virus?

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
(This isn't the one that was having the issues before)

No clue what went wrong...it was working fine last night.

When I booted it up today, it gave an error as if there was something wrong with the drive or the boot configuration.

Ran startup repair from win7 disk and it loaded after that. However, something seems to have messed with the connection settings...Zone Alarm may also have been altered. MSE seems to be alright though??

When I tried to diagnose the connection it said the diagnostic policy service was disabled (?)....I tried to start it manually and it said access was denied

Tried a system restore but it failed. Did a full scan with MSE and nothing came up. Checking with MBAM now.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You may want to grab the Kaspersky Rescue CD. Boot from it, let it update, then run a scan. Handy thing to have around, even if you don't need it right now.

Windows Defender Offline is another bootable (usb or CD) tool worth trying.

minidrag said:   You may want to grab the Kaspersky Rescue CD. Boot from it, let it update, then run a scan. Handy thing to have around, even if you don't need it right now.
2nd that, I keep that on hand, the AVG rescue disk and stinger

minidrag said:   You may want to grab the Kaspersky Rescue CD. Boot from it, let it update, then run a scan. Handy thing to have around, even if you don't need it right now.

mbam didn't fix it...will download and save for later

going to try restoring just the windows partition from a recent backup

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014