• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

http://checkinventory.site44.com

Currently, it only supports Home Depot, Staples, and Target. However, if you know of any others that I can add, please reply in this thread with the URL you use to check inventory, and I will try my best to add them within a few days.

EDIT: Added WalMart
EDIT (3/17/2013): Site moved (link updated)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

jfkingish (Sep. 08, 2014 @ 7:53p) |

Feloniousmonkey, I need this for my business, we buy inventory from WM. We need to be able to track it on our POS system... (more)

jfkingish (Sep. 08, 2014 @ 7:56p) |

Contact Russian/East European hackers

Flatbob (Sep. 09, 2014 @ 6:21a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice! But I would swap the position of the Reset and Go! buttons.

rated:
Cool!
I happened across Target's store inventory option a few weeks ago when I was trying to find size 12 (men's) boots for my DS14. Sure beat driving around to 10 different Target stores to find out if they had them in stock or not! They'll list theirs as "In Stock", "Limited", and "Out of Stock; best thing ever! I wish more stores would do this.

I believe WalMart's website also has this capability to check stock, so you could try adding them.

rated:
Thanks for the positive replies and constructive criticism folks.

I'm glad that the FW community is embracing this tool; as opposed to the SD moderators who yanked my post within minutes, slapping a warning on my profile, and deeming my post "self-promotion". Talk about ungrateful! I've worked 10+ hours on this page so far!

rated:
mom2jel said:   I believe WalMart's website also has this capability to check stock, so you could try adding them.
WalMart's a little tricky. The URL structure is straightforward. However, there is a check on their server that prevents you from entering the URL manually into your browser. Hopefully it's as simple as supplying the correct referrer URL in the request.

rated:
Diggin said:   Nice! But I would swap the position of the Reset and Go! buttons.
Done!

mom2jel said:   I believe WalMart's website also has this capability to check stock, so you could try adding them.
Disregard what I just said. WalMart is now added. Enjoy!

rated:
Looks good... hitting enter in either box should do a "Go".

rated:
edavid said:   Looks good... hitting enter in either box should do a "Go".
Yeah, sorry about that. I broke that functionality with the last update. It's fixed now.

rated:
Could you make it so the store and SKU can be specified in the URL... or do you think you'd get too much traffic if you did that?

rated:
edavid said:   Could you make it so the store and SKU can be specified in the URL... or do you think you'd get too much traffic if you did that?
This functionality is already there:
site=H|S|T|W
sku=######

Example: http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net?site=T&sku=111-11-1111 (Target requires hyphenated SKU's)

rated:
Thanks for the work!

'List of Stores' LINK is a nice touch.

BUG REPORT: Home Depot doesn't seem to work with store numbers under 1000, even with a leading zero.File not found.P.S. SD Inventory Checker does accept HD stores under 1000 and returns results.

rated:
TakeTheActive said:   BUG REPORT: Home Depot doesn't seem to work with store numbers under 1000, even with a leading zero.File not found.P.S. SD Inventory Checker does accept HD stores under 1000 and returns results.
Now fixed. Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know!

rated:
Really impressive.

rated:
FeloniusMonkey said:   I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net

Currently, it only supports Home Depot, Staples, and Target. However, if you know of any others that I can add, please reply in this thread with the URL you use to check inventory, and I will try my best to add them within a few days.

Can you tell me what I am supposed to put in the big white blank space?
Give an example.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   FeloniusMonkey said:   I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

Give an example.

You cant be serious. If you are, you need to step away from your computer.

rated:
KayK said:   yesidonoitall said:   FeloniusMonkey said:   I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

Give an example.

I am serious and have 3 pc's in front of me going.
The op is not clear in how to use his program....

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   KayK said:   yesidonoitall said:   FeloniusMonkey said:   I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

Give an example.

I am serious and have 3 pc's in front of me going.
The op is not clear in how to use his program....
Step 1. Click "Go!".
End of steps.

