• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I know you can print wirelessly (via the web) from an iPhone, tablet, etc...

My question Is there some sort of digital camera (likely have to purchase an Eye-Fi card) that I can print directly to a photo printer over Wi-Fi? It has to be a digital camera. No tablets or phones allowed here..

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

a couple of cameras out run on android, 1 samsung and a nikon coolpix S800c i think, android has some printing apps, but i don't think you'll be printing directly from an eye-fi card

check DPreviews for more, i see LOTS of samsung cameras aftermarket/refurb, i don't know whats wrong with them but, they seem to be getting returned

samsung on DPreview

nikon on DPreview

You can print directly from an EyeFi card.
Just set the eyefi to autodownload to the PC and have the PC autoprint it.

I don't know too many applications where you want ALL of your pictures autoprinting unless you are running a Photobooth or something.

forbin4040 said:   You can print directly from an EyeFi card.

that's not really direct

skh12 said:   forbin4040 said:   You can print directly from an EyeFi card.
that's not really direct

You are correct. That's not really direct. Here is a little more info...

This is for a fine dining restaurant that takes pictures of special occasion tables and then prints them in house to give to the guest.

Right now they do the following..

1) Take the picture
2) Plug in the camera and plug it into the printer. On the camera they have the option to pic which image they use and then select "print"
3) In the mean time the camera/and printer is tied up for 60 seconds or so while waiting for the image to print.
(They have tried doing this as well with memory cards but they get lost and still the printer is tied up for 60 seconds without anyone else being able to "send" a picture)

I was hoping there was an ability (Maybe Bluetooth??) that would allow the sever to hit "print" wirelessly from the camera and send the image to the printer.

Does this technology even exist??

skh12 said:   yepGREAT find. However the cost for everything would be close to $1,900.00

The printer (P510Si) is $1,250
The transmitter (WFT 510) is $275
The cheapest DSLR listed is $300

They would be better off just buying 5 cameras and 5 printers or something along those lines as that would still be cheaper MUCH. I was hoping to find them something with a much lower cost. I do feel good that it at least exists. Anyone else have any other options or suggestions?

yaijic said:   This is for a fine dining restaurant that takes pictures of special occasion tables and then prints them in house to give to the guest.

Right now they do the following..

1) Take the picture
2) Plug in the camera and plug it into the printer. On the camera they have the option to pic which image they use and then select "print"
3) In the mean time the camera/and printer is tied up for 60 seconds or so while waiting for the image to print.
(They have tried doing this as well with memory cards but they get lost and still the printer is tied up for 60 seconds without anyone else being able to "send" a picture)

I was hoping there was an ability (Maybe Bluetooth??) that would allow the sever to hit "print" wirelessly from the camera and send the image to the printer.

Does this technology even exist??

It sounds like the best solution currently available would be to hook up a small netbook to the printer, and then have an eyeFi card in the camera. That way one person could be taking pictures while another is selecting and printing out photos.

Samsung is coming out with Android powered digital cameras that can connect to wifi.

HP (and I am sure others, too) have photo capable wifi printers that you can directly print via email.

Maybe that would work, though I am not sure if the printer's email printing works with photo printing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014