formatting dell inspiron mini 10

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a Dell inspiron mini 10 running windows 7 starter 32 bit operating system i think. the computer is extremely slow to boot up. so, i want to format the computer but theres no dvd/cd drive to insert my oem os dvd. also, i dont have an external cd/dvd drive or the os saved on a flash drive. what are my choices? the cheaper the solution, the better. this is just a computer for me to use in the interim. I plan to buy a laptop later.

ive already backed up all my files elsewhere. so, im ready to begin formatting the computer.

thanks.

Member Summary

Thanks a lot! i dont have the computer with me now but when i get a hold of it, i think Ill refer to:

"Solution to Restoring Dell Mini 10 to factory settings on Windows 7 Starter

Restart the computer and press F8 when you receive the Dell loading screen and keep holding it till it the computer beeps , then release it and you’ll find
that you get into a Windows loading screen it gives you a variety of options – select the “Repair your computer” option by highlighting it using your arrow
keys and press enter.

You’ll now be asked to login to your machine, you’ll need to use the same username/password that you use to access Windows normally.

Now, instead of accessing Windows you’ll get a screen with a whole variety of options at the bottom, of that list you’ll find a hyperlink that allows you to
select “Dell Factory Restore Image” – select this and follow the on screen instructions."

thanks again skibum43

which option is "repair your computer"? my list of options is in chinese and i cant read it.

thanks

It should be at the top with a decent spacing separation between it and the other choices.

Here's a screen shot someone posted: http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u21826/W7-RE02.jpg

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014