Seriously, just select the store, enter the sku and store # and click "Go!".

rated:
RE:
Seriously, just select the store, enter the sku and store # and click "Go!".

OK, now I (we) know.
However, we may not have access to the stores sku unless we go to the store.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   OK, now I (we) know.
However, we may not have access to the stores sku unless we go to the store.
You can also sometimes find it on the web page for the product and many times people will post the sku in the thread.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Can you tell me what I am supposed to put in the big white blank space?
Good point. I'd like everyone to know that I just migrated the latest version of the code, and it was all inspired by this fella.

rated:
WalMart does not work at all for me...??

rated:
brookedin said:   WalMart does not work at all for me...??
Yeah, I'm getting this error message too. It's either a temporary server issue on WalMart's side, or they recently changed the program I was calling on. Give it a few days to resolve itself before I dig my claws in.

rated:
Thumbs up for you...admire your contribution!

rated:
If WalMart worked, this would be the greatest contribution to society since M&Ms... It is still awesome tho!!

rated:
brookedin said:   If WalMart worked, this would be the greatest contribution to society since M&Ms... It is still awesome tho!!
It did work. You just missed the boat is all. I'll get to it... just busy at the moment. So chill for a bit, ok?

rated:
Ew.

rated:
brookedin said:   Ew.Thank the author, report any "BUGS" and use whatever portions of it work for you.

You've already gotten MORE than you PAID for!

I've written a few FREEWARE programs over the last half-century or so, and my experience has always been that the NEGATIVES (from Users) always outnumber the POSITIVES.

FeloniusMonkey,

Thanks, once again, for your efforts!

rated:
Excuse you. I noticed that my original post was abrupt when i only said that WalMart didnt work. So i was merely expanding it to include my gratitude. It was not a demand or a plea or a kick in the a$$, so for FM to give ME the attitude when i was only giving praise was not called for.
Go back to your freeware TTA.

rated:
brookedin said:   Excuse you. I noticed that my original post was abrupt when i only said that WalMart didnt work. So i was merely expanding it to include my gratitude. It was not a demand or a plea or a kick in the a$$, so for FM to give ME the attitude when i was only giving praise was not called for.
Go back to your freeware TTA.

Perhaps you should try reading between your own lines. You mentioned the WalMart thing once, and that's enough. Nowhere in the history of this thread did I indicate that I couldn't keep up with demand. So just be patient, and I'll see what I can do.

rated:
WalMart inventory check is now fixed.

rated:
Also added a new feature that provides you with a hotlink... mainly for the convenience of pasting the direct link for your search into a forum thread.

In Microsoft Internet Explorer, you have the added convenience of being able to right-click on the link to copy it to the clipboard.

rated:
Does Target still work?
I Can't...

rated:
I'm having trouble with the Target inventory checker too...

rated:
bumping this, still works fine for Home Depot. thanks op!

rated:
Really, its a great tool. I want to check inventories by this tool. Also its easy to use. So, its great and appropriate for me. Thanks for this tool.

rated:
Can you tell us a little more about how the Inventory Checker works? Is it for customers who go to make purchases based on the inventories they are needing in the home?

I am really curious about your new development! Thank you for clarification!

rated:
Hi Felonious,

Where did you get the API URL's from? I am working on an app that inventories supplies and option to buy from Home Depot. I would like to know how to get rid of this: _hddata["chkInventory"] ="chkInventory"; at the top. annoying bit of code.

and remove iFrames. I was thinking that jQuery is a possibility for loading AJAX into <div>s instead of the way you developed the native Ajax to load content into iFrames. But I want to see the complete JSON Content. So how do I get that?

rated:
Is Target not working?

rated:
Target isn't working anymore. Can it be fixed? I would really appreciate it. I've been using the Target one a lot lately and now it doesn't work.

Skipping 56 Messages...
rated:
mrlemm said:   Anyone have a new HD inventory checker?
  Contact Russian/East European hackers

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014