• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
anthonyparcad said:   Target isn't working anymore. Can it be fixed? I would really appreciate it. I've been using the Target one a lot lately and now it doesn't work.

You'll have to use Target link for an arbitrary item and change the dcpi(last 9 number of the link) to the one you're looking for. Its not that bad.

Ads by Google
rated:
FeloniusMonkey said:   I just completed development on my new all-in-one inventory checker. It's got all kinds of subtle bells and whistles, including cookies that remember your last entries for all retailers in the search.

http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net

Currently, it only supports Home Depot, Staples, and Target. However, if you know of any others that I can add, please reply in this thread with the URL you use to check inventory, and I will try my best to add them within a few days.

EDIT: Added WalMart

THX!!!!!!!!!!!

rated:
When I used this with the appropriate DPCI and zip code, it just pulls up a more or less blank generic target webpage, nothing mentioning stock or locations.

rated:
Not working for Staples for me

rated:
I would like to know more. I like to track toys on zoolert but would rather have my own personal tracker for items where I could be notifie when something is in stock at the stores I choose it to search whether it is toys, electronics or shoes, etc.

rated:
The tracking would be done for online and in store stock and pricing

rated:
Interesting if it works. Would like to get more details. Other than Target, do you enter the UPC number to search for an item say for WalMart and the others? Doesn't pull up anything but an error when I put in a known UPC number for a toy.

rated:
Is there a way to get a full list of Staples inventory using this tool - an excel file ?

rated:
rachemnah said:   Is there a way to get a full list of Staples inventory using this tool - an excel file ?

Maybe, but do you have 40 500 sheet reams of paper?

rated:
I would love to find an item. Limited to 50 miles is rough. Is there any possibility of an iterative search parsing for in stock ? Perhaps a queued request so that dozens won't overload?

rated:
is it possible to fix Home Depot stores link or look for stores by zip code? thanks

rated:
Does not seem to be working for Target.

rated:

rated:
Hi,

We have a need for an inventory checker that crawls clothing suppliers inventories to see if the products we have in our online store are still available. Do you think your solution could be modified to provide this information? Are you aware of a system that would provide this service?

Thanks,
Amanda

rated:
ecoamandara said:   Hi,

We have a need for an inventory checker that crawls clothing suppliers inventories to see if the products we have in our online store are still available. Do you think your solution could be modified to provide this information? Are you aware of a system that would provide this service?

Thanks,
Amanda
Well, it depends on a lot of factors actually. First off, you can only check a company's inventory if the company has a publicly accessible inventory interface. Every company's website is different... like snowflakes! Therefore, a custom solution is required for every single website. I wanted to include more websites, but sometimes the interface is just too complicated to reverse engineer.

Regarding your personal situation: you haven't given me much to go off of. From what it sounds like, you rely on other companies' inventories to reflect the inventory of your own online store. That's nowhere near the intention of the tool I wrote. The tool I wrote is a 100% client-side implementation. For your purposes, you will need something much more involved, and it sounds like a custom job. Hopefully your supply sites have service-based APIs, so at least you can get the job done IF you were willing to go through with it.

Just a side note: Even if you were to have this solution implemented for your website, there's no guarantee that the supply sites won't change their method of data interchange. As you can see in this thread's history, even the smallest changes in these websites can break the functionality.

rated:
Is there a way to lookup an item at WalMart by UPC, WalMart no., or sku. Not all of walmarts stuff is on the website i'm able to track things with the WalMart app scanning with printed barcodes but looking for faster searching.

rated:
Duaber said:   Is there a way to lookup an item at WalMart by UPC, WalMart no., or sku. Not all of walmarts stuff is on the website i'm able to track things with the WalMart app scanning with printed barcodes but looking for faster searching.
Every WalMart I've ever been to has UPC scanning stations in several places throughout the store, where you can hold the UPC under the scanner and it will tell you the item and price. Hope that helps.

