• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
What is the best program to totally wipe an external hard drive?

Copywipe? Dariks Boot and Nuke?

Thanks.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Don't know if those will do an external drive, but drive wiper in Ccleaner will do it.

skibum43 said:   Don't know if those will do an external drive, but drive wiper in Ccleaner will do it.

yep

either that or Eraser

CopyWipe works fine with USB drives on most machines. Sometimes I'll run into a machine that it can't read USB connected drives on, but for the most part it sees them.

Thanks everyone!

I ended up using CCleaner because Copy wipe just listed the drives as 1, 2, 3 and I didn't want to take the chance of wiping the wrong one. CCleaner told me that the 3rd hard drive was a WD USB 80GB which is the one I wanted to wipe.

Thanks again.

When using CopyWipe you select a drive then press F6 to see the partitions. But as long as CCleaner worked for you it's all good.

1 vote for DBAN

Thanks again everyone. I used CCleaner. It's so smooth to use and I already had it installed on my desktop.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014