• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I bought a refurbished Logitech Revue, I have it set up through my TiVo Premiere XL, then to my Samsung tv through HDMI cables.

I get the "Logitech Revue - Google Tv" startup screen, but nothing else happens, it's just stuck there.
I've tried holding the reset button down and I can see it reset itself (screen goes black for a moment, then back to startup screen).

From what I can figure out, it's supposed to go to guided setup next.
I'm wondering if I ended up with a brick?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are you holding reset for 45 seconds as shown HERE?

Also try this if that doesn't work...

1-Unplug the Revue.

2-Hold down the reset button while plugging in the Revue. This will force the Revue to boot into a special recovery mode, which will re-download a new system image.

Thanks for the response Slammin'

I hadn't held down the reset as long as 45 seconds, so I tried that - same response, I can see the tv screen blank for a moment, then it's back to the logo screen, where it stays at.
Then I tried holding down the reset while plugging it in, it went to a blank screen and stayed there while I kept holding the reset button (for 45 sec.), also tried releasing the button after a few seconds from plugging it in.

I've also tried just letting it sit on the logo screen for 30 minutes to see if anything would happen; nothing did.

I emailed Logitech. I hope I get an actual response from someone reading my problem and not just a canned response telling me to do what I already told them I've tried.

mom2jel said:   Thanks for the response Slammin'

Then I tried holding down the reset while plugging it in, it went to a blank screen and stayed there while I kept holding the reset button (for 45 sec.), also tried releasing the button after a few seconds from plugging it in.

I would have let it go for a while on the black screen and walked away to do something else and see if it did in fact enter recovery mode and auto d/l the new system image. Perhaps that's what it was doing when it turned black?

Either way, post back when you hear from Logitech.

I have four of them and have never had that problem. My guess is that you have a defective unit. Good luck getting a response from Logitech, they have pretty much abandoned it. You might want to try returning to the place you bought it.

Logitech support was actually pretty good; kudo's to the CS guy that seemed to actually read what I wrote.
He did suggest the same tips that Slammin' did - which I tried with no results. I also tried leaving it on overnight to see what would happen, nothing did.
Reported that back to Logitech support and he replied back that is was a defective unit and to return it to where I purchased it.

I bought it from Daily Steals as a refurb for $70. DS sent me a RMA form and a prepaid shipping label, which I'll send back tomorrow.
I *was* going to ask for a replacement, but I think I'm going for a refund and then buy a new OEM one from TigerDirect for $90.

Look closely and/or call to confirm. I believe the tiger Direct are refurbs as well. You might as well just take the replacement from DS for $20 less. Logitech hasn't made new ones in a long time. Really doubt there are actually any new ones out there anymore.

TD says they are new under specs: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...
So I hope it's true!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014