rated:
Looks like FW effect has taken its toll

rated:
jim045 said:   Looks like FW effect has taken its toll
Sweet... you guys are awesome
Funny thing is, the amount of bandwidth used by the site is minimal. All of the "fetching" is done by the user's browser. Site44's monthly bandwidth cap for a free account is 100MB. There is 50KB MAX of files that need to be fetched for the page to load completely. So I guess that's about 2,000 page uses in the last month. Anyway, I'll see what I can do about hosting this elsewhere. Bear with me.

rated:
Bump!...post the code if you don't want to deal with the hosting. This thing rocks! Been using it every day.

rated:
FeloniusMonkey shoot me an email I might have a job for you...

rated:
How accurate is the inventory for Staples? Anyone have an idea? Results say low inventory, but then when going to the store, they don't have any of the item that said "low inventory." Low inventory is "some" inventory, not 0 inventory. I already realize this is the fault of Staples inventory being inaccurate, not your tool.

rated:
zubba said:   How accurate is the inventory for Staples? Anyone have an idea? Results say low inventory, but then when going to the store, they don't have any of the item that said "low inventory." Low inventory is "some" inventory, not 0 inventory. I already realize this is the fault of Staples inventory being inaccurate, not your tool.Low inventory is low. Could be in the hands of a customer prior to check out. Could be a damaged one take to the back, Could be someone picked it up and put it down elsewhere in the store

They could report zero inventory instead of low, but then, people would get upset that they had some and said they were out

Low vs zero is a tough inventory problem to solve =

rated:
I guess that means, they MIGHT have some left, so don't be upset if you make a special trip and they don't have any available.

rated:
Any idea why if I go to the page from my history in IE that I see inventory for a split second and then it goes straight to Target or Staples website saying not found?

rated:
"Site suspended due to excessive usage"

I haven't gotten to use it yet, but it looks like it's pretty popular.

rated:
Great work, I can see these sort of inventory-checking programs becoming ubiquitous in the near future... Gone will be the days where you spend 20 minutes driving to a store only to find out the products you want are out of stock.

rated:
The nice thing about the Site44 locator is it would show stuff for WalMart where WalMart's website didnt have a locator for it. SAdly there are a few games im trying to locate but I cant seem to find any other sites for WalMart locators.

rated:
The Target inventory locator at both http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net and http://checkinventory.site44.com are not working for me.
at Site44 whenever I paste in the DCPI (i.e. 080-00-0650) the form strips out the hyphens which I don't believe is correct.

rated:
simian340 said:   The Target inventory locator at both http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net and http://checkinventory.site44.com are not working for me.
at Site44 whenever I paste in the DCPI (i.e. 080-00-0650) the form strips out the hyphens which I don't believe is correct.

Looks like it needs a new case to handle Target DPCI vs "online number", where the system requires the hypens for the DPCI.

rated:
Please add Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid.

rated:
Site is down due to excessive usage.
Maybe OP can solicit donations to move to a better host?

rated:
OP, if you'd like, shoot me a PM and i'll give you some webspace you can use to host this. I have no problem donating that (I run a few web servers so it doesn't cost me anything).

rated:
joesmoe2012 said:   OP, if you'd like, shoot me a PM and i'll give you some webspace you can use to host this. I have no problem donating that (I run a few web servers so it doesn't cost me anything).

Any movement on this GENEROUS offer?

rated:
Happy to host it as well, have a few (hundred) terrabytes of bandwidth to spare each month.

rated:
I have a great market for a similar type of tool.  If you could develop one that returns SKUs, prices, images, and sizing specs that would go over big.  Currently, my company takes bids, but we'd like to specify what the contractor uses.  It would be nice if one could enter something like "sink" or "door handle" or better yet, the application has a dropdown with general names/categories of items, it could be chosen and an in-stock list from a chosen store could be displayed.  It would then allow a list of items to be compiled from a s store needed for the job and someone would just need to get there and pick those items up.  If there are items used regularly, there could be a way for it to retain those items, allowing those to be verified against a specified store, so it could default to the user's list with a way to add, remove, or replace items needed to be changed out or because those items are out of stock.

rated:
Can you add Kohls too, now the Kohls website supports "find in store" option ?

rated:
Will give it a try, thanks

rated:
Is Staples working? Need to check item 300033 in zip 03561

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.