Hard drive?? problem

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I recently bought a Dell Pavillion 745 on eBay. The desktop constantly shuts off at least three to four times (loops) and then boots OK. I tried removing the operating system that came with it (XP) but it will not allow me to use DriveScrubber. Any other CD DVD works but just not the drive scrubber (Confirmed to work well on other computers). I loaded Win8 as a choice over XP but the problem persits.I tried putting the hard drive in a different computer and get a blank screen with the idea of erasing but get blank screen and no response.

Any idea how to completely erase the HD.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have NO idea what you asking.

get yourself a copy of DFT
here
directions here

use the advanced test, if the HD is shot, no reason to continue

(it very well could be the drive itself)

use dban to erase, one pass would be fine

You could download and burn an iso of various OS's and then boot from the cd, and format the HD.
Its an opportunity to try out other OS's as well, then overwrite them with Win8 fresh install.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.