... if it has to do with your ip address that is causing the blacklisting of more prints. then your out of luck! nah just BS'ing lol no, your not out of luck... you can use a VPN to actively mask (reroute) your ip address therefore bypassing the limit of prints... realise that no matter how many times you reset your little dsl box wont in any way give you an actual different internet ip address, though thinking that by unplugging and plugging the thing would make any difference just makes me kind of sad hahaha ok, your dsl or router reassigns its own ip addresses for each individual machine hooked up to it... unplugging and plugging it back up would only change the way that it speaks to each of the machines you have hooked up to it (i.e. modem/router would at most change an ip add. just to recognize said machine... thats all you accomplish by resetting it...) via ethernet cables... so now you know that that would not change your "actual" internet ip address.... alright, keep in mind that this would only give results if it is in fact true that the cause of the limit is due to your ip address being kept on their records to shut you out... hope you luck out!

I'll say this... I think it's only fair to be limited to printing two coupons, personally I find it ethically appalling to those who abuse it.

But - I have had problems with IE printing coupons, while firefox will usually print them without any problems; there's been a time or two when my computer wouldn't "behave" and print the coupons so I used another computer in the house to print them. Note: the computer that you are printing from must be directly connected to a printer - can't be a wifi-connected printer.
And in last attempt situations, I've had my husband print the coupons at work (although I had to visit him once and set up the coupon add-on on his work pc because he didn't know how)

mom2jel said:   I'll say this... I think it's only fair to be limited to printing two coupons, personally I find it ethically appalling to those who abuse it.

But - I have had problems with IE printing coupons, while firefox will usually print them without any problems; there's been a time or two when my computer wouldn't "behave" and print the coupons so I used another computer in the house to print them. Note: the computer that you are printing from must be directly connected to a printer - can't be a wifi-connected printer.
And in last attempt situations, I've had my husband print the coupons at work (although I had to visit him once and set up the coupon add-on on his work pc because he didn't know how)
I always print to my printer over wifi. No problems at all.

You guys are idiots. DSL modem? Cookies? Browsing history?

It uses your processor serial # to track the prints. The only way to circumvent that, is to replace the PC.

Coupons.com software is a piece of garbage. I prefer to use Java based printer. I tried loading coupons.com printing software and all it keeps doing is to tell me to load the software. Their tech support stinks. I have a networked printer, it is the only printer I have and it is my default printer. Their support tells me to open up my security, NO WAY. Just to print a stinking coupon. COUPONS.COM FIX YOUR SOFTWARE.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014