• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a VitalASC Model ST1010 tablet running Android 4.0.
I also have the Google Plus App installed.

How do I do a Google Plus Hangout with my tablet?
I can't find an option to start a hangout.

I can do hangouts on my Ubuntu 12.4 desktop and my Microsoft Windows 7 laptop.
But I am totally stuck with my tablet.

What do I have to do to do a hangout on my tablet?

Member Summary

You installed the app, then what? Are you unable to find the icon for it? You tap the icon and nothing happens?

My apologies, the subscription must not have taken for this thread because I was not notified that someone replied.

On my Google+ plug-in to my Firefox browser on my desktop there are clear references to Google+ Hangouts. The Google+ on my tablet however makes no references to hangout at all, as if that feature doesn't exist on Google+ Android.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/256196/google_android_app_can_sta...
In the [android] app, users can start new Hangouts by tapping the home icon at the top-left corner of the screen, selecting “Hangout” and choosing friends or circles to invite.

Basically what's happening on my side is that my version of Google+ has nothing in the top left corner. The top right corner says Messenger. It prompts me to type a message. At no time does it prompt me to a Google Hangout. My app is a whole lot different than the article in that marsilies suggests. Do I have an older version of the app? If so, how do I update it?

You should be able to update the app by going into Google Play and going to My Apps and the Installed tab. You may want to check "Allow automatic updating." on the app so you don't have to manually check and update all the time. Go into settings in Google Play and set "Update over Wi-fi only" if you want to conserve battery/mobile data (you can still manually update over mobile if you want).

BTW, the feature is still there in your app, just hidden. From the article I previously linked to:
Before now, users could only start a new Google+ Hangout by initiating a Messenger chat, then tapping a video icon in the chat window.

I'm having the same problem. It looks like my tablet won't install the latest version of google plus. Nothing I've done worked, I'm stuck with the old version of google plus, it's so frustrating!

I'm having the same problem. It looks like my tablet won't install the latest version of google plus. Nothing I've done worked, I'm stuck with the old version of google plus, it's so frustrating!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014