Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
As the title says, what is the most simple way to build website

Just need basic functions:

1. Basic ecommerce website
2. Must be able to show item photo, description and prices
3. Must have login capability to access the website.

Thats it.

Member Summary

Hire someone to make it for you.

backsplatter said:   Hire someone to make it for you.

Thats me.....doing without $$$. I was volunteered without permission

While you can build it yourself, it's pretty dangerous. It's better that you use a prebuilt service if you don't plan on spending money and need to ask on a forum. My company charges thousands of dollars to build shopping carts.

Many hosting companies have a product that would probably best meet your needs. Examples below:
SecureServer
Intuit
1&1

wix.com

That's the easiest way. Choose from templates and rename the menus. In fact they also have the products listed in the templates!

Facebook with paypal or just use eBay.

cmon now....gotta give more info than that

backsplatter said:   Hire someone to make it for you.

Yes this is correct.

No so simple. Easy to screw up ecoomerce. Using a package that requires no invention is safer

So it is clear that creating a new websites is a really tough. There are many elements have to keep in mind while creating a website. Each and all ingredients count to make a proper and successful website. A good website always helps you to increase your business. The business promotions required a good medium of communication.

LArugby (post was deleted due to self-promotion, but LArugby said this was easy to do based one experience creating websites

- when you create websites, are you

1) using a well-known and tested ecommerce and payments engine?
2) using well-known, open source login / password algorithms, with no passwords stored, and hashed with salt?

I wasn't promoting anything or looking for business. I asked a few questions to get a better idea of what kind of site you need. And then I was going to help.

I didn't understand the requirement of the login to the site. If you can explain that I can point you in the right direction.

I would guess customer account creation and login / authentication.
All normal functions,. Password reset, address update,store, credit card details, multiple shipping address
Check status, cancel order in part or whole. Track shipping, etc

Just search for 'free ecommerce website' & take your pick.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014