Android MO Office file synching

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
PLEASE IGNORE - I managed to get it to work.

I had Palms for many years. Synching MS Office files between the Palm and a computer was effortless.

I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to simply sync Office files between my Samsung Galaxy and my desktop. I'm getting thoroughly confused because it seems that I'll have to put the files in Google Cloud first.

Is there any Android Office equivalent program (along the lines of Docs to Go, etc.) that will allow me to sync directly through the USB cable?

TIA

Member Summary

I don't know about sync, but you can use your phone like a USB drive. There's a deal on Amazon today for an office product (free, normally $15).

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Systems-Inc-OfficeSuite-Professiona...

Sorry to bother you folks. I just got Docs To Go to sync.

StevenColorado said:   Sorry to bother you folks. I just got Docs To Go to sync.

Thanks, I didn't even realize that there was an Android version of Docs to Go. I'm in the exact same situation: migrating from Palm, researching Android office suites for my GS3, and preferring cloud-free syncing. Any information/tips you can report about what caused your problem would be appreciated. FWIW, I just came across this discussion on comparable Android apps for former Palm users: www.dancingdroid.com/?p=75

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014