social network sites and address book

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I must admit, i thought i was on top of my security stuff, but apparently not.

I use facebook, google, yahoo, etc.

last i checked, facebook and google has no ties. yet, my twitter account started to suggest follow some friends that is only known in my FB account. I did NOT link twitter to FB. how did this happen?

this social engineering stuff is really getting creepy. social sites should be banned from linking any information of your account to anything, unless law enforcement is involved.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's a facebook plugin that's loaded on the twitter page. Twitter doesn't have that info. Try logging out of facebook completely and then going back to your twitter page.

I know if you have the Facebook app on your cell phone, facebook will access your phone's address book and suggest new friends based on the numbers in your address book. Twitter could be doing the same thing. Maybe your phone is the common thread between the two?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014