• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This matches the part number on it (JJB052000-2511):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tablet-PC-AC-Adapter-For-Model-JJB052000...

But, it keeps getting listed as 10+ then the auction ends after 2 are sold, reason "no longer available". Then it gets relisted almost immediately. I don't really trust the seller because of this.

Anyone have some idea of where I might be able to get this? The tablet is made by irulu, but I can't find any kind of support site or contact for them. I had a heck of a time even figuring out it was made by them.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think it would be helpful if you gave the name of the tablet as well. Looks like something... uncommon, judging by where most of these are sold at.

minidrag said:   This matches the part number on it (JJB052000-2511):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tablet-PC-AC-Adapter-For-Model-JJB052000...

But, it keeps getting listed as 10+ then the auction ends after 2 are sold, reason "no longer available". Then it gets relisted almost immediately. I don't really trust the seller because of this.

Anyone have some idea of where I might be able to get this? The tablet is made by irulu, but I can't find any kind of support site or contact for them. I had a heck of a time even figuring out it was made by them.

Do you think another adapter would work with the same voltage and amps such as THIS ONE??

RushnRockt - I don't have a name for it. I managed to figure out the brand, but they don't seem to have model numbers. I'm sure there is one somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Slammin - that's the kind of thing I was looking for, yes. Now I just need to figure out if the tip is the right size.

I think that one is too big. But, at the moment I can't seem to find a metric ruler so I'm just guessing.

minidrag said:   RushnRockt - I don't have a name for it. I managed to figure out the brand, but they don't seem to have model numbers. I'm sure there is one somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Slammin - that's the kind of thing I was looking for, yes. Now I just need to figure out if the tip is the right size.

Send a message to the seller you posted a link to and ask what the size is of the plug in portion.. hopefully they can tell you.

Actually, I had done that already, but not gotten a response. I just got one that was... interesting. It seems like they are trying to help, but they didn't answer my question.

I asked if they could provide the dimensions of the connector and this is their reply:
Thanks for your interest in our products.
We are sorry that we are not quite familiar with your model. To make sure, would you please tell us your model #,the output on your model and take photos to show your model power port and the original adapter plug tip (with a ruler beside) and send them to us ? We will try to figure out the plug tip size and output, and find the right one for you.
When you send the pics, remember to include your eBay ID so that we can find our communication!!! Thank you!
Best regards

Finally found a metric ruler. It's inner dimension is 1mm, outer is 2.5mm. It's very small, part of the reason I think it broke in the first place. It can't be easy for something that small to actually stay together when being handled by a teen.

minidrag said:   Finally found a metric ruler. It's inner dimension is 1mm, outer is 2.5mm. It's very small, part of the reason I think it broke in the first place. It can't be easy for something that small to actually stay together when being handled by a teen.

Seems like it's easier to replace the teen here than the power adapter

Too bad you didn't know for sure if the original plug in portion of the adapter was good... that way you could buy the one in the link I sent and splice the end. I know its ghetto but it should work. The price of those import 'no name' tablets has gotten so low, you also may be better off getting a new one.

RushnRockt said:   minidrag said:   Finally found a metric ruler. It's inner dimension is 1mm, outer is 2.5mm. It's very small, part of the reason I think it broke in the first place. It can't be easy for something that small to actually stay together when being handled by a teen.

Seems like it's easier to replace the teen here than the power adapter
My wife and I got a laugh out of that

SlamminMOFO said:   Too bad you didn't know for sure if the original plug in portion of the adapter was good... that way you could buy the one in the link I sent and splice the end. I know its ghetto but it should work. The price of those import 'no name' tablets has gotten so low, you also may be better off getting a new one.I still have the end from this one. It pulled out of the wires. It's just too damn small and the wires are too thin for me to mess with.

One of the places I emailed got back to me though - they have one! I'm off to order it now.

Oh, and yes, this thing is cheap. It was a gift from a relative. We wouldn't have gotten her something that didn't even have a model number on it. But... it was free and she plays with it, so I'll get her a new adapter.

What about one of those multi plug adapters? Just make sure that the amp and voltage rating is the same, and it should work?

something like this?

I've never seen one of those with a tip as small as the one I need.

But I found an adapter, so it doesn't matter anymore.

I am having the same problem with the same tablet, My tablet has no model no, any place and I lost my ac adapter, looking for a solution.

This 5V 2A adapter should work for most generic tablets with 2.5mm charging ports.

http://dx.com/p/viskee-q1301-universal-5-5-x-2-5mm-power-adapter-for-2-5mm-tablets-black-100-240v-192595

Kuoh

That does look like the right thing. Wish it was from U.S. and had a UL listing though. The one that I ended up with worked for about 20 minutes then shot out a huge spark, made a loud pop then died.

The seller is sending me a new one with a higher amp rating, claiming that the tablet must be drawing more that 2 amps, even though that's what the original adapter is labeled.

If the new one doesn't work I'll order this one and see if I have any better luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014